Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Erik,

SWEEEET thanks for the post! I know you will but PLEASE post more after nano-fusion and opti-coat! I'm planning on getting XPEL + Opticoat as well, and it would be good to see the comparison of before and after. I'm sure it will shine like a MIRROR. can't wait to see it, and congrats again!

- I will definitely post more pictures once it gets chrome delete, nano-fusion, and opti-coat.

To the new owners with the new style keyfob holder ... how does it securely attach to the fob? Looks real cool, but just from pictures, it seems the fob can come loose and fall out on either side.

- The rubber stretches around the fob to cover it. I just took mine off and you have to stretch it a little to get it back on. It holds the fob VERY well and I can't imagine it ever falling out unless the rubber loosens over time. The inside of the rubber fob holder is smooth rubber that sticks to the actual fob very well and doesn't slide around.

Thanks Erik

I feel your pain. Confirmed 4/25 and still not in production. Happy for everyone else but the envy is undeniable! After watching this thread for six weeks, I still can't pin down clear patterns by model, color, location, etc. I'm vin 1414 but I see a few lower than me still waiting too. Starting to feel more and more silly every time I hit refresh on My Tesla
I feel for you. My situation isn't as bad as yours, but to let you know I went into Production on 5/20 and still stuck in there. I'm coming on 3 weeks being in Production and my DS has no answer. Again not as bad as yours, but still a frustrating situation. Hopefully this coming up week will be good for all of us whom are waiting. :)

Reactions: AxelF
I took way too many, my technique was all over the place, i was in awe.

ENJOY THE PICS: Model S Gen II - Multi-coat Red :)

Awesome!! :)

Thanks for sharing, gives me something to look at during the long wait for my MC Red. Being in Switzerland makes the whole delivery process way more agonizing, just as a reference: I confirmed on 3/18, went in production on 4/8 (getting the refresh!), in transit since 5/11, supposed to be delivered end of June, early July :confused:

Update from my DS says car should enter production Tomorrow or Monday FINGERS XX:rolleyes:

Looks like my DS was right Got my Production notice Saturday night at 8:20PM PST!!:D:D

@TechGuy do you mind sharing the source of your information? Tesla is know to constantly improve things but I'm curious to know more.

My DS mentioned it in regards to the delay and said the factory was retooling to improve panel fitment when I stopped by this week to pick up a new high power wall charger.

I feel your pain. Confirmed 4/25 and still not in production. Happy for everyone else but the envy is undeniable! After watching this thread for six weeks, I still can't pin down clear patterns by model, color, location, etc. I'm vin 1414 but I see a few lower than me still waiting too. Starting to feel more and more silly every time I hit refresh on My Tesla
I felt like you. I would love for someone who is picking up their car and touring the factory to ask them the question about how they choose which cars are being produced. Would love to know, as any kid of pattern escapes me!

Reactions: AxelF and Mailtrey
I received an e-mail late last night saying my car had entered production, but I'm not seeing that updated on My Tesla yet. There it still says, "Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue."

It took 24-36 hours for the website to get updated after I got the production e-mail. I never got an e-mail or a notice on the website that the car had been shipped, my DS told me last Tuesday it had come in on a truck, but it was going to be 6 days before I could pick it up!

It's kind of funny, but the first thing my car will be doing is hauling stuff. My SO told me that the microwave we dropped off at a shop that is sort of on the way home is ready, so can I pick it up after getting the car. And we have a bunch of stuff for Free Geek which is only a couple of blocks from the microwave repair place, so I might as well go there too. She can't go because she has to meet a client after taking me to the Tesla service center. So we'll have to transfer the Free Geek stuff from her car into mine before she takes off.

It seems sort of strange to be loading up a new Tesla that has just been delivered with a bunch of obsolete electronics in the service center parking lot.

Only 29 hours to go...

It seems sort of strange to be loading up a new Tesla that has just been delivered with a bunch of obsolete electronics in the service center parking lot.

My SO waited until I got mine back from the detailer to tell me I needed to take one of our cats to the vet, as the carrier is too big for his Camaro (big cat= big carrier). Just what I wanted, a sick cat in my freshly detailed S! But, I do love the cat so...

Here's a quick pic that's awesome for a couple of reasons...This is me and my nephew, Christopher, after taking a fun spin in my new car. Christopher is 27, and has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, so is in a wheelchair. He has always been very passionate about cars, although he has never driven. We've shared that passion since he's been on this earth, pretty much. He generally only rides in their van, or his biological father's truck, as it is difficult to transfer him into a standard car. HOWEVER, Tesla! He was the first person I gave a ride to in my 60, so yesterday I stopped by and we got him in this one and he got the full ride and demo of all the new features. I think you can see his review in this pic.
FB_IMG_1465132236175.jpg

I feel for you. My situation isn't as bad as yours, but to let you know I went into Production on 5/20 and still stuck in there. I'm coming on 3 weeks being in Production and my DS has no answer. Again not as bad as yours, but still a frustrating situation. Hopefully this coming up week will be good for all of us whom are waiting. :)
Hopefully you'll get the "Oh by the way, your car is here" call this week. Gotta be ready by now!

Last edited:
Greetings!

Just officially joined (and added to the sheet). Great threat...and great therapy for 'the wait'. Ordered, Confirmed and VIN on 6/2.

Planning for power and treatments/upgrades....and counting the days (and minutes and seconds...driving my wife nuts.)

Thankfully there are a couple coworker MSs at the office already (and a couple J1772s) so I can get my fix in the meantime. I get to borrow them pretty regularly...but when I offer for a weekend swap, you'd think they were confusing my current 2013 750i M Sport with a Yugo. No interest...whatsoever. That alone says a lot. Can't wait.

So far plans are for 40 (maybe lighter) windows and maybe light/clear windshield in 3M Crystalline and Gray or Black 20" T Sportlines.

Researching the various paint treatments and coatings, which I've never done. So far I like the sound what Btrflyl8e has done.

Thanks all for the great info. Will try to contribute as things progress.

airbish

2016 Model S 90D | Midnight Silver Metallic | Pano | 19" | Black Next Gen (ordering 20" T Sports) | Matte Obeche | AP | Ultra HiFi Sound / SAS

It took 24-36 hours for the website to get updated after I got the production e-mail. I never got an e-mail or a notice on the website that the car had been shipped, my DS told me last Tuesday it had come in on a truck, but it was going to be 6 days before I could pick it up!

It's kind of funny, but the first thing my car will be doing is hauling stuff. My SO told me that the microwave we dropped off at a shop that is sort of on the way home is ready, so can I pick it up after getting the car. And we have a bunch of stuff for Free Geek which is only a couple of blocks from the microwave repair place, so I might as well go there too. She can't go because she has to meet a client after taking me to the Tesla service center. So we'll have to transfer the Free Geek stuff from her car into mine before she takes off.

Only 29 hours to go...

Good to know. I don't know if I could handle waiting 6 days while knowing the car was done and at the center. Sounds excruciating!