Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D-Day for us too tomorrow. Pulled together all our trade-in stuff and things we need to bring to close on it, downloaded the Tesla app already to have on our phones, watched the videos again, still working on a name, feel kind of overwhelmed actually with the amount of info to get acquainted with but excited all the same. Good luck to everyone picking up this weekend.

I know I don't have to tell you that you won't miss it. I've gone for gas twice in the last year and a half. Both for my chainsaw. :)

Well, my wife's car is ICE and no budget for another Tesla unless someone put me at the front of the line for a Model 3. So I will be getting gas on occasion, but just not at 6:15 am on the way to work.

Oh, my...now everything’s tearing along at a gallop! My DES, Jackie Pape, called this morning, saying that my completed car was being loaded on to a transport that would get down to San Diego by tomorrow morning. If they’re not delayed, would I like to pick my car up tomorrow afternoon? Gulp!

My strange work schedule prevents me from taking up that offer, the soonest I can take delivery will be Wednesday or Thursday of next week. Who would have imagined that things would turn out this way? Here I am, chomping at the bit to get my car, and the one that’s preventing me from doing so is, ME! Gaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

:D <--Grin! Car looks great, spent about 1 hr at the Palo Alto pick up location (very positive experience there BTW) and really didn't see anything off with the fit and finish. Couldn't be happier. Just gorgeous. Having read all the threads/posts I did before hand helped a lot in knowing what to look for. Appreciated everyone's input. Seats (perf) felt really great to sit in while going through the initiation--something that was a concern for me going from super comfortable leather seats in my ICE; hubby took the car immediately for wrap and I drove our ICE so we could get home...so still haven't been properly acquainted with a ride :). Until she's home with us it, the realization we have a new car won't really set in. Counting the days now.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
:D <--Grin! Car looks great, spent about 1 hr at the Palo Alto pick up location (very positive experience there BTW) and really didn't see anything off with the fit and finish. Couldn't be happier. Just gorgeous. Having read all the threads/posts I did before hand helped a lot in knowing what to look for. Appreciated everyone's input. Seats (perf) felt really great to sit in while going through the initiation--something that was a concern for me going from super comfortable leather seats in my ICE; hubby took the car immediately for wrap and I drove our ICE so we could get home...so still haven't been properly acquainted with a ride :). Until she's home with us it, the realization we have a new car won't really set in. Counting the days now.

View attachment 218821

Beautiful car! I can’t help myself, I envy you. I hope the wrappers won’t keep your car longer than a day or two. Then you can go out and play! I mean, drive!

Reactions: SMAlset
Doing a full body custom wrap so it will be longer than that but that's okay knowing it will be protected. Sorry your schedule has played with an earlier delivery for you. You'll have yours by next weekend so I bet I know what you'll be doing next weekend...hitting the road same as us ;). We are still going to install dash cams but that's only a 4 hour job I believe.

Reactions: avesraggiana
Picked mine up today, great experience no issue's.. and oh that Glass roof is amazing!!

View attachment 218823

EEEEEEEEEK!!!! EEEEEEEEK!!!! And one more time. EEEEEEEEEK!!!! I got the glass roof too! Now I REALLY can’t wait to see what mine will look like!

By the way, nice photo. You got the lighting just right. Did you use a smartphone, or did you bring a camera?

Reactions: Rbcnr
LED_FT: Why r u up so early? Too excited to sleep perhaps?? :) :)
I wish! I get up at 4:30 everyday. Need to work out and walk my dogs before work!

My delivery today went off without a hitch. My auto detailer from Auto Armour happened to be at the Tesla SC today and asked to see my car before I took delivery. He was able to inspect the exterior of my car (paint, trim, alignment) and called me to let me know he did not see any issues with the fit and finish. What a relief! It was so amazing that he was willing to do that with his expert eye and lessened my anxiety. The process was great and I brought my assistant so she could check the car with an objective and unattached eye while I oohed and aahed at my new baby. My car was perfect. I found no issues. I get to enjoy it for the next two days until I drop it off at the shop for tint, chrome delete and xpel wrap. I hope everyone's experience is as good as mine! Sorry we didn't get great photos in the showroom. the ventilated seats were really comfortable and the pano roof is awesome and my SiriusXM works great. Love PUP and Upgraded sound system. No regrets. And the 60 still has crazy fast acceleration. Love it!

Attachments

• IMG_3498.JPG
    IMG_3498.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I wish! I get up at 4:30 everyday. Need to work out and walk my dogs before work!

My delivery today went off without a hitch. My auto detailed happened to be at the Tesla SC today and asked to see my car before I took delivery. He was able to inspect the exterior my car (paint, trim, alignment) and called me to let me know he did not see any issues with the fit and finish. What a relief! It was so amazing that he was willing to do that with his expert eye and lessened my anxiety. The process was great and I brought my assistant so she could check the car with an objective and unattached eye while I oohed and aahed at my new baby. My car was perfect. I found no issues. I get to enjoy it for the next two days until I drop it off at the shop for tint, chrome delete and xpel wrap. I hope everyone's expecting was as good as mine!

That’s so good to hear! I’m hoping, counting, on your glowing report to rub off on my delivery experience in a few days time. Thanks for writing in, and enjoy your new ride!

Reactions: Rbcnr
We are in the same boat, @avesraggiana! Our car became available for pickup on Thursday, but my partner's work schedule prevented us from picking it up until Saturday. I admit I resented him a little bit for this :mad:

But once I accepted that we cannot possibly move pickup day forward, I became surprisingly calm. There's no more uncertainties about the car --- has it been assigned a VIN? Has it entered production? Has it been completed? Can we start the payment process? Have they received the payment? When will the pickup be scheduled? All these uncertainties are gone. No more moving pieces. No angst. I can finally relax and savour this happiness of becoming a Tesla owner. Just pure, joyful anticipation.

My partner said this act of detachment is just my self-protection mechanism working to keep my sanity. He's probably right. I probably won't be able to function normally if I don't try to find some meaning out of this wait. :D

I am feeling excited for your big reveal day as well!

Oh, my...now everything’s tearing along at a gallop! My DES, Jackie Pape, called this morning, saying that my completed car was being loaded on to a transport that would get down to San Diego by tomorrow morning. If they’re not delayed, would I like to pick my car up tomorrow afternoon? Gulp!

My strange work schedule prevents me from taking up that offer, the soonest I can take delivery will be Wednesday or Thursday of next week. Who would have imagined that things would turn out this way? Here I am, chomping at the bit to get my car, and the one that’s preventing me from doing so is, ME! Gaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!