Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a guy out of California coming out soon. I saw his work in this forum and youtube. He is the only one I know who wraps the rear chrome piece. The others I have contacted use plasti-dip. His work looks impressive in the videos and he gets great reviews. I am negotiating with him via text to do my clearbra and tint. He was my first choice but was too busy on this trip but contacted me last night and said he could do it.

I'd be interested in talking with him too. Can I have his info?

Delivery appointment and factory tour time set: Monday, Dec 26.
Mach Schnell, you are in for a treat! I picked up the P100D today and it has some kick! :D Kick like I've never experienced before! Unfortunately it has been raining a lot down here so my full blasts starts were limited in number due to the wet roads, but the ones I did left quite an impression on my passengers and myself. For any of you that get an opportunity to ride in one of these things, don't pass it up! That is unless acceleration is not your thing. Only about half of my family members took me up on the offer. I think the other half are also the ones that don't ride roller coasters. Nothing wrong with that!

Reactions: ZAKEEUS
How was your delivery at San Rafael? I'm picking up my S90D there on 12/29.
It was great! We got there a bit early, but they were able to get the final papers a bit earlier since we were there.

The OS gave my wife a walk through of the features (I'd already seen most of it on my test drive), and he was very knowledgeable when it came to our questions.

I would say the only downside was that we didn't get any swag. Not sure if they don't give stuff out at that location or if people were just in holiday mode and forgot.

Parking was a bit tight there as well (Teslas everywhere!)

Reactions: Mach Schnell!
Mach Schnell, you are in for a treat! I picked up the P100D today and it has some kick! :D Kick like I've never experienced before! Unfortunately it has been raining a lot down here so my full blasts starts were limited in number due to the wet roads, but the ones I did left quite an impression on my passengers and myself. For any of you that get an opportunity to ride in one of these things, don't pass it up! That is unless acceleration is not your thing. Only about half of my family members took me up on the offer. I think the other half are also the ones that don't ride roller coasters. Nothing wrong with that!

Hey Pantera Dude - thanks for the teaser. I am climbing the walls waiting for Monday to arrive! Weather has pretty much dried out today so Monday should be good.

It was great! We got there a bit early, but they were able to get the final papers a bit earlier since we were there.

Thanks! We'll see what it's like next week. It'll be a family affair for us, as our son (with a Model 3 reservation) will be with us and my dad will also meet us there. He is considering getting something, but hasn't made any decisions yet.

Reactions: RogerTheShrubber
I'm picking up my car at the San Diego Delivery center on the 26th. Can someone please describe what their delivery experience was like and what one should be on the lookout for ? I've noticed folks posting about a checklist of sorts, but haven't really found a checklist. Thanks a lot!

Picked up today. Powder coating wheels next week. Delivery process was quick and easy. No problems that I could find other than no Auto pilot features, which I expected. Confirmed 11/30 delivered 12/24. Bravo Tesla.

Attachments

• IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: MS_Dream and swgdan
Contacted today and I am scheduled to pick up my S75 at the Burbank, CA location on Sat this week. Anyone has any good/bad experience to share? Anything to look out for?

On a different note, still looking for any good references on the following items:

1) Xpel installer

2) Window Tinting

3) Electrician to install charger

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ubered over to Fremont and picked up the Tesla today, and took the factory tour, which was great! Had a couple of minor issues (door trim, fit) - got Due Bill to get taken care of later. I gave my family members whiplash with a quick test launch leaving the factory site. (No launch control test yet). The regenerative braking is very cool; no need to use the brakes until last few feet before coming to stop.

Attachments

• IMG_9688.JPG
    IMG_9688.JPG
    373.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9689.JPG
    IMG_9689.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9683.JPG
    IMG_9683.JPG
    488.2 KB · Views: 101