Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woop Woop! Ordered on Feb 18th. Production started this past week. Yesterday got an email saying production was finished and to expect delivery between March 22–April 5. Just checked MyTesla page and it's already been updated to "in transit/expected delivery" between March 13–20!

Can't wait to join the family. Super excited!

240 Nema outlet ready. Burning all of my old CDs into .flac for my USB stick. Trying to get everything in order and ready to ride!

I got an email today saying production is finished with an expected delivery date of March 23rd to April 6th. My Tesla page hasn't been updated yet. Will be interesting to see if the expected delivery date gets pushed up.

Ordered 1/12, confirmed with VIN 1/19, and My Tesla showed in production 2/17. Received email about going into production early morning 3/1.
Received the "production is complete" email this afternoon (weird for a Sunday afternoon). The My Tesla page still shows the "in production" message. The inconsistency in messaging will drive an analytical mind like mine crazy. For all I know the car is sitting at the service center as I type. Anyhow, hopefully I'm only a week or so away from delivery.

Received the "production is complete" email this afternoon (weird for a Sunday afternoon). The My Tesla page still shows the "in production" message. The inconsistency in messaging will drive an analytical mind like mine crazy. For all I know the car is sitting at the service center as I type. Anyhow, hopefully I'm only a week or so away from delivery.
The emails I've been getting seem to come a day or so after the MyTesla page has updated.

The emails I've been getting seem to come a day or so after the MyTesla page has updated.

My communication has been all over the place so far, so I don't know who to believe . MyTesla page updated on 03/1 to in production. My DS, emailed me on 03/03 to tell me my car is in production. And just today 03/06 I received the email directly from Tesla telling me car is in production... Btw still in production...

Very strange how certain orders are taking so long. Maybe it was because mine is only a 60 with minimal upgrades? Or other theory was they had a truck coming east and needed to add one more to the truck's load ASAP. ?

In any event, today we confirmed a pickup date. March 14th at the Paramus NJ service center. So ordered on Feb 18, pickup March 14. 24 days. Might be a record for east coast.

Very strange how certain orders are taking so long. Maybe it was because mine is only a 60 with minimal upgrades? Or other theory was they had a truck coming east and needed to add one more to the truck's load ASAP. ?

In any event, today we confirmed a pickup date. March 14th at the Paramus NJ service center. So ordered on Feb 18, pickup March 14. 24 days. Might be a record for east coast.

That is fast. Was yours a preconfigured car?

Yeah this is super fast! I also ordered 60, but back in January. confirmed 1/16, VIN 1/24, and FINALLY today it went into production (at least that's what my Tesla page told me a few hours ago, and I've been checking myTesla page every 3-4 hours these days)

Yeah this is super fast! I also ordered 60, but back in January. confirmed 1/16, VIN 1/24, and FINALLY today it went into production (at least that's what my Tesla page told me a few hours ago, and I've been checking myTesla page every 3-4 hours these days)

I saw your listing on the Delivery Tracker and we have very similar builds and ordered around the same time. Hopefully my car goes into production soon!

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
We got an email tonight that our vehicle has left production and is being prepared for transit to our delivery center. Big Grin. 4 days in production. Was thinking we'd hear something on Monday at the latest given timelines I've seen recently on the spreadsheet. Our MyTesla page hasn't been updated yet and I'm assuming our DS will call tomorrow with the update if he's working tomorrow. Guess stuff will happen pretty fast now. Exciting.

BTW our expected delivery schedule range was February-early March. So good estimate.

I saw your listing on the Delivery Tracker and we have very similar builds and ordered around the same time. Hopefully my car goes into production soon!
Oh yeah, I just noticed! Practically twins, so cool.. even our VIN is probably only one digit apart.. I really really can't wait for next week, feels like Christmas coming way early this year. Cheers!

Reactions: tiggerlily and rahs

Ahh - Just realized actually ordered on the 11th of Feb - not the 18th. Not sure what I was thinking. Maybe VIN date. Anyhow - good luck to all the fellow soon-to-be Tesla parents :)

Reactions: avesraggiana
West coaster here. I also have complained about a lack of communication - albeit the automatic computerized kind. Purchased 1/15 to get supercharger and a $1,000 referral discount (which I thought was ending only for another program to immediately start). Confirmed 1/22. No VIN number through today but promised end of March. My Tesla page has only the reservation number and the "Scheduled for Production" line. I did email my DS two weeks ago and they promptly responded that all was in order. Yesterday as I was leaving work (around 5:00) got an email from the DS that my car would be delivered by the end of the month, that I should log onto financing and arrange that, and he requested info on my trade (which I had decided I would not trade due to their low offer). This was very welcome news. I responded that as soon as I have something telling me the car is less than 30 days out, like a VIN number and that it has entered production, I would get the financing in place. The criticism is all about their computer model as every time I have reached out to the DS or the sales staff I have gotten a timely response.

I note that my order, a MS75 (not a D), was one of the only RWD cars on the order page and I wonder if that has hampered my scheduling.

Congrats I see you finally got assigned a VIN! That was so weird with everyone else having one. Hope you are all good to go and you move into Production mode in the next few days so you do get yours by the end of the month. Apart from our email last night that we are being prepped for transport, our MyTesla is still showing In Production this morning so there is definitely some lag time between all parties putting the word out.

Reactions: avesraggiana
Congrats I see you finally got assigned a VIN! That was so weird with everyone else having one. Hope you are all good to go and you move into Production mode in the next few days so you do get yours by the end of the month. Apart from our email last night that we are being prepped for transport, our MyTesla is still showing In Production this morning so there is definitely some lag time between all parties putting the word out.

Yes, this morning after clicking on the My Tesla page for the fifth time (or so), a VIN number finally appeared. Not complaining since I was "assured" by my DS that the car would be delivered by the end of March, but the VIN number (1901xx) was issued 44 days after confirmation of order which was a bit strange. Still no word it is in production though! I just hope I did not apply for financing too soon.

I will probably contact my insurer today as well,

I went ahead and reached out to the DS today to see if I could get more concrete information due to inconsistencies between My Tesla and emails from Tesla. If it's about a week out, I need to do the Carmax dance and get my funds readied.

My Tesla still shows in production, but the production complete email came on 3/5. The DS said he safely expects arrival in Dallas by mid-next week and scheduled me for pickup on Thursday 3/16. I'm not sure if he's seeing a lot more info or was just comfortable that it would ship in the next day or two (if it hasn't already), and late next week was a safe bet for scheduling. I was hoping to avoid the last couple days of the month so I wouldn't get a rushed experience.

Either way, oh so close!