Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So she is getting her tint now at Signature Glass Tinting in Costa Mesa. Just a few miles down from the Delivery Center. Winco now has a 10 for the back, the 20 for the sides and llumar air80 on the windshield to protect that beautiful black premium interior. These guys have our Teslas down to a science. Thanks DoubleE for the info. David takes great care of us.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    635 KB · Views: 116
Thanks. I got a call from my DS saying that The car would arrive by This weekend and I can pick it up Friday. They must be very busy that they have to wait almost a week to PDI the cars.

When you get there to pick up the car, look around, you will likely see Model S and X everywhere. It's like they are stuffing them into every corner. It reminded me of going to the Boeing Everett plant when the FAA had decertified the navigation computer and grounded all 747-400s pending an updated unit. Boeing kept cranking out the planes, they just couldn't fly them. They had 747s crammed into every space they could find around the plant and adjoining Paine Field. (The problem was resolved about a week later and they were able to install the update and get the planes out of there.)

I think I saw about 20-25 cars with the transport paper still on them.

I saw that article about the new location and bike path. Good for Tesla, other developers have not shown as much good will toward fixing up the bike path. One specific developer fought tooth and nail to avoid spending any money on waterfront clean up and development until the city had to take care of it. Makes me feel proud to own a vehicle from a company that cares enough about local issues to give a few bucks. Also, I'm sure it's good advertising for them too.

My SO thought it would be a good idea for Tesla to create a little stop along the bike path with a water fountain and maybe a bench. If bike riders stopped for a bit, they might be inclined to take a moment and drop in at the Tesla store.

Reactions: ICE FREE
So she is getting her tint now at Signature Glass Tinting in Costa Mesa. Just a few miles down from the Delivery Center. Winco now has a 10 for the back, the 20 for the sides and llumar air80 on the windshield to protect that beautiful black premium interior. These guys have our Teslas down to a science. Thanks DoubleE for the info. David takes great care of us.

That is looking great! I think that I will head down there as well.

Might be good to update some of the sheets (the apr-jun one at least) to have the calculations add up again - lower entries don't have the days calculation filled out (and it's write protected)
For my own info, I copied the original spreadsheet (Apr-May-June), added formulas, and have been updating it as dates come up. I have copied a read only of that spreadsheet (COPY w/formulas 2016 Apr/May/Jun Vehicles) at the very end of all the spreadsheets of the current Model S Order and Delivery document. I have it sorted by Production Start date and then VIN. Hope this helps. Model S Order & Delivery 2016

Last edited:
So all facelift deliveries so far gets a no rear cupholders?

I think the one person who claimed to later admitted he modified the car to add them.

I didn't post any pictures yet. I had to reduce what I had down to a reasonable size before posting. There were requests for the cat with the car, but he hasn't cooperated. I did put in a couple of shots of the cat doing two of his favorite activities these days.

Cat_SleepSm.jpg
Cat_YogurtSm.jpg
Delivery_FrontSm.jpg
Home_3_4Sm.jpg
Home_Rear_QuarterSm.jpg
Home_RightSideSm.jpg