Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes picked mine up last week and i didn't think it would be there.. my first reaction was i cant believe you put holes in the front.. but they said it wasn't(which was a relief).. for some reason they are "not allowed" to take it off.. didn't want to fight about it so i took it off when i got home.

WAT? Really, I'm going to shoot my DS an email right now and see what I need to bring with me to take that *sugar* off. That's stupid.

WAT? Really, I'm going to shoot my DS an email right now and see what I need to bring with me to take that *sugar* off. That's stupid.

yep its crazy.. that's one perk of living in PA! the video shows how to remove it.. you'll need a Philips.. but the tricky part are the two bolts underneath.. if you have the right tools its not a problem.. took me a few minutes on each one of them.. its a very awkward position.

yep its crazy.. that's one perk of living in PA! the video shows how to remove it.. you'll need a Philips.. but the tricky part are the two bolts underneath.. if you have the right tools its not a problem.. took me a few minutes on each one of them.. its a very awkward position.

Yeah, saw the video, I do have a rotary saw, so I may bring that and the drill with me if they refuse. What a crock.

Anyone seen their cars go in production in the past 2 days ?
I am still disappointed with no update on when it will go into production. My DS insists that its this week.
I am very irritated with the whole process having no proper timelines and this wait is really killing my productivity at work.
The only reason i ordered MS is i couldnt wait any longer for M3. But didnt expect the wait to be this excruciating.

Tesla website does not show me in production, but my DS left a message yesterday saying I am in production and expect delivery week of the 22nd.
MS P90DL Order 7/11 confirmed 7/18. Website says delivery Aug-early Sep.

Yeah, saw the video, I do have a rotary saw, so I may bring that and the drill with me if they refuse. What a crock.

Don't use the rotary saw! Get one of these instead:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YQ7RS1M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 or
Tesla License Plate Socket Adapter by SlippinJimmie on Shapeways

Also, some ppl have reported that the service center will let you use their tool to loosen them so you can do it by hand when you get home.

• Informative
Reactions: fallen888
So after 36 days of waiting after confirming, just got an email from my DS that my Model S has entered production. Seems production has slowed some as he was indicating it's taking roughly 7-10 days to complete Model S production currently. This might also explain the delay for owners going into production over last month.

But exciting to be finally a step closer to having my Model S vs waiting on it.

My good friend went into production Friday and his is showing in transit today.

I ordered two days after him, I confirmed on the 22nd, and still not in production,

So after 36 days of waiting after confirming, just got an email from my DS that my Model S has entered production. Seems production has slowed some as he was indicating it's taking roughly 7-10 days to complete Model S production currently. This might also explain the delay for owners going into production over last month.

But exciting to be finally a step closer to having my Model S vs waiting on it.

I am finally in production. Status changed 5mins ago on mytesla though no email.
Whats your status?

Went into production this morning, no email either... my DS emailed me and was like I'm sure you've gotten the automated email at this point. MyTesla page shows only a subtle change from being in the production queue to now saying "Your Tesla is in production." but I only noticed this after the email from the DS. Still no change on dates/delivery window, etc.

Went into production this morning, no email either... my DS emailed me and was like I'm sure you've gotten the automated email at this point. MyTesla page shows only a subtle change from being in the production queue to now saying "Your Tesla is in production." but I only noticed this after the email from the DS. Still no change on dates/delivery window, etc.
Same for me with the mytesla page. I am guessing the delivery dates will show once its end of production line.

Glad to hear the torture is over.

Reactions: javawolfpack