Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People have reported the 21s only getting about 15,000 miles of life and the tires aren't cheap. 21s are also more susceptible to road damage. Personally I would have gone for 17s if they were an option. I think the 19s are too low profile.

It's been debated a lot here. Basically it boils down to many people think the 21s look cooler and they give you slightly better cornering performance on dry pavement, but they are worse in wet conditions. 21s are also less efficient.

With the weather here in the Northwest you would need both 19s and 21s if you wanted decent traction in wet weather and you'd only be able to use the 21s about 3-4 months out of the year.

Thanks a lot for summarizing.. I have convinced myself to love how the 19" slipstreams look and stopped looking at the pictures over again at the design studio. Now focusing on the Range aspects..

Reactions: NikeWings
Question for the Houston peeps.

Where are you guys going for tint? Ted over at EVS seems like a good place, but I also have a quote at Executive motorsports that is competitive. Good Yelp ratings for both.

I got my tinting done on Saturday, the day I picked up the car. I went to Executive Motorsports at 3pm...not a good time to go. I was originally told it would take about 2 hours. When I got there, I was told it was busy and it would take more like 2.5 to 3 hours. I was there for 3.5 hrs. I thought when I made the appt ahead of time that it was sufficient to be guaranteed the indicated time, but they overbook. Just keep that in mind.

I got the 3M Crystalline 70 on the windshield ($259) and the Huper Optik Ceramic 30 ($399) on all the other windows. I was a little concerned it might be too dark, but I really like it. There's a lifetime guarantee so I can live with that.

In driving home, I found that clean up wasn't up to my expectations. There was dried up water drippings all over the doors and dash, as well as outside the car from the application. Granted, the end of the day isn't the time to go, as I was one of the last waiting, but I still expect my car to look similar to what it did when I brought it in, especially when I just picked it up that day.

Hope this helps with your decision making.

• Informative
Reactions: Mailtrey
I got my tinting done on Saturday, the day I picked up the car. I went to Executive Motorsports at 3pm...not a good time to go. I was originally told it would take about 2 hours. When I got there, I was told it was busy and it would take more like 2.5 to 3 hours. I was there for 3.5 hrs. I thought when I made the appt ahead of time that it was sufficient to be guaranteed the indicated time, but they overbook. Just keep that in mind.
I'm sure you're enjoying zipping around in your new car, LAN1017!

Very cool that you were able to get it back the same day after the tinting. Did you notice additional heat rejection? Of course, it was much hotter on Saturday morning than Saturday evening. Sounds like you drove almost straight over to Executive Motorsports after getting your car!

Since I'm going to get a wrap, I was advised to be read to leave it for a week (although if they get done early, they'll let me know) for all the work.

But thanks for confirming you didn't think it was too dark.

I'm struggling with how dark to go for the driver's side window and the front passenger side window since I believe they have to allow 75% of all light to pass through? I was planning on 35 or 45 for the sides and windows . . . not sure. I am "slightly" concerned about complying with the Texas tint laws. :eek:

Reactions: LAN1017

I got the 3M Crystalline 70 on the windshield ($259) and the Huper Optik Ceramic 30 ($399) on all the other windows. I was a little concerned it might be too dark, but I really like it. There's a lifetime guarantee so I can live with that.

In driving home, I found that clean up wasn't up to my expectations. There was dried up water drippings all over the doors and dash, as well as outside the car from the application. Granted, the end of the day isn't the time to go, as I was one of the last waiting, but I still expect my car to look similar to what it did when I brought it in, especially when I just picked it up that day.

Hope this helps with your decision making.

Thanks LAN1017.

I think your experience seals the deal for me going to EVS!

Reactions: LAN1017