Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my latest math is that the effective cost of the 75D has actually gone down by 1,500. Would love someone with a full data set that can validate. If that's the case, seems the right thing to do would be to allow the 70D owner to upgrade to 75D for 15K or to do it as a complimentary service. I would sign up for that under either scenario.

The base price of the 70D before today was $76,500 and the 70 was $71,500. The new prices are $66,000 and $71,000. So they lowered the price $5500 for the base car and upped the option by $5500, so it's a push. Maybe they are trying to make the base car more affordable for prospective Model 3 owners who are trying to stretch to a Model S now?

• Informative
Reactions: vtvox and newtman
Did your car get assigned a vin already? I called and they wouldn't switch mine cause I'm in the production que.

Yes, I confirmed my order and was assigned a VIN on 6/3. My vehicle was also in the production queue. When I called my DS he told me it couldn't be done without losing my deposit. However, I work a couple of miles from the Tesla store. I visited the store today and spoke with the manager. She said it probably wouldn't be able to be done, but she still sent an email to her boss asking for the change. She emailed me about an hour later saying that it was approved and that I should see it reflected in my MY TESLA account shortly.

Hopefully i'll see the change.

Reactions: Tech_Guy
So, I got to meet my DS, Whitney when I dropped off my trade in a few minutes ago. She sent me home via Uber and emailed me the trade-in documents.

We talked about production and transit times. She said the conservative estimates are 7-10 days for production and delivery and stated they are taking less time right now for production. But she also just emailed me to let me know that my MS is in the "End of Line" inspection phase (even though the MyTesla page still says "In production"--so the DS obviously has more info) and she anticipates it will be ready to ship soon.

As far as payment for those of us in non-direct sale states, as long as they know the ball is rolling with regard to the funding as its being shipped, they'll let it go as long as they get payment while its in transit. It's really up to the DS (of course, if no financing is involved, it's probably not a big deal).

Last edited:
Picked up my S70 today. It was exciting driving it around running errands. Obligatory picture below. Confirmation to delivery was 43 days.

Delivery tips (mileage may vary):
1. Ask them to remove the car info sticker on the window. A guy from the service center had a razor blade and a cleaner handy. The tape leaves the most disgusting residue if you don't have either.
2. If you need to use any EZPass roads to get home, bring your EZPass online account info. I logged on right after delivery to add my new car. This way I don't have to fidget with the EZPass at the paytoll. I can just roll through and have them do the courtesy plate lookup. Now that the car's home, I'll figure out an inconspicuous place to mount the transponder.
3. If you're like me, driving ICE cars for years, and feeling awkward without the slight creep and with the heavy braking of regen. Turn one on first, get used to it, then turn the other one on too. I'm trying to get used to regen first, then I'll turn creep off.
4. DO NOT use summon yet. The delivery demo guy was showing summon on my new car, felt confident that it would work, stood in front of the car and it kept going, before he hit the manual stop on the fob. Apparently, the car needs to "calibrate". "Don't use summon until you hit a few hundred miles."

13428569_10153672810132957_4401142716527689777_n.jpg

Picked up my S70 today. It was exciting driving it around running errands. Obligatory picture below. Confirmation to delivery was 43 days.

Delivery tips (mileage may vary):
1. Ask them to remove the car info sticker on the window. A guy from the service center had a razor blade and a cleaner handy. The tape leaves the most disgusting residue if you don't have either.
2. If you need to use any EZPass roads to get home, bring your EZPass online account info. I logged on right after delivery to add my new car. This way I don't have to fidget with the EZPass at the paytoll. I can just roll through and have them do the courtesy plate lookup. Now that the car's home, I'll figure out an inconspicuous place to mount the transponder.
3. If you're like me, driving ICE cars for years, and feeling awkward without the slight creep and with the heavy braking of regen. Turn one on first, get used to it, then turn the other one on too. I'm trying to get used to regen first, then I'll turn creep off.
4. DO NOT use summon yet. The delivery demo guy was showing summon my new car, felt confident that it would work, stood in front of the car and it kept going, before he hit the manual stop on the fob. Apparently, the car needs to "calibrate". "Don't use summon until you hit a few hundred miles."

View attachment 180187

Does your center console have hidden rear cup holders? Someone in another thread finally got the rear cup holders that were rumored but he had ordered the console after delivery. They would be below the vents in rear.

So, I got to meet my DS, Whitney when I dropped off my trade in a few minutes ago. She sent me home via Uber and emailed me the trade-in documents.

We talked about production and transit times. She said the conservative estimates are 7-10 days for production and delivery and stated they are taking less time right now for production. But she also just emailed me to let me know that my MS is in the "End of Line" inspection phase (even though the MyTesla page still says "In production"--so the DS obviously has more info) and she anticipates it will be ready to ship soon.

As far as payment for those of us in non-direct sale states, as long as they know the ball is rolling with regard to the funding as its being shipped, they'll let it go as long as they get payment while its in transit. It's really up to the DS (of course, if no financing is involved, it's probably not a big deal).

Our cars will definitely be traveling together! I am wondering about the statuses of gassole and middleseat? As they will probably be on the truck as well.

Thank you for the info...very helpful!