Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I contacted my DS today and was told that the original estimate of 2. week of May for my car to enter production is out of the window and it will be more the end of "mid May" when it will likely enter production. His estimate for delivery was more like mid to end June, regardless what my Tesla states (late May - June).

VIN 1378xx

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Today my status changed to "in transit"!
Me too. Production completed. In transit! Not sure if it will go by rail which can take 20 days to get to the East Coast (lots of stops) or by truck which takes around 7 days (that is what I have been told).
I'd love to but I can't figure out how to do it. I'm on an iPad or iPhone. Thanks for any help
I'm in the same boat. iPad or phone only. Any direction would be helpful.

I contacted my DS today and was told that the original estimate of 2. week of May for my car to enter production is out of the window and it will be more the end of "mid May" when it will likely enter production. His estimate for delivery was more like mid to end June, regardless what my Tesla states (late May - June).

VIN 1378xx

Woah that's odd considering later vin numbers are in production.

I confirmed 4/11 and vin 1388xx and I was hoping to make it to production next week

I posit that international orders are winding down and that a deluge of US orders are going to start during the next several days. We are at the start. This is is really good for the 137to140 VIN group and encouraging for 141s and beyond.

Is yours a 70 or a 90? Not sure if there's a delay on the 70 due to possible changes?

It's a 90D, MC Red, all options except for child seats, black next gen seats, black liner. I have no idea why the car sits in production since 4/8 when it usually takes a few days.

I hope to at least get some of the newer options they keep adding, was lucky with refreshed nose, lights and HEPA filters. Wouldn't mind to get some additional cameras for the AP :cool:

VIN 1378xx

My VIN is also 1378xx, ordered 3/29 and confirmed 4/6. My Tesla still says the car has entered the production queue with a May-early June delivery. I really wish the guys at the local store didn't tell me mid-April when I placed my order! Talk about false hope and major letdown with how long this is taking!

Your car got delayed because they were retooling the factory for the new features. The people in the Tesla store didn't know that when you placed the order. They keep those people in the dark so they don't slip things and start a rumor fest here.

It's a 90D, MC Red, all options except for child seats, black next gen seats, black liner. I have no idea why the car sits in production since 4/8 when it usually takes a few days.

I hope to at least get some of the newer options they keep adding, was lucky with refreshed nose, lights and HEPA filters. Wouldn't mind to get some additional cameras for the AP :cool:
I'm not sure the website can always be trusted, either. When I ordered my first one, the status online never changed until after delivery. Granted that was in 2013, so early days, but I'm sure the process still has gaps. That's my optimistic hope for you!

I'm not sure the website can always be trusted, either. When I ordered my first one, the status online never changed until after delivery. Granted that was in 2013, so early days, but I'm sure the process still has gaps. That's my optimistic hope for you!

Well, the DS confirmed what I can see on the web site, without having an explanation for the delay. He was confident, that Tesla can meet the delivery date end of June, early July (shipment to Europe included).

Not sure I can share that confidence though.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Well, the DS confirmed what I can see on the web site, without having an explanation for the delay. He was confident, that Tesla can meet the delivery date end of June, early July (shipment to Europe included).

Not sure I can share that confidence though.
Soon the long wait will be behind you and you'll have that glorious car every day!

Mod: Why did you take the wiki link off this thread? This is one of the most popular threads in all of TMC. Allowing members to update the latest VIN is essential for the utility and purpose of this thread. Please re-enable asap. Thanks.

Joe Fee