Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my DS:

"I am still waiting on the production to begin on your Model S. The good news is, the build process should not be very extensive on your P90DL, & I expect that we will be looking to get you behind the wheel in the first half of June."

Went from May 23-28 to first half of June.

1396xx

What the heck does "the build process should not be very extensive" mean? It shouldn't be but it could? Or it usually is but for you were taking short cuts? Or we pretend these are complex vehicles but they aren't? LOL! That line of blather cracks me up. Don't mean to laugh at your expense Eclipxe (I'm right with you) but this process has me punch drunk silly from drinking whatever is served up to us every day.

image.jpeg
Yay to swag delivery today!

Yeah, I've heard the same thing. I'll be picking up at Villa Park, and they are going to be trying to get the car on a truck right away. They are trying to arrange a special pickup for us because of our situation (I have cancer, and my 1.5 year old just had a liver transplant and still needs a kidney transplant). Apparently they said that the service center is closed on Saturday, but they are making arrangements for everyone to come in for our pickup. They said it is possible it won't be ready until Tuesday, but they think they should be able to get everything done for Saturday.

My DS has been pretty awesome though. He emails me status updates almost every day, and calls periodically to make sure we're still good for a Saturday pickup since they need to make sure people are willing to come in on a holiday weekend for this. They are making a really big deal about us getting the car, and said that they have something really special planned for my son. I'm not sure if it will be one of those Radio Flyer cars or what, but they've already given him a bunch of clothes and stuff.

My best to you and your son!

I'm picking up in Villa Park too - is Colin your DS?

Woke up this morning and before the coffee was brewing hit My Tesla bookmark. Site was slow but finally said I had moved into production queue. First movement in over one month. Woo hoo.
When my wife woke up I called her over to show it and it says:
"We are processing your order and will provide an estimated delivery date."
You are killing me Elon.

Woke up this morning and before the coffee was brewing hit My Tesla bookmark. Site was slow but finally said I had moved into production queue. First movement in over one month. Woo hoo.
When my wife woke up I called her over to show it and it says:
"We are processing your order and will provide an estimated delivery date."
You are killing me Elon.

Heh. P90DL, 1392xx vin and still in the production queue. I'd love to see it moved to in production...