Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went to the website, and there are waaaay more locations participating than the email eluded to.

Also didn't know it was on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm planning on going to the Fashion Island meet on Sunday, June 12.

I may try and go to the Mission Viejo social on Sunday. I will actually have my car! I pick it up tomorrow morning :):):)

I took delivery of my 90D on Friday. Drove car for 15 minutes over to detailer for application of Opticoat Pro Plus and 3M film. I hated to leave it but wanted to get the film applied ASAP. They helped me get the front plate removed and did a great job with the coating and film application. Finally was able to bring it home today! Here are a couple of quick pics!
View media item 115211View media item 115212

where did u get ur car delivered? where did u get it opti coated?

Spoke with my DS today. Last week he told me that my Model S was supposed to arrive at the East Coast Rail hub today, the 7th, with a 48-72 hour truck ride to the Service Center, but that doesn't seem to have been the case. He told me today that he expected it to arrive at the Service Center some time over the weekend and asked if a Friday (the 17th) delivery would be okay. I'm due for vacation on Friday, however, so we managed to push it to Thursday with the possibility of moving it forward a few days if the Model S arrives sooner than expected (fingers crossed). My delivery window was June 1st - June 15th, so we might overshoot it by a day.

Regarding my DS' service, I've had nothing but a great experience. His responsiveness has been excellent and he never fails to return emails within 6 hours. I email (pester) him once or twice a week and he always answers my stupid questions with no hint of intolerance. My experience at the Service Center mirrors his courtesy and respect. Much love for the Tysons Service Center!

Glad things are moving along for you. My DS tells me to expect delivery during the week of June 20th. My window is 10 - 24 June.

I confirmed my S70 on 4/27. At the time of ordering, the estimate on the website was Late May to June. During the "waiting", I've seen it shift to Late June to July. Overall, the lack of detailed information about the progress of the car was concerning. I'm usually the person "behind the curtain" and not know what was going on was frustrating to say the least. I'm sure if I was given detailed information on the status of the car, delay or no delay, I would've had a much happier experience. (E.g. Your car is currently waiting for parts to arrive, Your car is delayed 1 week due to factory refit for the Refresh, Your car is delayed 1-2 days due to stoppage on the assembly line, etc.) In the aggregate, I would say that the timing was accurate. (Though n=1, so I guess I can't say for sure.) I'm picking my car up on Thursday. The worst thing was the waiting. I'm sure once I start driving my car around, I'll forget all the pain of waiting and just enjoy the car.

Overall, if I actually end up driving the car away on Thursday, confirmation to delivery would have been 43 agonizing, information-less days.

S70 Titanium Metallic Pano Premium Interiors VA Delivery

Interesting. I was confirmed on 4/28 and was told to expect by my DS to expect delivery during the week of June 20th.. Great news nonetheless!

Reactions: Mailtrey
This is from the first email I received, 4 days after confirmation.

Process Overview: What to expect

4. Due to regulations in the state of Texas, we must have full payment of the vehicle prior to shipping your Model S to Houston. Please confirm that you understand.

--------
Interesting the differences - my language was not a clear, see 'payments' below

Hello Floyd,

Process Overview: What to expect

Congratulations! My name is April Christia and I will be helping you prepare for the delivery of your Model S. I am very excited for you!

Your estimated delivery window is June - Early July . This may vary with production.

Your Model S pick-up will take place at ourNorth Houston Service Center located at: 14820 North Freeway.

Payments

Due to regulations in the state of Texas, we do not accept direct payment for the vehicle. Once your final MVPA is created payment can be made via ACH (echeck) or wired funds, which we will supply directions on.

I have attached the specs for the outlet you will want to have installed prior to your delivery. Any local electrician can install this outlet, but it is important it be hooked up with a dedicated 50A circuit. If you would like an electrician recommendation, please navigate to ourFind an Electricianpage.

I'm a little disappointed in my delivery experience. They had to truck it to me for tax reasons.
No schwag at all. The driver asked if there was a gift bag inside, I said "no". He said he would mention it to them. I will never see so much as a coffee mug I guarantee.
I asked that they install the iPhone connector for me. They didn't.
Even though the car was on the lot from Friday till Tuesday it still showed up badged and ranged as a 70D even though I paid for the upgrade. Even after a day of ownership it is still range limited as a 70D.
I didn't even get a zero emissions front plate.
I saw the previous picture of the onslaught of cars at the Dedham store but still. Come on guys.
This isn't their fault but My Tesla app still doesn't work. That should work when you buy the car, not some promised anywhere from a few hours to days.

--------
Interesting the differences - my language was not a clear, see 'payments' below

Payments

Due to regulations in the state of Texas, we do not accept direct payment for the vehicle. Once your final MVPA is created payment can be made via ACH (echeck) or wired funds, which we will supply directions on.
That is a big difference! I know that a bunch of us have Whitney as our DS. Because I already knew the direct sales problem we have in Texas, I wasn't surprised about the prepay--title has to exchange in California. But it would be a shock if you learned on shipping day. Hope you can get confirmation.

I'm a little disappointed in my delivery experience.
That's a bummer after such a long wait- so sorry to hear it. Also disappointing that they are offering (and charging for) the 75D upgrade but have clearly not added it to the production process. Part of the reason I paid for the upgrade (and changed my order) before production was so that the badging would be done at the factory. Clearly not a priority for them at this stage. If I had known this was a dealer upgrade, I might have held off. Disappointing to hear. Hope they make it right for you asap.

That is a big difference! I know that a bunch of us have Whitney as our DS. Because I already knew the direct sales problem we have in Texas, I wasn't surprised about the prepay--title has to exchange in California. But it would be a shock if you learned on shipping day. Hope you can get confirmation.

So does that mean we will have to carry the insurance while the car is being transported? And if there's an accident during transport that's on our insurance? I suppose I can ask Whitney when the time comes. I guess we can consider ourselves lucky that we can even buy Teslas in Texas. Being the "oil state" I guess it's understandable, but it is also a state that encourages capitalism and free market. Interesting dichotomy....

So does that mean we will have to carry the insurance while the car is being transported? And if there's an accident during transport that's on our insurance? I suppose I can ask Whitney when the time comes. I guess we can consider ourselves lucky that we can even buy Teslas in Texas. Being the "oil state" I guess it's understandable, but it is also a state that encourages capitalism and free market. Interesting dichotomy....
I have been wondering that as well. That being said, I'm 99.9% sure the title is in the buyer's name when it leaves California. We may not have to have insurance until we take possession--definitely a Whitney question. It also has to do with paying the inventory tax on cars (they don't do it based on the number of cars owned by the "dealership" but on a percentage of the sales price per month. Since Tesla isn't a dealer, there's also a problem with the property tax.

There might be, but I didn't do well with contacts when I tried them many years ago. When I was researching yesterday I did come across a new technique for cataract surgery in which the new eye lens can be color corrected.

I took delivery in Portland yesterday. The Portland location has become a zoo and the delivery place has been moved to the back of an industrial park about 500 feet south. They have those sandwich boards up to guide people to the delivery location. We went to the service center first and had trouble finding a parking spot. There must have been 50 Teslas around there and two trucks unloading new ones. The delivery guy said they have a lot of cars in right now because a lot of 2013s are coming off lease and getting turned in right now so they need to get a lot of cars ready for resale. The lease program started in April 2013.

I wonder if Tesla got to pick the address of the service center, it's 16444 SW 72nd, and the battery pack on the 85/90 has 16 X 444 cells in it. It makes the address easy to remember, but the delivery center is now around 16350. We missed it the first time, but if you are coming north on 72nd, there is a red sandwich board on the curb with a Tesla logo on it. Turn into that driveway and look for more sandwich boards. They guide you around to the southern side of the industrial park in a little nondescript office space.

My car was stashed in a bay sort of like a storage locker next door. It was all very ad hoc, but they said Tesla right now is negotiating the lease on a much nicer location that is more of a storefront kind of place for deliveries. They indicated deliveries used to be at the Service Center, but they had to move. It looks like they are doing some of the delivery prep in yet another place in the industrial park where deliveries are done. When we left we saw a number of cars that looked new getting checked out in the same park. The cars just off the truck were at the service center though.

We were a little late because of the misdirection just thought I would FYI for anyone else who hasn't been there before. It would be a great place to go and Tesla watch. I saw a lot of Model Xs as well as a Roadster and a sig red Model S. That sig red color sure is a nice red and I don't usually like red.

I live here in Portland and I'm expecting a MS 70D soon. It just went into production on 6/6. I have a couple of questions for you.... How long after the car went into production did you receive the vehicle? How long did it take for them to truck it up her? And, how long was it at the facility before you could pick it up?
Thank you