Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When they tell people cars are entering production, it may be they are telling people that your car will be going into production in the next batch, which might not start for a day or two. So they might only inform people production has started a couple of times a week. This might account for the varying time in production numbers.

According to Bjorn Nyland's recent video where he visited the factory, Model S and X production shares a lot of production space and they only have the two lines for final production. It may be that a batch of Model Xs are scheduled to start next which causes a few day's delay in more Ss going into production.

Well, upon checking My Tesla this morning, my car has gone into production!

Refreshed S90D.
Ordered: 4/9/16
Confirmed: 4/16/16,
Production: 5/24/16

Thanks Erik

Well my car still says "in production" but the delivery date status just updated to "Your estimated delivery window is June 2, 2016- June 16, 2016." Hopefully it's on the early side as during the last part I'll be in Fremont on my factory tour!

To think that I might be purchasing my last tank of gas (current car is a 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid) this week is awesome!

Thanks. Erik

Thank you for the day response. What was your confirmation date? I ask because I ordered on 5/2/16, confirmed on 5/9/16, assigned VIN on 5/10/16, and now in production on 5/24/16. I can't imagine it only taking another week to get my S 90D when I keep hearing that 6 to 8 weeks is the norm. I'm in Texas. My birthday is on the 16th of June so that would be the best birthday present of all... though I won't get my hopes up.
How long have you and Elon been friends? I ordered on 4/25 and still no word about going to production:(

Reactions: vtvox
Where is everyone seeing the status of their car? Is it just the myTesla page where mine says, "Your estimated delivery window is June - Early July?"

Hopefully I'm just looking in the wrong place and it's almost done.

Once on the "My Tesla" page, click the "view profile" next to the car you want to view. Then on that page there is a picture of your car. Under that is your VIN. Under the VIN is where my delivery status reflects the updated status.

Under the delivery status there is the "view specs" button. Under that is the "what's next?" area. That's where mine says in production.

I have heard several people never saw their car go into production but got a call from their DS saying it's available for pickup. So I don't think the tracking is 100%.

Thanks Erik

image.png

Reactions: vtvox