Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question for Houston (or nearby) Tesla owners - Do the cars ship from the factory to Houston via truck or train, and what was the average time from finished production to delivery?
Sorry in advance if this has already been answered - and thanks so much for your insight !
Can't wait ;)
Truck--5-7 days (most likely)
Train--14-21 days

That said, there are a lot of factors involved in the shipping. Rooting for all of us Texans to get our cars in June!

Reactions: vtvox and Mailtrey
I keep doing the same thing. Do you think I have a problem?
Writing some script now to ping my Apple Watch or make the Hue bulbs in my house flash on and off if there is a Status change ;)
(Ok, not really, but its not a bad idea,...)
Even so, I am sure I would still check the site... just to make sure the script is working... ;)

Ok, here's my obligatory photo with the car!

I picked up the car and drove it 500 feet to a tire shop and had my T-Sportline matte black rims put on the car! Looks gorgeous. Tomorrow morning I have my tint installed, then I'll have a proper photo shoot with my dslr. Other things I'm having done is that all the chrome will be matte black and then I'll have nano fusion wrap on the front/back and opti-coat on the car, windows, and interior.

Thanks. Erik

IMG_20160603_154730.jpg
20160603_161518.jpg
20160603_173701.jpg

Quick question for Houston (or nearby) Tesla owners - Do the cars ship from the factory to Houston via truck or train, and what was the average time from finished production to delivery?
Sorry in advance if this has already been answered - and thanks so much for your insight !
Can't wait ;)

According to my DS (Whitney), they're coming to Houston by truck. They were going to experiment with sending it over here by rail, but our batch of late June deliveries (she says we're still looking good for 6/20 - VIN 141xxx) should still be by truck.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rhyder and Mailtrey
@SackAttack @DoubleE @rcsting
Are you guys removing the frame to leave it clean, or placing the plate elsewhere? I've only been ticketed once for no front CA plate and that was because he stopped me for speeding.

If my car ever arrives, that ugly frame is gone........

To keep it clean for sure. ill temp fix it if i get a ticket.

I just have to figure out a way to get those ugly HOV stickers to attach only when I need them.I will only need them on long trips.

Are you guys planning on getting them?

Reactions: Reekdog
To keep it clean for sure. ill temp fix it if i get a ticket.

I just have to figure out a way to get those ugly HOV stickers to attach only when I need them.I will only need them on long trips.

Are you guys planning on getting them?

I will be getting them as well. I would love to figure out a way to temp attach them for the rare ocassions I will be solo in the HOV lane. Aluminum body panels so putting the stickers on a magnet sheet won't work.

Got the email that my S went into production in the evening of June 2. My DS had estimated production on June 6 and delivery between June 20 and 30.

Very cool! - my DS told me "Hopefully production notice next week" this past Wednesay,..

Comparing details with yours I am getting very excited - but no email as of yet -
VIN 1442** -- same obfuscated VIN
Confirmed 5-18 -- One day later than your 5/17
Current Status: June - Early July

Makes we want to fly out for the pickup :)

Can't wait ;)
Here's what I posted the other day about my Houston delivery per my DS:

I asked about transit times and here's what she said "Your Model S should be shipped by truck at that time and it takes generally about 5 to 7 days" conservatively.

Reactions: Mailtrey