Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered Oct 1st and requested a delayed delivery for Dec. my DS called me last week and said I just finished production. I never got an email and My Tesla still has not updated. As of yesterday car was still in Quality Check. Expecting delivery to Houston mid to late Dec.

Reactions: Maximapolak
Confirmed on 10/28 and nothing has changed since. I've been telling my wife (her car) that I expected it to go in production by 12/5 or so if we are getting it in 2016. That date is getting close and we are getting a little nervous.

You should be more than ok. I heard (unofficially) the last of the East coast cars should be heading into production by the end of next week if they were confirmed before the cutoff. Cars out further west should be only be another 2 weeks behind that.

I have a S on order since late October and they still say Dec-Jan. Estimate for cars ordered now just changed from December to March delivery. As far as I can tell no one was ever promised for February, so some of January folks will be late or March orders will be early.

Just got the call! My Tessy ready 12/14 for pick up!! Never been so happy to spend so much $$$

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 57
Just got the call! My Tessy ready 12/14 for pick up!! Never been so happy to spend so much $$$

Thats interesting. Was that the earliest available pickup for you?

I think yours finished yesterday or today, so assuming a weekly Saturday train out from their rail system, that's roughly a week delivery to the east coast. Plus a couple days for local pickup/trucking and Service Center to receive/prep.

That's really fast. Previously I thought it was 2 weeks rail transit alone to the NE.

Thats interesting. Was that the earliest available pickup for you?

I think yours finished yesterday or today, so assuming a weekly Saturday train out from their rail system, that's roughly a week delivery to the east coast. Plus a couple days for local pickup/trucking and Service Center to receive/prep.

That's really fast. Previously I thought it was 2 weeks rail transit alone to the NE.

I received the email a little before 2am today, I can pick up as early as 12/12 but my husband can't leave work early until 12/14. I also thought it was 2 weeks.

I received notice that my production was complete on December 2nd and that it would arrive in NJ Dec 10-17. I got the email today that my delivery date is Dec 13th (woo-hoo, can't wait). So, it doesn't take 2 whole weeks to ship to the NE. Mine was closer to 10 days.

Last edited:
My emails for starting and completing production were a day or two behind the MyTesla updates - yet the Production Completed email arrived a day before the website was updated. It makes no sense based on my and others experience. Can't figure out what effects the timing.

I received notice that my production was complete on December 2nd and that it would arrive in NJ Dec 10-17. I got the email today that my delivery date is Dec 13th (woo-hoo, can't wait). So, it doesn't take 2 whole weeks to ship to the NE. Mine was closer to 10 days.

Sounds like you're on the same train as TessyGirl. Based on the two of you, I think rail transit time is down to about a week now. With a day of prep + truck (same day in NJ)

Where are you located?

Same as you, part of the reason I've been following your order so much. I would expect our deliveries to be on the same train and truck. As of now, I think the train East leaves every Saturday, which puts us closer to Dec 22 than Jan 5.