Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd go for 75 over 70. One, range is king (so following that logic I went 90), two I think it will hold value more if your intent is to resell it at some point. There is a chance 75 is going to be the norm now, so your car, particularly if its a refresh, will look modern longer. There may be few additional goodies (ie it could give you a bit more performance and faster supercharging)

I'd go for 75 over 70. One, range is king (so following that logic I went 90), two I think it will hold value more if your intent is to resell it at some point. There is a chance 75 is going to be the norm now, so your car, particularly if its a refresh, will look modern longer. There may be few additional goodies (ie it could give you a bit more performance and faster supercharging)

It's saying its a 15 mile increase for $3000 but since I'm leading and my commute is not long I'm kind of hesitant on the change. I'm leasing as well so the resale value is not very significant.

Do you guys think altering the order will affect the delivery date?

So I officially upgraded from the 70 to the 75! Here is the info I received from my DS.

1)Will upgrading to the 75 delay the production time?

a.It will not delay production.

2)Will I have to resubmit my tesla lease again?

a.No need to resubmit. The final lease will be adjusted to include the upgrade.

3)Will Tesla waive the $500 fee to add anything more?

a.We are able to waive the $500 fee if you would like to add the range upgrade. If you would like to make any other changes there will be a $500 order modification fee.

4)Is the price $3,000 for me?

a.It is!

Please reply to this email to confirm you’d like to add the range extender to 75D and I will have the factory update your Model S.

The Model S Options By Year WiKi has been updated with the 75 and 75D Range Upgrade Option.
Also...
Please folks, many of you are new here and that is great. However, it has been a long time TMC tradition to enter your order data and dates into the Google Sheets which are located via a link in the very FIRST post of this massive thread. (BTW this is post 9864, take a look in the upper right hand corner of this reply) Your order data should be entered into the 2016 APR-MAY-JUNE spreadsheet. (it is one of the many TABS at the bottom of the spreadsheet and doing this data entry by smart phone is NOT recommended.)

APR-MAY-JUNE is turning out to be a massive Model S ordering Quarter (based upon VIN number assignments), and is right now tied with the historical #1 2015 JAN-FEB-MAR quarter. However, looking at the spreadsheet, and noticing the lack of data entry, it would lead one to surmise differently.

Thanks for your Efforts... and enjoy your new S's when they arrive. This quarter is turning out just like all the other previous quarters.... serious production of US bound cars start in the middle of the second month of the quarter.

Cheers,
ARTinCT

Last edited:
I'd go the other way and rather have something like a premium package or something else. In a few years 3 will be out and it is ~215mi, which I suspect is going to mean slightly tighter spacing of SuperChargers, of which there will be more. So unless you're really in under-covered area, I'd keep the order 70. Also, does anyone know, how they limit it, by keeping top voltage lower or by lifting anti-bricking reserve up? In any case, 70 might live a bit longer than 75

I drive about 350 miles a month because I live in an Urban area. 70 is fine for me and fine for resale since it is likely going to be sold to someone local. Is city dwellers don't have far to commute and my weekend road trips don't warrant a 75. If I lived in a rural or suburban area and had lengthy commutes, that would be a different story.

From what electrik said, his DS told him that he was getting his refresh before they were building them for the stores. I think last he posted his was in transit. If anyone is unfamiliar with his story he got bumped to the front of the line due to his health situation. The story is upthread a few pages back.

From pieces things together I expect the refresh build order is:
1) electrik's car
2) a number of cars for the stores
3) domestic refresh orders placed late March through April
4) overseas orders for the same time period

Pictures taken of the refresh cars seen in stores show some poor fit to the hood and fenders on some of them. I suspect those were cars built to the old look and hand modified in a rework shop so they could have a few to show off and for the promo photographs. It also looks like most if not all of the refresh cars reworked were 70s.

That's just my speculation.

From what electrik said, his DS told him that he was getting his refresh before they were building them for the stores. I think last he posted his was in transit. If anyone is unfamiliar with his story he got bumped to the front of the line due to his health situation. The story is upthread a few pages back.

From pieces things together I expect the refresh build order is:
1) electrik's car
2) a number of cars for the stores
3) domestic refresh orders placed late March through April
4) overseas orders for the same time period

Pictures taken of the refresh cars seen in stores show some poor fit to the hood and fenders on some of them. I suspect those were cars built to the old look and hand modified in a rework shop so they could have a few to show off and for the promo photographs. It also looks like most if not all of the refresh cars reworked were 70s.

That's just my speculation.

My order was on 4/8, confirmation and VIN of 1390xxx on 4/15, production Queue on 4/17, production was 4/28-5/3 and now, My Tesla page says "your Tesla build has been complete and is In transit from the factory" Estimated due date is now 5/11-5/25. I'm on the East coast.
I ordered on 4/8 before the announcement of the refresh but was given the free refresh since I was in the window before order confirm.
My DS is not sure if my S is in transit by rail or truck. I'll post pics as soon as I take delivery.