Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slow to post, but here's my new MS I picked up at the Fremont factory last week.

70D, Premium Package with an all vegan interior, including the custom steering wheel.

This was yesterday, not long after getting Opticoat Pro Plus applied. Looks even better in person.

View media item 115205

I've seen a couple of people refer to "vegan" interior. I'm curious if you got the premium interior package. I got the cloth seats and the Premium Package. They told me I was getting the leather trim and as far as I can tell it does.

When you take delivery the delivery person goes through some steps that transfer the car from Tesla's control to you. The last step is you need to log into MyTesla on their iPad and accept delivery. The App can then be activated. I tired right away and it wouldn't connect, but when I checked about 1/2 hour later it connected.

The new Tesla experience has been a little stressful on me. Something in the new car smell is triggering both our allergies. My SO has a scratchy throat and I've had a headache since about 1/2 of the way home. I found running the Biodefense mode helps cut down the smell in the car. I'm sure it will dissipate in a few weeks.

What's worse is my sensitivity to white LEDs. There is an increasing body of evidence that many people have some sensitivity to the high blue in white LEDs, but I'm more sensitive than most. The two test drives I took I didn't feel any eyestrain, but it hit me about 2/3 of the way home. I started feeling like something was trying to pull my eyes from my head. It didn't help the headache any.

I ordered some screen protectors that claim to block some of the blue from the screens. I hope it's enough. I paid for one day shipping on Amazon, so they should be here on Wednesday.

I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't get something that blocks enough of the blue. Even if I have to sell this car and get another one, I will end up just moving laterally because most new cars are going to have some kind of LED backlit screen. My SO suggested wearing the Blu Blocker glasses I have, but that isn't really an acceptable solution. They don't allow enough eye protection on sunny days and wearing the Blu Blockers and my sun glasses.

Did you find any difference in strain with the screen between day mode and night mode? The latter seems to be much less intense.

Did you find any difference in strain with the screen between day mode and night mode? The latter seems to be much less intense.

During the walk through I switched to night mode and turned the intensity down. It never helps, white LEDs are blue LEDs with a coating to make them white, but they still have a spike in the blue spectrum, even low intensity white LEDs trigger the strain. It makes images with white LED backlights more vibrant, but for people like me it's torture, no matter what the intensity setting.

I also can't focus on blue LEDs and they look much brighter to me than other people report. Any blue LEDs on any computer equipment or whatever around me have tape over the LEDs.

Last year I bought an EIZO monitor that claims to filter out the excess blue and it's the best monitor I've ever used. I have less eye strain with it than the CFL backlit monitors I've been using. Today when searching for screen protectors that filter out the blue I found a number of other monitor makers are now getting on the blue filter bandwagon, though I only scanned the pages because it wasn't what I was after at the moment.

Am I missing something? Vegan seats? Thought those were only available on the X?
Definitely available for the Model S as well! The heated steering wheel isn't compatible with the vegan interior- so you have to choose to have a heated leather steering wheel or a non heated vegan one. I liked the heated steering wheel best out of the sub-zero upgrade, so I declined this option once I knew I'd have to have a leather steering wheel for it to be heated.

One of the customer service people at my local Tesla center had to request the all vegan interior for me on the back end of my order. I believe that if you select the textile seats, but do not ask them to make it all vegan, the care would have come with some leather trim that would be there standard. The rep put the request in shortly after my order, but there is no vegan specification that shows up on my design page.

T
During the walk through I switched to night mode and turned the intensity down. It never helps, white LEDs are blue LEDs with a coating to make them white, but they still have a spike in the blue spectrum, even low intensity white LEDs trigger the strain. It makes images with white LED backlights more vibrant, but for people like me it's torture, no matter what the intensity setting.

I also can't focus on blue LEDs and they look much brighter to me than other people report. Any blue LEDs on any computer equipment or whatever around me have tape over the LEDs.

Last year I bought an EIZO monitor that claims to filter out the excess blue and it's the best monitor I've ever used. I have less eye strain with it than the CFL backlit monitors I've been using. Today when searching for screen protectors that filter out the blue I found a number of other monitor makers are now getting on the blue filter bandwagon, though I only scanned the pages because it wasn't what I was after at the moment.

There must be some contact lenses for this condition

Picked up today at Fremont. For those of you thinking of upgrading its a much tighter sportier ride and much quicker then my S85
Hey Larry, would you be able to post a few more pics? I also got the 90D titanium just like that one. Just went into production, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel there. Haven't seen one with the new front and all in Titanium... Thanks!

Reactions: Rhyder
I ordered May 3th, confirmed a week later. It went into production on May 25th and I am picking it up on Friday. Mine switched to transit on June 1st. I guess our cars took the trip together? Have you called your DS to get a delivery date?
Last time I contacted him was last Wednesday, and he said he estimates about 2 weeks for pickup. Just sent him another email. I'll keep you posted and thanks for your feedback!