Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally!!

My Model S 90D is in Production. Ordered 12/25/17, VIN 182xxx. Maybe the remarks about it being an elephant with a long gestation period and its long front trunk caught their attention. Ha Ha!!

Now I wonder how long its delivery to LA will take??!! Already got several options for christening it.

Congrats man. I'm guessing our cars are going to be on the same flatbed. I have wheels/tires, Xpel, Suntek CXP, carbon fiber spoiler, JL amp/sub all ready to go once this thing gets here. I need a better hiding space, my wife is starting to ask questions lol.

Congrats man. I'm guessing our cars are going to be on the same flatbed. I have wheels/tires, Xpel, Suntek CXP, carbon fiber spoiler, JL amp/sub all ready to go once this thing gets here. I need a better hiding space, my wife is starting to ask questions lol.

In addition to all these add-ons perhaps they'll throw in a Pinto body to cover it all. That'll make the missus really happy!! :)

Seriously, I gotta start thinking about some kinda body armor too ...

My DS emailed me today to let me know to expect my car in 7-10 days. MyTesla page updated on Saturday 3/4 to "in production" but I just got the email confirmation today saying it went into production. So there is no rhyme or reason as to which gets updated first. Sounds like in some cases, the email is sent first- in my case I got the email 3 days after MyTesla page was updated. My DS said my car was being assembled today and he will let me know when it gets loaded onto the transport truck. Based on that, it sounds like they have more information and insight on the status. Btw, my DS has been great and very responsive so far. I'm hoping the delivery goes as smoothly!

Reactions: avesraggiana
My DS emailed me today to let me know to expect my car in 7-10 days. MyTesla page updated on Saturday 3/4 to "in production" but I just got the email confirmation today saying it went into production. So there is no rhyme or reason as to which gets updated first. Sounds like in some cases, the email is sent first- in my case I got the email 3 days after MyTesla page was updated. My DS said my car was being assembled today and he will let me know when it gets loaded onto the transport truck. Based on that, it sounds like they have more information and insight on the status. Btw, my DS has been great and very responsive so far. I'm hoping the delivery goes as smoothly!

I'm down in San Diego too. In response to an email I sent her over the weekend, my DES sent me the following message:

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I can confirm that you will be taking delivery in the next 30 days. Very likely delivery will be before the end of March. Please feel free to submit the loan application this week.

Well, there you go. Nothing has changed on my MyTesla page, which I've been checking compulsively since I placed my order, but I would have to agree with you, that they have more information and insight. I hope to have my car not long after you receive yours.

I've learned not to expect any more insights from my DS that I can glean from the estimates on the My Tesla site. Of course I expect to be informed if there is something awry with the production. No news is good news and they say. I haven't heard from my DS yet so I am not sure that he/she is aware that my S is in production.

Finally!!

My Model S 90D is in Production. Ordered 12/25/17, VIN 182xxx. Maybe the remarks about it being an elephant with a long gestation period and its long front trunk caught their attention. Ha Ha!!

Now I wonder how long its delivery to LA will take??!! Already got several options for christening it.

With you on long gestation. . . I ordered 12.30 and still in production since last week. So apparently the birthing process is taking a while. . .lol.

Can't wait!

Received 2 updates overnight. MyTesla now has our delivery range dates (tomorrow thru next week, so must be at SC now) and our DS sent an email asking about day and times for next week. It's really happening. Lots of plans to make or firm up still before it comes home. Fun to see all of your posts and share in the excitement. Honestly never cared so much about getting a new car before. The S is just so stunningly beautiful.

BTW our baby was conceived on 12/31 so yeah it's been a while for some of us people. What's the saying "All good things come to those that wait"? I just want to sit in those seats and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Ordered 2-8
Confirmed 2-15
(Factory retooling 2-18 thru approximately 2-28'ish)
Started production 3-2
Production complete email 3-8
Estimated Delivery Range: March 17, 2017 - March 31, 2017

I'm just a day behind you, on Order and Confirmation. I'll drive myself completely crazy checking my email and My Tesla before I receive any further word. It still says, "Scheduled for production". Congratulations in advance!

Obsidian Black
100D
Glass roof
21" grey
Every and all options Except rear facing seats.

Congrats to those with confirmed delivery dates. Although my DS assured me by the end of the month and almost pushed me to line up the financing, for now mine still has the original "scheduled for production" notation. Only about 23 days to make it to the end of the month! I'm hoping!

My DES did the same thing, confirming that my car would be delivered by the end of the month. I was strongly disinclined to apply, preferring to wait until I got an indication that my car had at least "Entered production." I eventually wobbled and applied for financing this morning, both thru Tesla Lending and Tech CU. Status of MyTesla remains unchanged at "Scheduled to enter production."

Joining you in hope that these mile markers are hit in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: BruceR61
hhh
After long time viewing this thread and the spreadsheet, my car is in production now. I thought I would receive an email or a call but nothing there. I was so depressed until open the MyTesla page.

1/8/17 ordered, pick up place Fremont Factory

Can't wait to pick up my car and have a tour!!
Yeah there seems to be a delay between the status on MyTesla and the email. I didn't get the email notification until today when MyTesla status changed to "in production" two days ago. Also picking up @Fremont Factory!

Ordered model S 90D to be picked up at Rocklin, CA service center.
Timeline:
-12/21 ordered
-12/28 confirmed
-12/29 vin assigned
Delivery estimate late January- February
-3/2 Got call from DS: your tesla is getting ready for production. He said to start finalizing my financing for car. Went with Tesla financing to make sure everything will go smoothly. Kept checking MyTesla page for update.
-3/6 Finally myTesla page stated your car in production
-3/9 MyTesla page has delivery range updated to 3/11-3/25, just got email saying Production is complete. Your Tesla is being prepared for transit to your delivery center.

The long wait is almost over:)

Last edited: