Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slow to post, but here's my new MS I picked up at the Fremont factory last week.

70D, Premium Package with an all vegan interior, including the custom steering wheel.

This was yesterday, not long after getting Opticoat Pro Plus applied. Looks even better in person.

View media item 115205
Looks great! Mind if I ask what the Opticoat cost was? Assume it varies but just curious what the going rates are.

Reactions: vtvox
I have not yet received an email but "My Tesla" account has changed from being in the "production queue" to "Your Tesla is in Production". Hopefully this is correct. Confirmed April 22, (45 days to production) VIN 1409XX, 90D Midnight Silver. So it seems like a bunch of us are lucky today. :^)

The time between seeing the website update and getting the email is directly proportional to the number of times you refresh myTesla per day ;)

Mine was a big number.

Reactions: Mailtrey
thanks for the info! so I can just stop by anytime as long as it's operating hours? kool!

Send your factory tour request to this e-mail address: [email protected]

Tours are about an hour. Require the owner to be present. Max of 4 people. Monday through Friday 10am or 3pm. Not on holidays. They can be booked about 3 months in advance. Any children must be 48 inches or taller.

Tours are about an hour. Require the owner to be present. Max of 4 people. Monday through Friday 10am or 3pm. Not on holidays. They can be booked about 3 months in advance. Any children must be 48 inches or taller.

awesome! thank you for all that info!

Sweeet! I plan to make a homage in late Sept. The height limit will be a bummer for my son and godson.

Just received the "production" email. Hallelujah!!

VIN: 141xxx

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    671.1 KB · Views: 64
Slow to post, but here's my new MS I picked up at the Fremont factory last week.

70D, Premium Package with an all vegan interior, including the custom steering wheel.

This was yesterday, not long after getting Opticoat Pro Plus applied. Looks even better in person.

View media item 115205

Can you share where you got the opti coatapplied, how much it cost and whether you would do it again? That looks sweet and I the same color coming for factory pickup in a minute or so.

Reactions: vtvox and newtman
Well now that a few more of our cars have entered Production, here is something else we can all obsess over: download the tesla app and type in your credentials.

Mine currently says "No Vehicles linked to My Tesla Account". I now find myself opening this app like once an hour and refreshing it to see when my car shows up. That will be the official moment of its birth I suppose when it's electronic brain is tapped into the net!

For others who have already gotten delivery how long did it take for yours to show up on the app after production start?

When you take delivery the delivery person goes through some steps that transfer the car from Tesla's control to you. The last step is you need to log into MyTesla on their iPad and accept delivery. The App can then be activated. I tired right away and it wouldn't connect, but when I checked about 1/2 hour later it connected.

The new Tesla experience has been a little stressful on me. Something in the new car smell is triggering both our allergies. My SO has a scratchy throat and I've had a headache since about 1/2 of the way home. I found running the Biodefense mode helps cut down the smell in the car. I'm sure it will dissipate in a few weeks.

What's worse is my sensitivity to white LEDs. There is an increasing body of evidence that many people have some sensitivity to the high blue in white LEDs, but I'm more sensitive than most. The two test drives I took I didn't feel any eyestrain, but it hit me about 2/3 of the way home. I started feeling like something was trying to pull my eyes from my head. It didn't help the headache any.

I ordered some screen protectors that claim to block some of the blue from the screens. I hope it's enough. I paid for one day shipping on Amazon, so they should be here on Wednesday.

I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't get something that blocks enough of the blue. Even if I have to sell this car and get another one, I will end up just moving laterally because most new cars are going to have some kind of LED backlit screen. My SO suggested wearing the Blu Blocker glasses I have, but that isn't really an acceptable solution. They don't allow enough eye protection on sunny days and wearing the Blu Blockers and my sun glasses.