Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MS100D
  • Ordered 5/27 (with web site saying "late June delivery", as it still states that now.
  • Confirmed today, 6/4
The service guy called me this week and told me to expect July. When I pointed out the ongoing discrepancy on the web page, he said he would "expedite shipment". He said typically they would "train" to some location (I've forgotten where - I am in Ohio) and then "trucked" here. But "expedited delivery" would truck direct from the factory. I truly don't think that means anything and he was just saying what he thought I wanted to hear - I was not even asking for anything special but rather an explanation. And even if that is real (which I could not verify anyway) it doesn't sound like it would save much time. Honestly I may have misunderstood him.

Now My Tesla says to expect delivery "...July to early August...". <sigh>

It really doesn't bother me about the timeframe - it takes what it takes. It just bothers me that the guys who maintain the web pages don't have a clue to their own delivery schedules. That just sets up Tesla customers for disappointment. We rely in them to set our expectations and in one of our earliest contacts they let us down.

It's just disappointing out of the gate.

Same situation and also in Columbus - except ordered about a week ahead of you. After seeing your post, I emailed my DS. He didn't offer to expedite but was able to tell me that my car is scheduled to enter production mid-late June. He said there was a chance it could be delivered end of June but July was more likely.

The shipping logistics may also explain (at least some of) the discrepancy with the web site estimate. If I happened to live near the factory, I would be able to take delivery at the end of June as the web site says. In our case, they don't know the details of the shipping until they have enough cars actually built, inspected, and ready to ship out.

They really should include the "enter production" estimate in the status on the MyTesla site. As it is now, it just says it's "scheduled for production" with a 6 week delivery date window. Trying to figure out when to apply for financing (which has to be done within 30 days of delivery) is impossible to do based on that information! At the very least, showing a status like "scheduled to begin production in mid-late June" would save lots of us from spamming the MyTesla site (and their DS) several times a day...

similar story here. ordered our MS 90D on 5/29, confirmed this morning 6/5. delivery updated from late june to july/early august. sent a message to both DS and sales guy to get a little clarity. we're planning on picking up at the fremont factory so hoping that helps.

also got a VIN in MyTesla, much quicker than I expected (I confirmed this morning about 2 hours ago).

Well, it's been almost 2 weeks and I've been so busy enjoying the car that I neglected to post here! Here he is (no name yet), white/white 75D with everything except rear-facing seats, just seconds after they took me backstage:

zZvW2ze.jpg

I want to give a shout out to the Raleigh sales and delivery team -- it was truly exemplary service start to finish. A few communication issues were resolved in a fair and reasonable manner that exceeded my expectations. They've put up with my biannual-or-so test drives for a few years now, so I'm sure they were just as excited for me to take delivery as I was.

Same here. Ordered 5/23, confirmed 5/30. Delivery estimate immediately changed from "Late June" to "July - Early August".

I assume they batch cars based on configuration. Mine is an S, 100D, sunroof, black interior, premium seats. I'm hoping it switches to production soon and that date gets bumped up.

I keep telling myself I've waited so long for this another month or so won't hurt. But it's not really helping... And now I have a Tesla Wall Connector sitting in my den mocking me.
Install the HPWC to help keep your mind off the wait ..... once the green LED is turned on it will guide your Model S to its new home :D.
BTW My Tesla is also mocking you every time you login and irrationally expect the status to changed by the minute :rolleyes:

My Tesla is also mocking you every time you login and irrationally expect the status to changed by the minute

Sheesh, don't you know it! Guess there is some consolation in knowing I'm not the only one. :eek: It's kinda like watching a heart monitor of a loved one in ICU or something - just staring at it isn't going to make the #'s change even though we keep looking at it.

But it does make me wonder some other "irrational" thoughts - anyone know:

• Once shipped, can I track it via MY TESLA automagically or does someone need to do something to make that part work?
  • I think I read somewhere that financing must be done within 30 days - well, when I ordered it WAS submitted/approved within 30 days but now it doesn't appear it will be. I'm not concerned about getting re-approved as I have a ton of credit but I really do not want a 2nd "pull" of my credit rating on a high-priced item happening again if I can avoid it. Do they really mean "credit approval within 30 days of delivery"?

Sheesh, don't you know it! Guess there is some consolation in knowing I'm not the only one. :eek: It's kinda like watching a heart monitor of a loved one in ICU or something - just staring at it isn't going to make the #'s change even though we keep looking at it.

But it does make me wonder some other "irrational" thoughts - anyone know:

• Once shipped, can I track it via MY TESLA automagically or does someone need to do something to make that part work?
  • I think I read somewhere that financing must be done within 30 days - well, when I ordered it WAS submitted/approved within 30 days but now it doesn't appear it will be. I'm not concerned about getting re-approved as I have a ton of credit but I really do not want a 2nd "pull" of my credit rating on a high-priced item happening again if I can avoid it. Do they really mean "credit approval within 30 days of delivery"?

Even the Tesla Lease/Finance people are a little confused why the Owner Advisers keep telling people that. They can extend it to 60 days if you give them a call!

Even the Tesla Lease/Finance people are a little confused why the Owner Advisers keep telling people that. They can extend it to 60 days if you give them a call!

Maybe that's true, but as of a few days ago the proposal and approval I got from Tesla finance clearly stated on the bottom of it that the car must be delivered in June for the stated terms to be effective. This may be separate from running another credit check, but it does appear they limit their commitment to 30 days or so after initial approval.

Ordered 5/16 and confirmed 5/24. Delivery is scheduled for June 24 and my tesla says late June early july. This is an MS 100D. Current status shows as scheduled for production.

How do you already have a confirmed delivery date? I ordered in April only thing I've seen is scheduled for production, estimated delivery June/July.

I haven't heard anything as of yet from my DS, but in fairness to him I haven't reached out to him to find out anything. From what I can surmise most of the 100's ordered around the April price change are just starting to hit or get scheduled for production.

BTW My Tesla is also mocking you every time you login and irrationally expect the status to changed by the minute :rolleyes:

speaking of...

i heard back from my DS today and he said he spoke with the production team and made sure my order was scheduled for "as soon as possible." he said to expect an update in My Tesla "very shortly" ... just refreshed now and it changed from "late July - August" to "late June - July)". not sure where the disconnect was between the website estimate and what the DS was hearing, but this should give others in the same boat some hope!

How do you already have a confirmed delivery date? I ordered in April only thing I've seen is scheduled for production, estimated delivery June/July.

I haven't heard anything as of yet from my DS, but in fairness to him I haven't reached out to him to find out anything. From what I can surmise most of the 100's ordered around the April price change are just starting to hit or get scheduled for production.

Just to clarify, the website doesn't tell me anything about a confirmed date, but my DS called as soon as the order was confirmed and setup up a tentative appointment for June 24.

I spoke to her today and she still seemed confident in the June 24 date. In order to hit that date, the car would have to go into production by sometime mid next-week (It's a SOCAL delivery which can be is about 6-9 day delivery from start of production).

Like you, I'm in Michigan. I ordered on 5/10, received confirmation on 5/17, production started on 6/2. It's currently "under production". It's odd that I would've ordered after you, but I'm further ahead in production. I ordered a 90D. I can only assume it's because you got a 100. I bet our cars end up on the same truck/train and get delivered around the same time.

My 2 cents - email the DS for an update. The one in Cleveland responds within 1 business day and seems to have a handle on what's up.

MS100D to Ohio
  • Ordered 5/27 (with web site saying "late June delivery", as it said through 6/4)
  • Confirmed 6/4
  • Original estimate "end of June", now "July to early August"
I emailed my DS asking about the 1.49% loan which states you must have delivery by the end of June. He called and is a good talker (I mean that in the best way if you are reading this S) but in retrospect he did not directly answer the question.

What he did say:
  1. He is pushing for a 6/19 build date and delivery here by 6/30. He sent an email scheduling my pickup for 6/30. My Tesla is unchanged. OR,
  2. Worst case they will detail in Fremont and drop-ship directly to my home. He said if we did that we could do the paperwork in June even if the car wasn't delivered until July.
I'm still not sure if he is just telling me what he thinks I want to hear. I tend to take people and companies at their word - that's why to me "delivery in June" means just that. Sure, things can go wrong - I'm still assuming that date was an ignorant web engineer but still he represents the company to the new customer.

Of course the above implies we do indeed have a ticking clock on the special loan rate.

I'm skeptical but I'll admit he appears to be trying very hard. We'll see - I hope he is right!

Like you, I'm in Michigan. I ordered on 5/10, received confirmation on 5/17, production started on 6/2. It's currently "under production". It's odd that I would've ordered after you, but I'm further ahead in production. I ordered a 90D. I can only assume it's because you got a 100. I bet our cars end up on the same truck/train and get delivered around the same time.

My 2 cents - email the DS for an update. The one in Cleveland responds within 1 business day and seems to have a handle on what's up.

My 90d order was confirmed on the 18th.... Mine is still waiting for production..... :-(