Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoo hoo! Look for a blue one like yours, 90D, pano roof, gray next-gen seats, tan headliner. Do they have a stock of rubber mats now or just yours? I need some!

Mike
I'll keep an eye out for it!
i ordered the mats over a month ago hoping they'd arrive before delivery but they've been backordered all this time. I got an email yesterday that they just got more stock, so that's why I'm going down to make sure I get mine. No idea how much new stock they got in, but if you haven't already done so now would be a good time to give them a call to order.

Saw a truck full of Model S cars headed north on I-5 yesterday between Salem and Portland OR. Sure enjoying my new car! Best car I've ever owned!

70 | Base White | Tan Next Gen Leather | 19" | Panoramic Roof | Black Headliner | Smart Air | Piano Black | Autopilot | Ordered 11/03/2015 | In Prod 11/16/2015 | In transit 11/22/2015 | Delivered 12/1/2015 | VIN #1155**

Order with my referral link and receive $1,000 toward your Model S. http://ts.la/joshua8299

- - - Updated - - -

I have an extra back seat/rear Weathertech liner that is new in the box I'll sell you for $75 if your interested. Retail is $99

I've been delinquent... I picked up my Metallic Blue S70D last week on Tuesday! Delivery was a fun experience and the car has been a lot of fun. I had Xpel installed on the car the very next morning, so even though I took delivery it did not feel like it until it came home permanently. So far the car has not disappointed and it's been a lot of fun. A lot of attention from random people but it's been fun talking about the cars. Here's a snapshot from when I picked it up. Detailer did a fantastic job!

IMG_2806.JPG

I was just scheduled to pick my S70 this Friday, 12/18 at the new(er) Buena Park, CA location. Ordered 11/24, production end 12/13.

A question for those of you who have taken delivery recently. Did you notice any swirls/webbing on your paint? I'm curious to know if the detailing portion of their PDI had improved.

Soooooooo jealous! Just spoke to my DS today. Yesterday the car was somewhere in Colorado according to his ping and today it is in the mid-west. Its looking like it should arrive to CT hub sometime at the end of this week and hopefully be ready for delivery or pickup from Mt. Kisco next week. I need to get this car so that I can sleep again :) this wait is rough, can't even imagine how the folks who waited months or years managed.

My last update was that Production finished on December 6th. I got the call this afternoon, so there is a chance they were on the same truck or one two days after mine. Hopefully it's on the same one and you will get yours before the end of the week too.

Mine has been in transit to Dedham since Dec 8 - I wish mine made the same truck as yours! Or perhaps my DS hasn't told me yet. It's my birthday tomorrow - that'd have been a nice gift.

Congrats! I was just there getting my scratches buffed out and hung out at the supercharger for 20 minutes to get some juice.
Only saw one scratch, they took care of it right then though. I did notice my hood is not properly aligned, need to see if the can correct that.
Btw, what do you think of that acceleration! Stand still is so-so, but punching it while moving is amazing. I'm on 2.9.4

My last update was that Production finished on December 6th. I got the call this afternoon, so there is a chance they were on the same truck or one two days after mine. Hopefully it's on the same one and you will get yours before the end of the week too.

dkitchel said:
Mine has been in transit to Dedham since Dec 8 - I wish mine made the same truck as yours! Or perhaps my DS hasn't told me yet. It's my birthday tomorrow - that'd have been a nice gift.

Headed to Dedham as well - ordered around the same time as you both (vin about 200 before dkitchel) confirmed 11/10, prod start 11/18 but still in Prod. This feels worse than the xmas countdown when I was a kid. At least then I know how many days for sure.

Headed to Dedham as well - ordered around the same time as you both (vin about 200 before dkitchel) confirmed 11/10, prod start 11/18 but still in Prod. This feels worse than the xmas countdown when I was a kid. At least then I know how many days for sure.

Have you called to ask what's going on? I thought mine was in production for a long time (> 2 weeks), but you're pushing a month which would make me think there was a production issue that has been, or is being worked out. On the bright side, it's better to find and deal with any production issues during production than find them afterwards, but I'm a bit surprised they haven't contacted you with some news. I'd give them a call.

I've traded some email with DS. On 12/11 status was:

"Your car is currently at the factory, the frame of your Model S is built, and it’s getting its paint applied right now. It should be finishing up its production this week, and will be entering shipping and getting to Dedham between Dec 17[SUP]th[/SUP] and the 31st. I’m about 100% that we will get you the car THIS YEAR, barring no issues that could pop up. Your order was placed such that we are going to prioritize you over others that ordered later, and this is why I can be confident in saying so. "

I'm concerned given how long it has taken this point and knowing that it will take several days to cross the country on a truck, I'm in real trouble if they put it on a train. I'll call tomorrow if the car is still in production.

We picked her up yesterday in Drammen, and drove her to Oslo. We then transferred stuff from our old car, which I then promptly handed in to be sold. Since picking her up, we've done about 160 km, and it is hands down the best car I've ever driven. Very, very happy about the car, which has already taken part in our moving house, carrying some 150-200 kg of stuff already.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450277990.969712.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450278004.608119.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450278014.060813.jpg

We've dubbed her TARDIS, and the name certainly feels right. Huge on the inside, and travels in both time and space (even though it's limited by linearity).

When we picked it up, it had the 6.2 software, upgraded her overnight. I think I prefer the new binnacle to the old one; I really like it telling me what it's seeing.

I'm concerned given how long it has taken this point and knowing that it will take several days to cross the country on a truck, I'm in real trouble if they put it on a train. I'll call tomorrow if the car is still in production.

Best of luck, RedSocks. Mine was in production for a couple of weeks. Now it is sitting in Vancouver, BC waiting for the next truck to Alberta which is Monday the 21st. At least I can count down the days.

Only saw one scratch, they took care of it right then though. I did notice my hood is not properly aligned, need to see if the can correct that.
Btw, what do you think of that acceleration! Stand still is so-so, but punching it while moving is amazing. I'm on 2.9.4

They can definitely fix the hood alignment. Get this fixed before you get XPEL. Also check the rear hatch alignment.
I am addicted to the acceleration! I am very happy with standstill acceleration. I embarrassed a souped up looking Panamara yesterday that I saw racing down westheimer :)