Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea what the current timeline is to delivery upon confirmation?

That varies dramatically. It was almost exactly 5 weeks for me (early May to early June). The shortest I've heard of is 3 weeks.

Finally posting some pictures from our delivery yesterday at Fremont. The tour was amazing - really showed you how much work and detail they put into all their cars.

We didn't find too many issues after inspecting the car. We just found a couple of dirty spots on the headliner (there was a red arrow sticker pointing to a dirty spot but apparently no one cleaned it) and we also noticed that one of the screws in the frunk was screwed in tight but was only screwed in half way. We will have to go to a SC to get these things fixed.

Other than that, the ride home in traffic was fantastic (never thought I would say that)! The drive feels like I am gliding above the road. This is truly the most amazing car ever!

View attachment 182415View attachment 182417 View attachment 182418

Are they delivering cars in a tent in the Bay Area now? It looks like there were a lot of cars there.

Finally posting some pictures from our delivery yesterday at Fremont. The tour was amazing - really showed you how much work and detail they put into all their cars.

We didn't find too many issues after inspecting the car. We just found a couple of dirty spots on the headliner (there was a red arrow sticker pointing to a dirty spot but apparently no one cleaned it) and we also noticed that one of the screws in the frunk was screwed in tight but was only screwed in half way. We will have to go to a SC to get these things fixed.

Other than that, the ride home in traffic was fantastic (never thought I would say that)! The drive feels like I am gliding above the road. This is truly the most amazing car ever!

Beautiful car!

I am also getting Midnight Silver but 21" silver and black headliner

Delivery date confirmed for June 28 in Hong Kong!

Reactions: Mailtrey
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN, FYI. you will NEVER stop talking about it.
Exactly! I'm sure my husband thought once I got the car I'd stop talking about it do much, but nope! After a week of driving it, I'm still yakking.

On another note, my husband had a meeting in town yesterday and asked to borrow the car so I know he loves it as well. My separation anxiety was a little heightened during the excursion though ;)

Congrats!!

Exactly! I'm sure my husband thought once I got the car I'd stop talking about it do much, but nope! After a week of driving it, I'm still yakking.

On another note, my husband had a meeting in town yesterday and asked to borrow the car so I know he loves it as well. My separation anxiety was a little heightened during the excursion though ;)

^^^^^ LOL! I haven't been able to let go of the steering wheel since I picked up mine on Wednesday. I gave serious consideration of sleeping in it the first night, but the distance from the garage to the bathroom made me reconsider...

I didn't get that link until my car was in transit. Congrats!
Interesting, so last that my tesla page has been the same and this morning around 2am I checked it and it said it was in production, email came in at 4am. But the page says I'm still scheduled for a late June - July delivery even though I have an appointment next week. I think it's been in production but they are slammed.

Last edited:
is it fun to pick up from the factory? as in the tour and stuff like that? anyone not local go to the fremont factory and drive all the way back?

My guess is that the delivery process is worse at the factory. They are pumping things out so quickly that they aren't caring for things they way they should (or others from other locations talk about). My car, for example, was filthy for a new car with 5 miles on it.

What does your dates estimates look, mine went from a previous 2 week period to a later one? How accurate is it?
I had the "late June, early July" message during production queue status, then changed to "June 24--July 11" during production. After completion, it changed to "June 27--July 4" and my DS called and scheduled pickup for the June 29. I'm sure a big part of the end of June push was for Tesla quarterly delivery numbers, but I'm happy to be a part of that.