Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to say I was able to pick up my Model S a few days ago! I had moved, TDY, since I placed my order. I was worried I would have to travel back home for the pick up and then make the 11 hour drive back. Fortunately the Tesla reps were able to work with me and get my car sent to my current location. This was a definite win for me. Tyson's Corner location is only about 15 miles from where I'm staying. My original location was 125 miles from home. Plus lower state sales tax!

Reactions: SMAlset
Good News!!

I was just notified that my S90D Elephant is out of labor (aka production). Actual delivery is estimated to be between 3/13 - 3/27, a two week uncertainty!!?? My order date was 12/25/16, so it was a long gestation period. Looking forward to discovering first hand what all this Tesla hoopla is all about. I may christen it Tantor. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a White Elephant. I did order Silver.

My Tesla page is not up to date on this and I haven't heard a word from my DS for a while.

Congrats to all who have had similar news.

Good News!!

I was just notified that my S90D Elephant is out of labor (aka production). Actual delivery is estimated to be between 3/13 - 3/27, a two week uncertainty!!?? My order date was 12/25/16, so it was a long gestation period. Looking forward to discovering first hand what all this Tesla hoopla is all about. I may christen it Tantor. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a White Elephant. I did order Silver.

My Tesla page is not up to date on this and I haven't heard a word from my DS for a while.

Congrats!
Btw, do you mind updating the Order Spreadsheet?
Model S Order & Delivery 2017

Reactions: IV Leaguer
Good News!!

So what I’m getting from you and others is that the way we hear about the news of the birth is via email directly from Tesla, via email from our DES, or via our My Tesla page. No wonder I can’t ever look up from my phone!

Congratulations on the receipt of good news! I hope to follow you very soon.

• Funny
My car went into production the morning of 3/14. I found this out on the My Telsa page. E-mail received the next day.

Received an e-mail this morning Your Tesla is Complete, so a 2 day production. My Telsa still says in production. Why can't the e-mail system and My Tesla match up? You would think a tech company like this would have have this squared away.

Lots of good news to go around! Good to hear. Yesterday hubby scheduled our delivery for next Friday, which just works out better for us as we have apt with Carmax this weekend and will figure out what to do with our car--we have someone who would also like to buy it if he doesn't do a trade in. Later last night he mentions that our car is just sitting there waiting for us...I can tell this is going to be a l-o-n-g wait for him til Friday LOL.

Another 100D delivery scheduled:

MS 100D (every option EXCEPT rear facing seats)
2-7-17 6:27pm Thank you for your order
2-15-17 3:10am Your order has been confirmed
2-15-17 5:14am Order Confirmed. Preparing for Delivery
2-15-17 6:23am Your Tesla Has a VIN
2-27-17 Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory
3-2-17 9:00pm EST Your Tesla is currently in production
3-8-17 6:45am email: Your Tesla is Complete
3-9-17 3:30pm phone call: Delivery set for :
3-20-17 1:00pm **DELIVERY**

Have you considered trading in your car to Tesla?

We heard that Tesla would match Carmax's appraisal offer, so we got an appraisal from Carmax last weekend. I then asked if Tesla could match that offer, our DS said Tesla actually would offer us $500 more than the Carmax offer.

I was like "WTH?!!! An EV company that has no interest in ICE cars is actually offering us more than other car sellers? Sure, we'll take this sweet deal! "

Lesson learned: Don't automatically assume that Tesla would have the lowest appraisal. At least give it a try!

PS: We also had a Toyota dealer appraised the car, and their offer was the lowest among all three. I have no idea why Tesla has the highest offer, but I accepted the offer on the spot just in case they change their mind. ;)

Lots of good news to go around! Good to hear. Yesterday hubby scheduled our delivery for next Friday, which just works out better for us as we have apt with Carmax this weekend and will figure out what to do with our car--we have someone who would also like to buy it if he doesn't do a trade in. Later last night he mentions that our car is just sitting there waiting for us...I can tell this is going to be a l-o-n-g wait for him til Friday LOL.

So what I’m getting from you and others is that the way we hear about the news of the birth is via email directly from Tesla, via email from our DES, or via our My Tesla page. No wonder I can’t ever look up from my phone!

Congratulations on the receipt of good news! I hope to follow you very soon.

Looks like they are preparing to fill up one of those Stork trucks with the newborns for deliveries along the way to So Cal. Hope potential kidnappers stay away.

Have you considered trading in your car to Tesla?

We heard that Tesla would match Carmax's appraisal offer, so we got an appraisal from Carmax last weekend. I then asked if Tesla could match that offer, our DS said Tesla actually would offer us $500 more than the Carmax offer.

I was like "WTH?!!! An EV company that has no interest in ICE cars is actually offering us more than other car sellers? Sure, we'll take this sweet deal! "

Lesson learned: Don't automatically assume that Tesla would have the lowest appraisal. At least give it a try!

PS: We also had a Toyota dealer appraised the car, and their offer was the lowest among all three. I have no idea why Tesla has the highest offer, but I accepted the offer on the spot just in case they change their mind. ;)

That's interesting. Actually to make a long story short, the plan was to just trade it in; Tesla suggested getting a quote for comparison from Carmax in the meantime. Then when going over our insurance for the new car, our agent said she'd like to buy it if we don't trade it in. I think at this point he doesn't know which way he'll go. But thanks for the info tiggerlily, I'll pass it on to him.

Another GOOD NEWS!!

Just got an email notification that our MS has completed production and is being prepared for transit to delivery centre (ODDLY, we are picking it up at the factory, so I guess this is just a generic message =P) Estimated delivery between March 12th to March 26th!! Another first world problem, I will be out of the country from the 18th to the 26th, so now just have to decide if I want to pick it up before or after my trip.

1/9 order
1/16 order confirmation
1/24 VIN
3/6 start production
3/9 email: production complete!

Another GOOD NEWS!!

Just got an email notification that our MS has completed production and is being prepared for transit to delivery centre (ODDLY, we are picking it up at the factory, so I guess this is just a generic message =P) Estimated delivery between March 12th to March 26th!! Another first world problem, I will be out of the country from the 18th to the 26th, so now just have to decide if I want to pick it up before or after my trip.

1/9 order
1/16 order confirmation
1/24 VIN
3/6 start production

Oh, poor you. Hahaha!

Another GOOD NEWS!!

1/9 order
1/16 order confirmation
1/24 VIN
3/6 start production

Congrats. My guess is being it's a factory pickup, you'll get a call from your DS to come sooner than the 12th if you want.