Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know ... it's actually a little funny in Colorado, it's direct sale, but Tesla can only have ONE showroom in the entire state, and can't (for now) open additional ones. The auto dealer lobby flexing here, no doubt.

I'm sure it's a headache to be the guy who has to keep track of the laws in each jurisdiction. Oregon and Washington have some odd laws that got passed because of Tesla. Oregon can only have one store and while Tesla is pretty much unlimited in Washington, for some reason nobody else can sell cars directly in the state.

I finally received another email from my DS to tell me he is moving on and to introduce me to my new DS, Alex....

Alex was my DS. He didn't always reply immediately, but usually within 24 hours. I suspect he has a large load of deliveries to handle. For the delivery itself he handed me off to another guy who I suspect is a newer employee, Kyle. Kyle was pretty good, very knowledgeable and helpful. I suspect he reads the forums quite a bit.

OK, six days after my 75D was ready for pickup, two days after it was delivered to me, I still am software limited to 70 kWh.
Even more frustrating I looked at my window sticker and it shows a 75D.
So why couldn't they badge it in Fremont and turn on the extra cells.
And the frustrating part is you can't talk to anybody about it. People at the delivery center just kick the can down the road with some excuse for why it hasn't happened yet.
I am very dismayed that they gladly took my $3000 and didn't deliver the goods.

OK, six days after my 75D was ready for pickup, two days after it was delivered to me, I still am software limited to 70 kWh.
And the frustrating part is you can't talk to anybody about it. People at the delivery center just kick the can down the road with some excuse for why it hasn't happened yet.
Based on your post yesterday I emailed my DS to let him know that several people have reported this issue on delivery. He responded within the hour (I got lucky - he's a very responsive DS) and gave me what I'm sure is the party line, "They are working to implement the change at the factory as quickly as possible for cars that were originally ordered as 70kwh batteries. Given that your change to the 75 kwh was already submitted, we will see that the car is enabled for 75kwh before your delivery."

We'll what happens. Strangely, I received a random "your order has been modified" email from Tesla later yesterday with an updated order agreement listing the car as a 75D instead of 70D (75D announced two weeks after I confirmed). No idea if this is coincidence but time will tell.

Other than the (justifiable) battery frustration, how's the car??

That's really not acceptable. Tesla pushed my 75 upgrade OTA within 3 hours of delivery from Fremont although I'm still waiting for the correct badging. Did you receive the delivery survey yet ?

My Tesla updated the delivery window yesterday to June 11 - June 24 and this morning it updated again:

Your estimated delivery window is June 11, 2016 - June 18, 2016.

Seven anxious weeks after my order, suddenly, I'm strangely nervous. Am I ready???

Clean the garage within an inch of it's life: check
HPWC: check
Scour internet for every shred of Tesla info: check
Purchase accessories for a car I don't even have yet: check
Refresh My Tesla 327 times: check

Okay, I think I'm ready!

My Tesla updated the delivery window yesterday to June 11 - June 24 and this morning it updated again:

Your estimated delivery window is June 11, 2016 - June 18, 2016.

Seven anxious weeks after my order, suddenly, I'm strangely nervous. Am I ready???

Clean the garage within an inch of it's life: check
HPWC: check
Scour internet for every shred of Tesla info: check
Purchase accessories for a car I don't even have yet: check
Refresh My Tesla 327 times: check

Okay, I think I'm ready!

I am taking a delivery by end of the month. Any advice on accessories for the car and any suggestions for the sites for more info on tesla. Thanks!

Based on your post yesterday I emailed my DS to let him know that several people have reported this issue on delivery. He responded within the hour (I got lucky - he's a very responsive DS) and gave me what I'm sure is the party line, "They are working to implement the change at the factory as quickly as possible for cars that were originally ordered as 70kwh batteries. Given that your change to the 75 kwh was already submitted, we will see that the car is enabled for 75kwh before your delivery."

We'll what happens. Strangely, I received a random "your order has been modified" email from Tesla later yesterday with an updated order agreement listing the car as a 75D instead of 70D (75D announced two weeks after I confirmed). No idea if this is coincidence but time will tell.

Other than the (justifiable) battery frustration, how's the car??

I also got that confirmation email.
It is amazing that the window sticker says 75D but they didn't flick the switch.
I just got off the phone with DS and said you need to escalate this, we are planning a drive down to NYC this weekend and I paid $3000 for an extra cushion. I expect after 48 hours for it to be available. He agreed. I know it isn't his fault so I asked him to elevate it.
The car is great. I haven't done a lot of driving yet, less than 100 miles.
We are retired so we don't go out everyday. I am planning a trip to run errands today and looking very forward to it.
Autopilot is still scary. I tried it on a undivided highway and it did great but when I saw a slight curve and cars were coming I took over.
Very relaxing on an Interstate though.
My Tesla app finally started working last night. It was the first time my car showed Delivered on My Tesla website.
The check got to them from Alliant yesterday afternoon, maybe that is what they were waiting on.

Reactions: AxelF
I placed an order for a Model S 70D on 5/6 and had it confirmed on 5/13. My specs:

VIN: 5YJSA1E21GF1438XX
Solid Black Exterior
Pano Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Textile Black Seats
Dark Ash Wood Interior
Black Alcantara Headliner
Autopilot
Premium Upgrades
Subzero Package

My DS is saying it should enter production first week of June and arrive in Chicago (Highland Park) around June 20. Starting the countdown...

Logged in to My Tesla this morning to see that my car is in transit with an updated window of June 14 - June 28. Going to send off an e-mail to my DS to see what details I can fish out!

I am taking a delivery by end of the month. Any advice on accessories for the car and any suggestions for the sites for more info on tesla. Thanks!

Accessories discussed in detail here: What To Buy For My New Model S

Seems the most popular things are
- Paint protection
- trunk organizer
- replacement floor mats
- Charger cable management

There are specific recommendations for all those things in abundance on that thread and in many others

Confirmed. That's crazy. I'm trying to back into the math based on incomplete data, but has the effective cost of the 75D gone up as well? I have a 70D coming which means the badge is obsolete before it even rolls of the factory floor (though I can upgrade to the 75D)
My S70 is on the production line and it's already a classic lol

Last edited:
my latest math is that the effective cost of the 75D has actually gone down by 1,500. Would love someone with a full data set that can validate. If that's the case, seems the right thing to do would be to allow the 70D owner to upgrade to 75D for 15K or to do it as a complimentary service. I would sign up for that under either scenario.