Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so excited. I just pulled the trigger on a Blue S60 with Autopilot and Tan NexGen seats. I guess I bought a new one that someone canceled in TX and they are driving it out here to CA at the end of the week.

The guy said If I knew anyone I could use their code to help them? Not sure what the code does though.

I am still a model 3 reservation holder, but I bet this little baby can tie me over till they get all the kinks worked out on the Model 3!

Congrats! And that's awesome that you're getting it without the excruciatingly long wait!

Feel free to use my referral code to get $1,000 off your order - Referral | Tesla

You're welcome and thank you!

Wel this is obviously a dream but I'll go with it...

Took delivery of Quorra today(from Tron). First impression: the Matte Obeche dash is stunning. Very happy with that choice.

Auto pilot: worked flawlessly for me. I drove about 1.5 hours home on mostly freeway.

Condition of car: cleaned like a high school kid would wash a car. Immediately saw dried wax on the car but it easily wiped off with a microfiber rag. Little streaks here and there on the seats and in the interior. Few bits of plastic still installed inside the car.

Hood is misaligned a bit and scratches paint during open/close.

2 tiny (very tiny) cuts in rear passenger seat leather.

That being said, the car was in acceptable condition and I was extremely thorough in my inspection. My DS showed up to say hello but I was helped by someone I hadn't met before. His knowledge level was good.

How is the Model S 60? Amazing. Fast. Beautiful. Stunning. The future.

Last thought: How do people not pass out in the P90D ?

Another last thought: one pedal driving is the future. I barely used the brake even when needing to decelerate quickly.
image.png

Wel this is obviously a dream but I'll go with it...

Took delivery of Quorra today(from Tron). First impression: the Matte Obeche dash is stunning. Very happy with that choice.

Auto pilot: worked flawlessly for me. I drove about 1.5 hours home on mostly freeway.

Condition of car: cleaned like a high school kid would wash a car. Immediately saw dried wax on the car but it easily wiped off with a microfiber rag. Little streaks here and there on the seats and in the interior. Few bits of plastic still installed inside the car.

Hood is misaligned a bit and scratches paint during open/close.

2 tiny (very tiny) cuts in rear passenger seat leather.

That being said, the car was in acceptable condition and I was extremely thorough in my inspection. My DS showed up to say hello but I was helped by someone I hadn't met before. His knowledge level was good.

How is the Model S 60? Amazing. Fast. Beautiful. Stunning. The future.

Last thought: How do people not pass out in the P90D ?

Another last thought: one pedal driving is the future. I barely used the brake even when needing to decelerate quickly.View attachment 193033
I have a few questions - while waiting for delivery of my MS.
1) Did you have some check list for your "extremely thorough" delivery inspection. I'm thinking one could get sidetracked and miss some things without a thorough guide. hint - I want a copy of it for my inspection.
2) One pedal driving....On my test drive, letting up on the throttle gave me "some" regen braking, but I felt like I had no control of How Much. With caliper brakes, push harder and get more stop. How do you One-Pedal and get more stop?

@Buddy congrats, she's a beauty!

One question, about the misaligned hood, is the service center going to fix that? I mean, I assume you don't just leave it like that and live with it.
Yes although i didnt schedule the appointment yet for either issue. Because of Teslas reputation for good customer service, I took them at their word.

They did take pictures of both issues and I did as well (invade there's ever any dispute).

Last edited:
Reactions: fallen888
I have a few questions - while waiting for delivery of my MS.
1) Did you have some check list for your "extremely thorough" delivery inspection. I'm thinking one could get sidetracked and miss some things without a thorough guide. hint - I want a copy of it for my inspection.
2) One pedal driving....On my test drive, letting up on the throttle gave me "some" regen braking, but I felt like I had no control of How Much. With caliper brakes, push harder and get more stop. How do you One-Pedal and get more stop?

1. Tesla Model S Buyers', Delivery and Owners' Guide Use that as a guide but just look over the vehicle as you see fit. I use to be an aviation inspector so I have a knack for finding issues.

2. Regen braking has a setting. Standard and low. Standard is strongest. For "one pedal driving" you will decelerate quicker than normal as you take pressure off the accelerator. Sometimes getting off the freeway I'd never let off the accelerator pedal, just ease the pressure and end up going from 75 mph to 10mph. I seemed to need to use the brakes when wanting to slow to under 5 mph. (Creep was on)

Update:

Took Quorra to San Diego today which is around 90 miles from my house. Used summon to pull it out of the garage, used autopilot most of the drive, and used auto park twice while I was there.

On the way back we stopped at the supercharger in Temecula, CA. It had 5 Teslas and several open stalls. I think 10-12 stalls total. Charging was about 300 mph.

This car is unlike anything else.

MyTesla was update for estimated delivery of Sep 4 thru 11 as of today. I AM HOPING it is real and there is the slimmest of possibilities I will be picking up my baby this weekend. :) The wait/suspense has been BRUTAL. I've bought all kinds of add-ons and accessories, plus making plans to get tinting and other similar items added. Even arranging for day off from work to just be with her. Woo Hoo. :D Couldn't sleep a wink last night. Now I think I know why.... :cool: Come on DS CALL ME!!!

Waiting to talk to my DS but just went in transit to Devon, PA. I assume it'll be 14-17 days but my DS is on vacation and the person in his OOO is out of the office today!

I would assume that when the car hits transit, they give you a delivery date? Would be much easier for me to plan everything if I could target a date. Either way, anyone else taking delivery to Devon?