Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There might be, but I didn't do well with contacts when I tried them many years ago. When I was researching yesterday I did come across a new technique for cataract surgery in which the new eye lens can be color corrected.

I took delivery in Portland yesterday. The Portland location has become a zoo and the delivery place has been moved to the back of an industrial park about 500 feet south. They have those sandwich boards up to guide people to the delivery location. We went to the service center first and had trouble finding a parking spot. There must have been 50 Teslas around there and two trucks unloading new ones. The delivery guy said they have a lot of cars in right now because a lot of 2013s are coming off lease and getting turned in right now so they need to get a lot of cars ready for resale. The lease program started in April 2013.

I wonder if Tesla got to pick the address of the service center, it's 16444 SW 72nd, and the battery pack on the 85/90 has 16 X 444 cells in it. It makes the address easy to remember, but the delivery center is now around 16350. We missed it the first time, but if you are coming north on 72nd, there is a red sandwich board on the curb with a Tesla logo on it. Turn into that driveway and look for more sandwich boards. They guide you around to the southern side of the industrial park in a little nondescript office space.

My car was stashed in a bay sort of like a storage locker next door. It was all very ad hoc, but they said Tesla right now is negotiating the lease on a much nicer location that is more of a storefront kind of place for deliveries. They indicated deliveries used to be at the Service Center, but they had to move. It looks like they are doing some of the delivery prep in yet another place in the industrial park where deliveries are done. When we left we saw a number of cars that looked new getting checked out in the same park. The cars just off the truck were at the service center though.

We were a little late because of the misdirection just thought I would FYI for anyone else who hasn't been there before. It would be a great place to go and Tesla watch. I saw a lot of Model Xs as well as a Roadster and a sig red Model S. That sig red color sure is a nice red and I don't usually like red.
Thanks for the info. I have only been to Washington square for my test drive so I will keep your directions in mind. I am hoping to narrow down a delivery date by the end of the week. Will it be more that that in production?

I took delivery of my 90D on Friday. Drove car for 15 minutes over to detailer for application of Opticoat Pro Plus and 3M film. I hated to leave it but wanted to get the film applied ASAP. They helped me get the front plate removed and did a great job with the coating and film application. Finally was able to bring it home today! Here are a couple of quick pics!
View media item 115211View media item 115212

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Are you teasing us @Flyingdoc ? Pics arent viewable.
I'll try again!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    538.9 KB · Views: 69
I took delivery of my 90D on Friday. Drove car for 15 minutes over to detailer for application of Opticoat Pro Plus and 3M film. I hated to leave it but wanted to get the film applied ASAP. They helped me get the front plate removed and did a great job with the coating and film application. Finally was able to bring it home today! Here are a couple of quick pics!
View media item 115211View media item 115212
How much did it cost to get this done? I think I'm just going to get the bumper done for 800. I would like to get the entire car done but I don't want to pay 5000 for the car when it's only a lease.

Wow .. you suggesting that even though they say "in production" the week they are on hold till later this week? Who said that? Thats disappointing.
Yea, I'd like to know how that was related and its accuracy as well. Personally, I think It's very hard or almost impossible to fully say what goes on in that factory. In any case it takes anywhere from 3 to 5 days for completion. So Wed or Thurs next week, you should know where you are by this coming Tuesday at the latest.
what a journey..!
Now I went on production yesterday 6/6, On Monday 6/13, I'll be reaching out to DS if I don't hear anything about transit or delivery windows. I would love to get some hard dates.

Spoke with my DS today. Last week he told me that my Model S was supposed to arrive at the East Coast Rail hub today, the 7th, with a 48-72 hour truck ride to the Service Center, but that doesn't seem to have been the case. He told me today that he expected it to arrive at the Service Center some time over the weekend and asked if a Friday (the 17th) delivery would be okay. I'm due for vacation on Friday, however, so we managed to push it to Thursday with the possibility of moving it forward a few days if the Model S arrives sooner than expected (fingers crossed). My delivery window was June 1st - June 15th, so we might overshoot it by a day.

Regarding my DS' service, I've had nothing but a great experience. His responsiveness has been excellent and he never fails to return emails within 6 hours. I email (pester) him once or twice a week and he always answers my stupid questions with no hint of intolerance. My experience at the Service Center mirrors his courtesy and respect. Much love for the Tysons Service Center!

Reactions: vtvox and Big-Al
Wow, didn't know this - and this type of info would be great to know. I will verify with my DS, but if you are correct this is a pretty significant 'omission' in the rather detailed "what to expect" myriad of emails I have received.
This is from the first email I received, 4 days after confirmation.

Process Overview: What to expect

Congratulations! My name is Whitney Smith and I will be helping you prepare for the delivery of your Model S. I am very excited for you. It looks like your Model S will be ready between early and mid-June. Please keep in mind that this window is tentative as manufacturing times can change. Your Model S pick-up will take place at our North Houston Service Center located at: 14820 North Freeway. Are there any travel plans around this time we will need to work around?

There are a couple of items to confirm that will help us prepare more efficiently:

1. Are you planning to finance or lease the vehicle?

2. Are you considering trading in a vehicle toward the Model S?

3. Are we registering the vehicle in just your name?

4. Due to regulations in the state of Texas, we must have full payment of the vehicle prior to shipping your Model S to Houston. Please confirm that you understand.

Thanks for the info. I have only been to Washington square for my test drive so I will keep your directions in mind. I am hoping to narrow down a delivery date by the end of the week. Will it be more that that in production?

The service center and delivery center is just off I-5 in Tigard. It takes them close to a week to prep the car after they get them off the truck. I found out from my DS that the car had arrived last Tuesday and we had a few e-mails back and forth to set the time and date for pick-up.

I assume you will be coming from the north. The routing sites and navigation systems will tell you to go down I-205 and then cut over to I-5 via I-84. That is the shortest route by mileage, but going down I-205 all the way to I-5 and then doubling back a couple of exits is a lot faster except when traffic is very light. It only adds a couple of miles.

Would you believe I was told that this week cars only get inputted on Wednesday and Thursday?

I think I just need to take a vacation until someone tells me to fork over the final payment and come to the factory…. :D

I got the notice my car went into production on a Monday evening about 10 PM.

My P90DL (Silver, all options except rear seats) went into production this morning! VIN 144xxx. Expected in a couple of weeks, unless there are any unexpected production or transportation delays. They ship by truck to Colorado, and my wife's X took 20 days from start of production to delivery.

I hope others waiting to start production get the good news soon!

Reactions: vtvox and Mailtrey