Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 60D just switched from production queue to 'In Production' today. That's 11 days from order confirmation to production start, which seems in line with others right now. Hoping for a couple of days in production and then in transit.

I'm in the DC area. If production is starting today, any guess when it would be delivered?
Where's everyone getting these status updates on my tesla. Do you have to upload all the docs like drivers license first?

Where's everyone getting these status updates on my tesla. Do you have to upload all the docs like drivers license first?

Not sure. When I click 'View Profile' next to my Model S on the My Tesla page, I see the details in the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 11.44.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 11.44.48 PM.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: number12
One week ancestor, roll on!

My Tesla just changed to In Production, one week after yours. If my car follows your path, it would be done around Sep 9. I'm picking up from Fremont, so I assume my delivery would be a few days faster than yours.

Wow, it's really about to happen.

I think The Wait is part of the Tesla experience. Induces Stockholm Syndrome, explaining the fanatically high satisfaction ratings...

Well, I'll be a monkey's charger. Production finished already -- ONE DAY -- with delivery Sep 9-16. My driveway is a huge construction pit and I have no chargers yet. But I guess I'll just get the car and figure it out later, right?

Do they deliver on weekends?

Mine automatically shows up under the picture of my car on the My Tesla page. Of course it says that the car is in transit even though it has been at the SC since last Tuesday afternoon. I also got an email saying that the car was at the service center being prepped for delivery, followed three days later by another email saying my car was in transit. Something is screwy with My Tesla and the emails, at least for me.

Well, I'll be a monkey's charger. Production finished already -- ONE DAY -- with delivery Sep 9-16. My driveway is a huge construction pit and I have no chargers yet. But I guess I'll just get the car and figure it out later, right?

Do they deliver on weekends?

Answering my own question, at the big spreadsheet July-Sep tab, I see plenty of Saturday deliveries but only one Sunday, which I assume is a typo.

Mine automatically shows up under the picture of my car on the My Tesla page. Of course it says that the car is in transit even though it has been at the SC since last Tuesday afternoon. I also got an email saying that the car was at the service center being prepped for delivery, followed three days later by another email saying my car was in transit. Something is screwy with My Tesla and the emails, at least for me.
IMHO - the DS seems to be a better source of timely information than My Tesla or the Tesla emails - although I haven't taken delivery yet. My DS has me scheduled for next Wednesday - we'll see.

Mine still says production que but when emailing DS about if it's even possible to change seat color they responses and said already in production. Previously was estimated to start production 9/12. When I asked weeks ago they still said to late to change seat color even with $500 change fee which I thought was odd.

IMHO - the DS seems to be a better source of timely information than My Tesla or the Tesla emails - although I haven't taken delivery yet. My DS has me scheduled for next Wednesday - we'll see.
My DS has been great now but didn't really update me on status. I found out my car went into production by looking at the MT page and found it was complete and in transit the same way. Everything else has been cockeyed.

Yet another phone call from Tesla today regarding my 60D order. This time it was to let me know that they have an inventory car that is identical to my order except for the seats, would I like to take delivery now instead of waiting? They really are pushing this quarter hard. (I said no.)

Reactions: number12