Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my MS on 9/23 with a EOQ deal. The car was already built and was awaiting paint. I live in Maryland and part of the deal was that the car would be delivered to my home rather than the SC which is only 10 miles away. Question? Why are they doing this? Does it have something to do with Tesla financial reporting? The DS is making a big deal of home delivery. I would prefer to have the prep done locally and pick it up at the SC. Thoughts?

Ordered my MS on 9/23 with a EOQ deal. The car was already built and was awaiting paint. I live in Maryland and part of the deal was that the car would be delivered to my home rather than the SC which is only 10 miles away. Question? Why are they doing this? Does it have something to do with Tesla financial reporting? The DS is making a big deal of home delivery. I would prefer to have the prep done locally and pick it up at the SC. Thoughts?

Did you happen to pay for it in-full by 9/30? If so, it may have been counted as a Q3 sale, which is why delivery at home could be happening.

I order my MS75 (RWD) on September 6th, confirmed September 10th. I am currently showing a delivery window of October 16-23.

Just set me delivery for October 17th. This is actually quite a bit quicker than what I was originally planning for.

My only two critiques of the buying experience have been related to the timing of the delivery and quoting financing terms. When I purchased the car there was a 0.99% financing offer. Because I did my homework on here, I understood that I would likely not get the 0.99% rate even though that was what was quoted when I placed my order. I ended up getting 1.49%, which is still great, however I wish they would extend the financing terms to a 60 day lock so that the buyer actually has a chance to get the financing terms that were quoted up front. I get that the fine print tells me that delivery must take place in 30 days, but transparency is always good. Incentivizing people to order a car with "0.99% financing" while knowing that the purchaser won't be able to take delivery within 30 days seems to lack that transparency. I also wish that the delivery date was a little more exact than what played out. I would think there's a way to get delivery a little more exact than "end of October or first of November."

• Informative
Reactions: pvazquez03
Don't wait for the call - be proactive and call your DS to setup a time.
Did they call you ahead of time prior to delivery? Or like the night before?

Communication has been so dead with me. I’m expected a delivery this weekend but no calls yet to schedule or whatever.

I agree with everyone to be proactive but my DS has been really good. If it was quiet I would get someone on the phone.

Received my 2014 CPO Model S60 yesterday and the driver's seat looked like this...

Also, chrome trim on driver's side is crooked going from front door to back door... it irks me.

Center console was dirty and I found old business cards and a pack of mints with the cup holder walls kinda crusty with old coffee...

Car also maxes out at 170 miles of range... the Tesla employees told me this was "predicted range" based on driving behavior... this was in the delivery room and the yellow line showing usage in the previous 30 miles was flat. I kinda felt like I was lied to and I'm worried the range of my S60 is really going to be 170 max vs anywhere closer to 200 miles because that's like a 15% degradation on the battery and the records show the car was a service/loaner vehicle with Tesla prior...

Received my 2014 CPO Model S60 yesterday and the driver's seat looked like this...

Also, chrome trim on driver's side is crooked going from front door to back door... it irks me.

Center console was dirty and I found old business cards and a pack of mints with the cup holder walls kinda crusty with old coffee...

Car also maxes out at 170 miles of range... the Tesla employees told me this was "predicted range" based on driving behavior... this was in the delivery room and the yellow line showing usage in the previous 30 miles was flat. I kinda felt like I was lied to and I'm worried the range of my S60 is really going to be 170 max vs anywhere closer to 200 miles because that's like a 15% degradation on the battery and the records show the car was a service/loaner vehicle with Tesla prior...
maybe your battery just unbalanced