Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was supposed to pickup my car today, had a confirmation email even sent to me yesterday morning. However, right as I was in the middle of returning my lease, Tesla calls to tell me my car hasn't arrived and is delayed. I explained that my previous vehicle was now gone and I am going to need a car, so they were able to give me an enterprise loaner. They are saying my car should be ready now for Tuesday, June 6th, this is after I had an original delivery date of May 20th. At this point I am not impressed with Tesla, all that money for a car and they are such an advanced car company, but can't get a delivery date right twice. At least they could have called me a few days ago to tell me the car never arrived, not wait until the morning before, and on top of everything I already wired them my down payment and taxes for something I don't have.

I have to admit, I'm not that impressed either. Everything feels really scattered and disorganized.

Order 5/27 - no confirmation yet, but it's early.

Interesting on my order page it said (and still says) "late June delivery". The local sales guy told me verbally late June as well when I placed the order. Now the Tesla service guy E-Mail'd and said "expect mid to late July" - I asked for more detail but I've not heard back yet.

Curious, I called the 800# for Tesla - the guy there said "there should be no problem delivering a custom order by the end of June - I'll call you back". No call back yet. I admit I don't know squat about building cars but I would think a delivery schedule is something they would be good at by now. Of course, stuff happens - I just expected a bit more from Telsa, I guess. I mean, it is what is is - I just want to be informed.

By the way, when should I expect to see a VIN on my web page? I would assume shortly after starting the build?

Thank you! :)

Interesting on my order page it said (and still says) "late June delivery". The local sales guy told me verbally late June as well when I placed the order. Now the Tesla service guy E-Mail'd and said "expect mid to late July" - I asked for more detail but I've not heard back yet.

Curious, I called the 800# for Tesla - the guy there said "there should be no problem delivering a custom order by the end of June - I'll call you back". No call back yet. I admit I don't know squat about building cars but I would think a delivery schedule is something they would be good at by now. Of course, stuff happens - I just expected a bit more from Telsa, I guess. I mean, it is what is is - I just want to be informed.

By the way, when should I expect to see a VIN on my web page? I would assume shortly after starting the build?

Shoot you got someone on the phone?? I've been calling all day trying to figure out why my delivery date has been pushed back two months.

You should get a confirmation very soon. Followed by a VIN days later (week or so). It is very possible to get it by late June. My DS has seen cars come to Toronto four days after production ends!

Same exact dates but I'm pushed back to July - Early August =(

Same here. Ordered 5/23, confirmed 5/30. Delivery estimate immediately changed from "Late June" to "July - Early August".

I assume they batch cars based on configuration. Mine is an S, 100D, sunroof, black interior, premium seats. I'm hoping it switches to production soon and that date gets bumped up.

I keep telling myself I've waited so long for this another month or so won't hurt. But it's not really helping... And now I have a Tesla Wall Connector sitting in my den mocking me.

Really? I ordered a Model S 75 with a few options put in. Did you order something higher tiered?

Here are my specs:

Model S 75D
Silver Paint
Stock 19 inch wheels
Glass roof
Premium Interior Upgrade
Enhanced Auto Pilot
Full Self Driving Upgrade

I've been trying to get someone on the phone to help me understand why it would be pushed back so much. I live in Berkeley, CA about 45 miles above the Fremont plant and I stated that I would pick it up in Fremont too, so no delivery needed!

Same here. Ordered 5/23, confirmed 5/30. Delivery estimate immediately changed from "Late June" to "July - Early August".

I assume they batch cars based on configuration. Mine is an S, 100D, sunroof, black interior, premium seats. I'm hoping it switches to production soon and that date gets bumped up.

I keep telling myself I've waited so long for this another month or so won't hurt. But it's not really helping... And now I have a Tesla Wall Connector sitting in my den mocking me.

Oh same here, the amount of patience needed at this point is way too damn high. I just don't get why it said Late June when we ordered it and now it's pushed back =(

Oh same here, the amount of patience needed at this point is way too damn high. I just don't get why it said Late June when we ordered it and now it's pushed back =(

If my delivery happens when it's supposed to (6/15) the total time from confirmed to delivery will be 64 days. I also watched mine go from a May-early June to June-early July delivery window. Some of the early April 100D orders are waiting a long time. Yours probably won't be as bad of a wait.

If my delivery happens when it's supposed to (6/15) the total time from confirmed to delivery will be 64 days. I also watched mine go from a May-early June to June-early July delivery window. Some of the early April 100D orders are waiting a long time. Yours probably won't be as bad of a wait.

I'm still not out of production and have no idea when delivery will actually happen so mileage varies greatly here. My guess is they will push very hard to get me delivered before the end of Q2, but at this point I am not willing to bend over backwards to help them achieve that. If they do indeed deliver by then I'll be at around 80 days from confirmation. The lack of communication I've gotten regarding delivery dates has been appalling. I have never been contacted by my DS. Email inquiries to him on the subject usually receive a reply in about a week offering opinions similar to My Tesla but offering no further information. I again am not upset at delays, but do not like the fact that they do not communicate at all regarding an estimated delivery date. The exception to this is My Tesla which randomly shifts so you never truly have an idea of a delivery timeframe until the car actually ships.

MS100D
  • Ordered 5/27 (with web site saying "late June delivery", as it still states that now.
  • Confirmed today, 6/4
The service guy called me this week and told me to expect July. When I pointed out the ongoing discrepancy on the web page, he said he would "expedite shipment". He said typically they would "train" to some location (I've forgotten where - I am in Ohio) and then "trucked" here. But "expedited delivery" would truck direct from the factory. I truly don't think that means anything and he was just saying what he thought I wanted to hear - I was not even asking for anything special but rather an explanation. And even if that is real (which I could not verify anyway) it doesn't sound like it would save much time. Honestly I may have misunderstood him.

Now My Tesla says to expect delivery "...July to early August...". <sigh>

It really doesn't bother me about the timeframe - it takes what it takes. It just bothers me that the guys who maintain the web pages don't have a clue to their own delivery schedules. That just sets up Tesla customers for disappointment. We rely in them to set our expectations and in one of our earliest contacts they let us down.

It's just disappointing out of the gate.