Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Date just locked in on 7/14-7/21...and DS is calling to make arrangements (my guys have been good). Looks like Wed but I think it landed a bit earlier, so maybe it moves up.

Happily drove a buddy's 85D to lunch today. Second-guessed my black interior choice again (his is gray and is really nice) and fiddled with just about every setting in the car.

Reactions: ploon94
Ordered 6/24
Confirmed July 1st

So yesterday I receive an email at 2:29 P.M. from Tesla rep. saying "Do you have time this afternoon to talk about the trade-in and discuss steps moving forward" . I saw the email about 45 minutes later, 3:15 and emailed back that I am available anytime. After an hour and no phone call , I called him and was told he is out to lunch :) and he will call when he gets back. NO call yesterday. Today, emailed and called (out again) advised he would get the msg. saying I am available. It's now 5:00 P.M. and NO call! I am not angry ..........yet, but you called me! I would be annoyed having to play this game with any business, contractor etc.....
Add to this that I check My Tesla every day and any news on my Model S gets me excited :)

I would not have heard anything originally about my trade-in value but went to the local Tesla store on 6/28th which is when I was advised of the trade-in offer. (NO calls from Tesla) I sent it back for a better offer and was waiting to hear until being contacted yesterday. WTH! Just call me back. I advised his co-worker that I would make sure to have my phone on me.

TaTaTda (horn sound announcing...) I just placed my order for a Model S 60. Weeks of hand wringing now at closure.

Time to start the log:
Ordered = 7/11/16
Confirmed = 7/?
Entered Production = 8/?
Exit Production = 8/ ?+ 7 days
In Transit = 8/7 + 14 days
At Service Center = Sept 1 ?
Commissioning date = Sept + 14 days?
First night home = My Birthday mid Sept????

Multi-coat Arrest-me Red MS60
19" wheels, standard fins
Metal (aluminum) roof = not pano
Autopilot 1.0 (damn, I wanted to get 2.0)
Tan leather Next Gen Seats
White Alcantra headliner

Model 3 - still on reservation.
Congrats! I had ordered MC red originally before changing it to Titanium when it was released and still admire the MC red color. It has several differnt looks depending on the light.

Now-the wait!

Congrats! I had ordered MC red originally before changing it to Titanium when it was released and still admire the MC red color. It has several differnt looks depending on the light.

Now-the wait!
I vacillated - Red or Titanium ...Titanium or Red...back and forth and back again. Do I want to blend in to the traffic with a classy color - or Announce with Arrest-Me Red. The tipping point was a soft tip. Most of the Inventory cars were Titanium, few were Red. Why? Were too many Titanium made? Did folks reneg? Could speculate forever - but decided Red would look like the poster child, would be easy to resell in the future. And I would GRIN bigger..

Reactions: MrLunch
I called my DS just now asking for an up to date purchase agreement and he told me that I'm looking at a delivery of August 14th(on my order agreement). My order confirmed on the 9th of July, hasn't started production yet.

That's promising, I confirmed July 5th and I'm hoping for August 5 or 12 for delivery (at the factory). I haven't gotten any kind of update outside of it saying Late July - August on my end.

I asked for an update today. Others who confirmed and received their VIN on same day as me (6/27) are posting in production. And I'm local. DS (I've now been swapped to my third one for no known reason) says will go into production in two weeks. Hmm. I can see a day or two lag from others but 2 weeks seems long.

If the waiting wasn't so hard I guess I wouldn't be so frustrated.

Last edited:
Wow macbest. 3 times is a lot. (I've heard the tenure is pretty steady at my SC in Dallas). I only believe what he told me because that's what's printed on the Pro-Forma Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement.

I know that the Tesla app won't update until after delivery... But everyday I'm at work- I may open it once or twice.. Time to delete the app :(

Reactions: Mr So Chill
I asked for an update today. Others who confirmed and received their VIN on same day as me (6/27) are posting in production. And I'm local. DS (I've now been swapped to my third one for no known reason) says will go into production in two weeks. Hmm. I can see a day or two lag from others but 2 weeks seems long.

If the waiting wasn't so hard I guess I wouldn't be so frustrated.

I know my DS is on vacation currently until tomorrow or Thursday, not sure if that's causing your lag in responses as well. Hard to have patience once you've started the ball rolling on such an exciting/expensive purchase... Hope you hear something soon!! I've thankfully had the same DS since the start so hopefully that continues.

Worth mentioning I'm planning to pick up at the Fremont Factory since it's not that far from me.

Another point of reference for everyone.
Got my VIN 6/28.
DS changed on mytesla 7/7
Auto email from DS 7/7
Emailed back immediately with questions re: trade in, and haven't heard back.

So lack of response seems the norm. I haven't started pestering, yet. I'm jealous of the great customer service some have received. It's the little things...

Glad to see some of you making progress and getting dates. A tip now that I've had the car a few days - delivery wise.

Remind your DS to mark your car as delivered in their system. My phone app hasn't worked since I got the car - says it's not ready yet. When I called they said they noticed they forgot to mark is 'delivered' and try again in a few hours. Still no love. So this morning we looked to make sure the app connection was turned on in the car - it was. Says I'll have to call the 800 number to see what could be wrong. I am using a droid - probably the problem. lol. Apparently that's a new step for them or something - he said it used to be automatically done for them. So he missed it not knowing he had to do it.

I called my DS just now asking for an up to date purchase agreement and he told me that I'm looking at a delivery of August 14th(on my order agreement). My order confirmed on the 9th of July, hasn't started production yet.

Where are you picking up at? What are your cars specs?

I ask because I ordered 1 day after you did, but my DS told me to expect a September delivery.

Me:
S60/Pano/white/auto pilot/ black leather..
Picking up at Costa Mesa SC in California.

Wow macbest. 3 times is a lot. (I've heard the tenure is pretty steady at my SC in Dallas). I only believe what he told me because that's what's printed on the Pro-Forma Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement.

I know that the Tesla app won't update until after delivery... But everyday I'm at work- I may open it once or twice.. Time to delete the app :(
Same here! I know that there is zero chance of the app working before delivery... yet every so often I tap on it just to make sure.

Reactions: Macbest