Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Carmax quote I got today came in higher than the Tesla quote! I'm picking up my car on Friday with checks (personal & bank) in hand; I won't be pre-paying and won't hand over my trade in or money unless I'm ok with the quality of the car.

As mentioned above our Carmax quote was higher as well. Our DS asked us to send him a photo of it and to bring the original with us when we pick up the car on Friday. Good luck with your delivery!

As mentioned above our Carmax quote was higher as well. Our DS asked us to send him a photo of it and to bring the original with us when we pick up the car on Friday. Good luck with your delivery!
Thank you! Good luck with yours as well. Same directions from our DS. I have to admit I'm a little nervous. It's like the first date! I hope he likes me!

Unfortunately my excitement will be short lived since I'm picking up my car on Friday and dropping it off at the shop for wrap, tint and blackout package on Monday! But he's gonna be hot when I get him back! (Yes my car is male)

Finally picked up our MS this morning @Fremont! So many TESLAs that they had to make create outdoor tent to house everyone's car.
The whole thing was pretty painless. I was too excited, anxious, nervous that I couldn't even go through my checklist properly.. Not as bad as what I have expected after reading all the horror stories @tesla's and TMC's forums. Drove our baby straight to SupremeDetailworks for PPF and window tints.

Cheers!

Finally picked up our MS this morning @Fremont! So many TESLAs that they had to make create outdoor tent to house everyone's car.
The whole thing was pretty painless. I was too excited, anxious, nervous that I couldn't even go through my checklist properly.. Not as bad as what I have expected after reading all the horror stories @tesla's and TMC's forums. Drove our baby straight to SupremeDetailworks for PPF and window tints.

Cheers!

Very, very cool!!!! I hope to be you later next week! I’m glad to hear that you turned up no major problems.

Visited the guy who’ll be wrapping and sealing my car. Much to my own surprise, I’ve decided to do the one thing I thought I’d NEVER do - tint my windows! It’s going to be a very, very light tint, mostly to block out the heat, rather than the light.

After you get your car back, and I hope it’ll be very soon, Happy, Happy Driving!

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Very nice! Congrats. The MS is such a fabulous looking car in any color. Hubby said he got an email today showing only thing left to do is pick it up (on Friday) :).

Looking at the tent for local pick ups it's nice to know we'll be seeing more Teslas on the road here soon. Now that we're joining the family we kind of have fun seeing how many of them we see on the road each day. Become sort of a car game for us.

In preparation for my pick up on Friday, I visited the shop wrapping, tinting and blacking out my car. They had 5 Tesla's in their shop so I was able to see some examples of poor quality in the chrome alignment, paint issues, etc. They were amazing in pointing out what to look for when picking up my car. They are just down the street from the Tesla SC and said that if there are things they notice when working on my car, they can either fix them on the spot or they have had the tesla team come to their shop to fix it. They have a very close relationship with the Tesla SC team. Nice to know they work so closely with the Tesla SC. I'm feeling much better and can't wait to join the rest of you!

In preparation for my pick up on Friday, I visited the shop wrapping, tinting and blacking out my car. They had 5 Tesla's in their shop so I was able to see some examples of poor quality in the chrome alignment, paint issues, etc. They were amazing in pointing out what to look for when picking up my car. They are just down the street from the Tesla SC and said that if there are things they notice when working on my car, they can either fix them on the spot or they have had the tesla team come to their shop to fix it. They have a very close relationship with the Tesla SC team. Nice to know they work so closely with the Tesla SC. I'm feeling much better and can't wait to join the rest of you!

Did you choose Elite Auto Detail by any chance? I went with 5 Points Auto Detail off Kearny Villa Road, based on a personal recommendation. While they don’t have a close working relationship with Tesla, they’ve assured me that they would address any QC problems that they spotted.

Did you choose Elite Auto Detail by any chance? I went with 5 Points Auto Detail off Kearny Villa Road, based on a personal recommendation. While they don’t have a close working relationship with Tesla, they’ve assured me that they would address any QC problems that they spotted.
I'm going to Auto Armour, who works with Elite Auto Detail and SD Wrap. Auto Armour does the Xpel wrap and window tint. SD Wrap does the black out package. They all share the same space and I think if you go through any of the three business, they sub the other work they don't do to their counterparts. So you get the expertise of the three businesses in one place.

Reactions: avesraggiana
I'm going to Auto Armour, who works with Elite Auto Detail and SD Wrap. Auto Armour does the Xpel wrap and window tint. SD Wrap does the black out package. They all share the same space and I think if you go through any of the three business, they sub the other work they don't do to their counterparts. So you get the expertise of the three businesses in one place.

Got it. I’ve heard great things about Auto Armour too. Not first hand, but from the San Diego Tesla Owners Facebook page.

I’ll be doing the same thing as you, if the schedule for delivery works out. Pick it up on Friday, drop it off on Monday. Some new owners, like @chibi_kurochan, displayed truly monumental fortitude by dropping their car off at the detailers IMMEDIATELY after taking delivery. Couldn’t bring myself to do that. I wanna play with my new baby before parting with him, or her - can’t decide, again.

Last edited:
おめでとう ちびくろちゃん!:)
Thanks for the update. White is just the perfect color for Tesla!!! So happy to hear that the delivery was painless - this makes me feel more confident about our factory pickup this Saturday.

Enjoy your new car!

Cheers!

Got it. I’ve heard great things about Auto Armour too. Not first hand, but from the San Diego Tesla Owners Facebook page.

I’ll be doing the same thing as you, if the schedule for delivery works out. Pick it up on Friday, drop it off on Monday. Some new owners, like @chibi_kurochan, displayed truly monumental fortitude by dropping their car off at the detailers IMMEDIATELY after taking delivery. Couldn’t bring myself to do that. I wanna play with my new baby before parting with him, or her - can’t decide, again.

I won't decide on any aftermarket armor, etc. unit later. Not sure that it's necessary or worth doing yet. And don't want to rush in because of irrational emotional over-protectionism - like that with a newborn baby.Hope I don't regret it. ... :)

I won't decide on any aftermarket armor, etc. unit later. Not sure that it's necessary or worth doing yet. And don't want to rush in because of irrational emotional over-protectionism - like that with a newborn baby.Hope I don't regret it. ... :)

I'm afraid it might be too late for me. In spite of my best efforts, I'm in fair danger of turning into one of the most insufferable types of people - a Tesla Helicopter Parent.