Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We did delivery at the Tesla Factory in Fremont this morning, as well as going on the factory tour. We followed up this evening with a drive up to the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands to give it a spin. I'm absolutely blown away by everything. The factory is amazing, I felt like I was in a Willy Wonka movie, and the car is better than we imagined in every way.
13403335_10157031649285305_1401919597110623424_o.jpg
13465998_10103987758471884_8975250606326239446_n.jpg
13418925_10103985795226244_2741656393766415517_n.jpg
13450048_10103985795216264_4413603465165505513_n.jpg

Got mine today.

4/27 - Confirmed
6/1 - Start of production
6/8 - Production complete
6/14 - Delivery

0614161002.jpg

Every thing looks good except, I am finding that the phone charging dock for my LG G4 is useless.
Especially with the cover it does not fit in the cradle. If I remove the cover it fits in but the usb connector is misaligned.

Good luck to all of you guys (& gals) !

Got mine today.

4/27 - Confirmed
6/1 - Start of production
6/8 - Production complete
6/14 - Delivery

Every thing looks good except, I am finding that the phone charging dock for my LG G4 is useless.
Especially with the cover it does not fit in the cradle. If I remove the cover it fits in but the usb connector is misaligned.

Good luck to all of you guys (& gals) !

I have the same problem with my iPhone case and the charging cradle. I found a connector extender on Amazon for just that situation. I should have it tomorrow.

From the delivery pictures, it looks like various delivery centers put more effort into it than they do in Portland. The car was parked in a space the looked like a storage locker with rather dim lighting. I'm sure once they get their new space in Portland renovated and get moved in there it will be much nicer, but the current delivery area is an after thought.

We did delivery at the Tesla Factory in Fremont this morning, as well as going on the factory tour. We followed up this evening with a drive up to the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands to give it a spin. I'm absolutely blown away by everything. The factory is amazing, I felt like I was in a Willy Wonka movie, and the car is better than we imagined in every way.
View attachment 180906 View attachment 180907 View attachment 180908 View attachment 180909

Is that a blindspot as there seems to be a failure to detect that car on your right? (from your dashboard picture)

My DS responded to my query last night at 12am! Here's what she said:

Your Model S did arrive! It will be going through the pre-delivery inspection sometime tomorrow! Once it is complete, I will let you know!

So excited...can't believe the day is almost here. My 2 older boys are at scout camp for the week and the 3rd is at an all day camp until Friday so delivery tomorrow or Friday would be perfection!! Keeping my fingers crossed that the car came off the line with no major fixes!!

Last edited:

Your Model S did arrive! It will be going through the pre-delivery inspection sometime tomorrow! Once it is complete, I will let you know!

So excited...can't believe the day is almost here. My 2 older boys are at scout camp for the week and the 3rd is at an all day camp until Friday so delivery tomorrow or Friday would be perfection!! Keeping my fingers crossed that the car came off the line with no major fixes!!

Keep us posted! I'm looking forward to hearing about your delivery experience. I find that Whitney's time estimates are pretty accurate.

Is that a blindspot as there seems to be a failure to detect that car on your right? (from your dashboard picture)

The Tesla blind spot alert system is literally a blind spot alert. It won't alert to cars that you can see in your visual range. However, if you attempt to veer dangerously close to them, you will see yellow, orange, and red side alerts on both the front and the rear, and the car might even jerk the steering wheel in the opposite direction or start yelling at you in the instrument cluster.

(PSA: Try that with a friend / family member. Traffic probably won't appreciate a giant luxury sedan trying to get super close to them)

Ok. It's really getting real. My MyTesla page is now asking for payment. Guess that means it's getting ready to be shipped!

Yes! I got that email the first day of transit! So your baby is on its way! Congratulations!

I haven't paid the amount yet, as I read a post from someone whose car was held up 10 weeks after payment was made due to unforeseeable circumstances (it sounded like there were some major problems with car). Therefore, I am waiting to pay until I hear from DS at the end of today as to whether my car passed inspection ;)

Yes! I got that email the first day of transit! So your baby is on its way! Congratulations!

I haven't paid the amount yet, as I read a post from someone whose car was held up 10 weeks after payment was made due to unforeseeable circumstances (it sounded like there were some major problems with car). Therefore, I am waiting to pay until I hear from DS at the end of today as to whether my car passed inspection ;)
Good advice!

Reactions: Mailtrey

My car is in PDI today and I pickup tomorrow.
After 4 nights of no sleep, I'll be sleeping deep with a tesla grin tonight!