Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's finally here! My long-awaited P100D. Deep Blue Metallic with Ultra White interior! I live on a hill, and some roads are still somewhat snow/ice covered here in Portland, so I was worried about the drive home with the 21s, but I made it! Since I currently have no traction with the summer tires, the car has been sitting undriven in the garage, but it is supposed to warm up later today/tomorow. So happy!!! :D

View attachment 206448

I would love to see more pics if you have the time! I'm picking up my 90D this Friday and it's also Blue w/ultra white seats.

Need something to keep me going til Friday arrives;)

Last edited:
Was in production for 10 days, however it only took two days for me to pick it up once it was done.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

hey @kg7jo-, didn't you take delivery yesterday too? Where are those sweet, sweet delivery photos at?

Sorry, I was having fun with the car for the past two days. the 75D still has plenty power. I hope you will get your car this week!
I removed the front license plate bracket with a tool I bought on Amazon. Let me know if you need to borrow it.

So far, I've noticed a few problems that has been mentioned by others.
1> Passenger side mirror won't fold, and the mirror itself will tilt up every time I enter the car. So I had to adjust it every time before I drive.
2> Wiper blade won't remove salt from the windshield.
3> Steering wheel is misaligned by about 5 degree.

I already scheduled a service appointment next Monday to get them all fix. I guess this is one thing that's good about living close to a service center that's not busy.

For the firmware, mine still doesn't come with auto dimming headlight. I've connected to wifi, and I haven't got any update yet.

Attachments

• IMG_5295.JPG
    IMG_5295.JPG
    359.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5296.JPG
    IMG_5296.JPG
    359.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
View attachment 206583
A surprising number of new Tesla's waiting to be delivered in SLC @ the service center. Mine isn't there, but it should be soon!

When looking at lots like this, look in the upper right hand side of the windshield. It will have either "Customer", "Marketing" or "Inventory" on the sticker. This can determine how many are going to be delivered versus are there for inventory allocation.

My 90D was confirmed on 11/21
On Dashboard, on 12/15, it reported the car in "currently in production"

Got an email on 12/16 in the morning, saying started Building the car; another email the same day in the evening saying it's Complete and in transition to Fremont.

Got a call from DS yesterday, Sunday the 18th, saying I can pay it now and expecting to be delivered between 12/24 and 12/26.

I just checked the Dashboard today, it still says "Your Tesla is currently in production" and Delivery Range 12/17-12/31. While, today is 12/19! So, the dashboard's info. is not that accurate.

Hope I get the car on 12/24!

View attachment 206583
A surprising number of new Tesla's waiting to be delivered in SLC @ the service center. Mine isn't there, but it should be soon!
That's funny
I was coming home from a round of golf yesterday and happened to drive by the Tesla dealer and the delivery truck was unloading a shipment. 'My Tesla"app stated that mine was in transit, so I stopped to look. Not sure if mine was there, however I did finally get to see a red with gray interior. The guy putting the cars away stated they have received 7 truckloads of cars over the weekend.

@Holmes Today's the 17th. Did you receive it? Snow and all? Post a pic!
I did! :D Was an awesome experience, waited 5 years to experience getting my first Tesla!
Sorry, haven't been back to the website since I have been out driving and having fun with it since delivery! Driving it over the pure iced roads and the inches of metal corroding, paint scratching salt all over the lovely Minnesotan roads! :'(
But I did get it and love it!

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 81
When looking at lots like this, look in the upper right hand side of the windshield. It will have either "Customer", "Marketing" or "Inventory" on the sticker. This can determine how many are going to be delivered versus are there for inventory allocation.
Good tip! I might make another run to the service center before I take delivery to grab some center caps for my winter rims, and if I do then I'll count up the types. I asked permission to walk around the lot and be nosey. They were fine with it but asked that I didn't touch the cars, which I had no intention of doing. Apparently some people come by and lean on the cars and screw with the white protective films and whatnot. Not sure why anyone would do that but I just wanted to see what color combos people got.

Took delivery 3 months ago. Finally had some time to post some pictures. Had Xpel bra wrapped plus the two side mirrors, and nano ceramic window tinting done right after delivery. If you're in So-Cal, I strong recommend Benjamin @ www.bemarofilms.com. He has a mobile service and will drive out to your place to do the job. Does excellent work and is very detail oriented.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4006.PNG
    IMG_4006.PNG
    755.1 KB · Views: 86
Took delivery 3 months ago. Finally had some time to post some pictures. Had Xpel bra wrapped plus the two side mirrors, and nano ceramic window tinting done right after delivery. If you're in So-Cal, I strong recommend Benjamin @ www.bemarofilms.com. He has a mobile service and will drive out to your place to do the job. Does excellent work and is very detail oriented.
Lookin' good! But, I won't like, it took me a solid 10 seconds to figure out what part of your car that second picture was.

Looks fabulous. Would you mind saying how much that service cost?