Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new MS 75 yesterday at the factory. The tour of the factory was great, and the classroom session was fine. The rest of the delivery process, not so much. Didn't see or hear from my DS at all. The person who walked me to and through the car seemed quite wet behind the ears, struggling with operating the fob and disconnecting the charger connection. At that point I mostly stopped asking questions and just ran my checklist. The only part that was hard was giving the paint a good inspection, as it was late in the day, and the artificial lights in the tent cast odd reflections.

Oh, and not surprisingly, the car is great.

Reactions: Mach Schnell!
Hello , my first post. Getting metallic silver P100D, with VIN 169111 to be delivered any day now. I was assigned Charles May out of Fremont. The car is currently in Seattle, to be delivered here in Big Sky Country. Does anyone know this person. Very excited, really appreciate all the previous posts, all educational. I now have a checklist of what to go through on receiving the car... now having it delivered to the aftermarket shop directly to apply all the protective coating, thanks for all the advice!

Confirmed 11/30
Delivered 12/28

Seattle
Tesla center gave me a Tesla Umbrella, a Tesla Pen, a Tesla Coffee mug, and two fob/keychain holders.
I was impressed by the swag!

Finally glad to be driving her around, just have to think of a name now...

Attachments

• 20161228_083944[1468].jpg
    20161228_083944[1468].jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 87
My wife and I are picking up our Tesla model S P100D this Friday, 12/30.

Midnight Silver Metallic
Upgraded Black Leather Seats
Black Headliner
Sunroof
Carbon Fiber
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self Driving
Premium Upgrades Package
Ultra High Fidelity
Ludicrous
Air Suspension
Integrated Center Counsel

VIN# 171697

I can't wait to take the hour drive home. Thank You Tesla........Oh Wait, That Should Be Thank You To My Wife First, Tesla Second . Thank You Hun!!!

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Hello , my first post. Getting metallic silver P100D, with VIN 169111 to be delivered any day now. I was assigned Charles May out of Fremont. The car is currently in Seattle, to be delivered here in Big Sky Country. Does anyone know this person. Very excited, really appreciate all the previous posts, all educational. I now have a checklist of what to go through on receiving the car... now having it delivered to the aftermarket shop directly to apply all the protective coating, thanks for all the advice!

Could you repost the checklist of what to look for. I want to make sure we don't miss anything when picking our car up.

Thank You,

Contacted today and I am scheduled to pick up my S75 at the Burbank, CA location on Sat this week. Anyone has any good/bad experience to share? Anything to look out for?

On a different note, still looking for any good references on the following items:

1) Xpel installer

2) Window Tinting

3) Electrician to install charger

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Delivery:
Howdy - I took delivery at Burbank and the team there (Sophea, Terry, Casey) was great! And yes they do have gifts (umbrella, pen, mug)...I would def recommend taking a detailed check list and a flashlight to really look over the interior (mine is black on black so its hard to see anything inside).

Films:
As soon as I got him home, I had the bra put on by Ben (Bemaro Specialty Films: Professional Paint Protection Films). He was recommended by a friend and had a great yelp review to back it up. The best part was that he took the time to explain the product and process. Also, he did the work in the safety of our garage and was a-ok with me watching and asking question throughout the process. But be ready Xpel is expensive regardless of who you go with- I just did the front bra.

Electrician:
I called the ones on the Tesla page and they all wanted $600-800 for a back to back install e.g. one wall had the panel on the flip side (~6") was where the plug went...

Cheers!

Brought it home today. Mjölnir is its name. I opted out of the orientation to simply ask a list of questions. A long list. Some of the answers stunned me. One stumped my delivering agent.

I'm relieved. MARRIETTA GA has a great crew. Sales, delivery and service all top notch business people who try really hard and succeed.

I need to do research on a few things. Need to learn how to tell car which key pulls up which profile. Not clear.

WiFi is slower than any computer in the house maybe it's the signal strengh/distance to the garage...it only sees my 2.4Ghz and not the 5Ghz.

It's so sweet...I'm in love. Ap2 does not have EAP as yet. Demos at store had it but they claimed those are ap1 cars. Hmm.

More to follow especially my qa while taking delivery.

Stay tuned.

Delivery:
Howdy - I took delivery at Burbank and the team there (Sophea, Terry, Casey) was great! And yes they do have gifts (umbrella, pen, mug)...I would def recommend taking a detailed check list and a flashlight to really look over the interior (mine is black on black so its hard to see anything inside).

Films:
As soon as I got him home, I had the bra put on by Ben (Bemaro Specialty Films: Professional Paint Protection Films). He was recommended by a friend and had a great yelp review to back it up. The best part was that he took the time to explain the product and process. Also, he did the work in the safety of our garage and was a-ok with me watching and asking question throughout the process. But be ready Xpel is expensive regardless of who you go with- I just did the front bra.

Electrician:
I called the ones on the Tesla page and they all wanted $600-800 for a back to back install e.g. one wall had the panel on the flip side (~6") was where the plug went...

Cheers!

Thanks @Munk! I am brining 4 other people to check out the car on Sat. This is the most ridiculous thing for a ~90k purchase that I have done. Hope Tesla is reading this thread and put every effort to improve this. Will update how everything goes after this weekend.

Thanks!!

Brought it home today. Mjölnir is its name. I opted out of the orientation to simply ask a list of questions. A long list. Some of the answers stunned me. One stumped my delivering agent.

I'm relieved. MARRIETTA GA has a great crew. Sales, delivery and service all top notch business people who try really hard and succeed.

I need to do research on a few things. Need to learn how to tell car which key pulls up which profile. Not clear.

WiFi is slower than any computer in the house maybe it's the signal strengh/distance to the garage...it only sees my 2.4Ghz and not the 5Ghz.

It's so sweet...I'm in love. Ap2 does not have EAP as yet. Demos at store had it but they claimed those are ap1 cars. Hmm.

More to follow especially my qa while taking delivery.

Stay tuned.

Congrats!! Looks super nice. Please share any good/bad (hope none) experience with the car. Are you getting dash cam for your car?

Could you repost the checklist of what to look for. I want to make sure we don't miss anything when picking our car up.

Thank You,

I hope it is ok to provide the link that has been useful, and summarized a lot of the important points of what to look for: so here goes....rather than pasting the list, so as to give credit to the original composer.
Things to check when you pick up your Tesla
He provides a pretty complete checklist that is very useful, applicable even here for the US. Also, what do people think about both applying a wrap vs applying xpel, or applying both. Thanks