Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was told today, via an exchange in the app, EDDs may be shifting forward in the next few weeks as manufacturing stabilizes a bit. Was told I might have a VIN in mid to late May asa result. No concrete change to my EDD yet, but hope that pans out.

All prompted when they asked for yet another trade in eval even though my EDD is officially not until Jul-Aug and I responded with a “why?”…

It seems they made no attempt to nerf the M3P like I think they did for the LR vs Plaid.

Could it be the slowdown reported above is clearing out the part inventory ahead of a discontinuation of the Long Range MS and MX?

Mixed feelings about that. They have to save cost somewhere, and demand is like 5% of sales.

Those in the queue now for an LR may be getting a great deal.

It seems they made no attempt to nerf the M3P like I think they did for the LR vs Plaid.

Could it be the slowdown reported above is clearing out the part inventory ahead of a discontinuation of the Long Range MS and MX?

Mixed feelings about that. They have to save cost somewhere, and demand is like 5% of sales.

Those in the queue now for an LR may be getting a great deal.
It would be a huge mistake if Tesla discontinued the S/X.
Even though they sell fewer of them than the 3/Y, it’s still billions of dollars annually. I’m not sure Tesla is in a position to throw that away, especially since manufacturing capacity is not exactly a problem these days.

That would be an even stranger move, they’re assembled on the same production line, taking away the more produced model will slow that production line. Now you have a production line taking up room sitting idle more often.
Depends on how many of those wouldbe LR orders would just go with the Plaid vs not getting an S at all.

Though with all the effort they went through to keep the LR's range above 400 miles, I imagine they want to keep at least that for marketing purposes.

Reactions: TBrownTX and AMPd
Depends on how many of those wouldbe LR orders would just go with the Plaid vs not getting an S at all.

Though with all the effort they went through to keep the LR's range above 400 miles, I imagine they want to keep at least that for marketing purposes.
The only reason I could understand ceasing production of the LR or the S in general is if it cleared room for another assembly line for the model 3/y.

But that’s not something they need, giga Austin is not exactly maxed out, and based on the price decrease neither is Fremont.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Had a chance to sit in the Bellevue Square showroom’s 3 performance. Those seats are GOOD. Super comfy, and the bolstering is enough to really hug you. Absolutely placing a retrofit order when it becomes available if the 3 seats are that good.

for any seattle area peeps, they should have an S with the sport seats sometime next week for viewing.