Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats @mandersen! Nice wheels too. Are those the new grey slipstreams? I'm hoping to achieve a similar look by having my silver slipstreams powder-coated grey. It will only cost me $640 CAD vs $3300 for the OEM grey wheels (plus the cost of a rental car while it's in the shop for a day or two).

Mine has the adaptive headlights but I ordered the PUP back in mid-July before they offered the adaptive lights as a standard feature anyway.

BTW, it seems my delivery photo attachment didn't work in my last post so I'll try it again...
Tesla-Delivery-IMG_1221-small.jpg

I'm planning on getting the windows tinted at 20% all around plus 70% on the windshield as well as a ceramic paint coating, paint protection film, powder coating the wheels dark grey (like the new OEMs), powder coating the calpers red and adding a glossy carbon fibre spoiler. Can't wait to get it all done. I'm hoping the darker windows will enhance the visibility out of the glass roof since it's tough to see anything out of it right now.

Reactions: pvazquez03
To those who are taking delivery or have taken delivery recently:

The door handles evidently require a little more pressure on them than previous models in order to trigger them to present (ex. when the key is in the car and you want to open the handles from the outside).

I made a service center appointment this morning because the handles weren't coming out only to have them politely show me that I was doing it wrong o_O. Oops. I wasn't pushing hard enough.

The door handles evidently require a little more pressure on them than previous models in order to trigger them to present (ex. when the key is in the car and you want to open the handles from the outside).

I made a service center appointment this morning because the handles weren't coming out only to have them politely show me that I was doing it wrong o_O. Oops. I wasn't pushing hard enough.
Thanks for the info. I too was surprised at how hard I had to press on the handles to get them to open. I figured it would just need a light touch, but I'm glad to hear it's not something wrong with my particular car.

Thanks for the info. I too was surprised at how hard I had to press on the handles to get them to open. I figured it would just need a light touch, but I'm glad to hear it's not something wrong with my particular car.

They told me that this was a side effect of changes to the handles that were implemented to make them simpler and thus more reliable. I'm not going to complain about more reliable handles!

Congrats @mandersen! Nice wheels too. Are those the new grey slipstreams? I'm hoping to achieve a similar look by having my silver slipstreams powder-coated grey. It will only cost me $640 CAD vs $3300 for the OEM grey wheels (plus the cost of a rental car while it's in the shop for a day or two).

Mine has the adaptive headlights but I ordered the PUP back in mid-July before they offered the adaptive lights as a standard feature anyway.

BTW, it seems my delivery photo attachment didn't work in my last post so I'll try it again...
View attachment 251648

I'm planning on getting the windows tinted at 20% all around plus 70% on the windshield as well as a ceramic paint coating, paint protection film, powder coating the wheels dark grey (like the new OEMs), powder coating the calpers red and adding a glossy carbon fibre spoiler. Can't wait to get it all done. I'm hoping the darker windows will enhance the visibility out of the glass roof since it's tough to see anything out of it right now.
Nice looking car. Send a pic of the rims after you get them done.

It's been a long two months for me...Swapped my 75D order a week ago for one of those now sold out 90D (AP2.5, new drive unit, etc).

A week later (today). Car is apparently on a truck heading en route to be delivered to my home from the Pensylvania Area of the country. So worst case I'd expect no longer than a week?

I got final papers to sign via email. Just waiting until tomorrow to make some changes to the final paperwork and then schedule a time to stop in the local Tesla location to drop off the financing check from the bank.

Reactions: kidjim25
It's been a long two months for me...Swapped my 75D order a week ago for one of those now sold out 90D (AP2.5, new drive unit, etc).

A week later (today). Car is apparently on a truck heading en route to be delivered to my home from the Pensylvania Area of the country. So worst case I'd expect no longer than a week?

I got final papers to sign via email. Just waiting until tomorrow to make some changes to the final paperwork and then schedule a time to stop in the local Tesla location to drop off the financing check from the bank.
Congrats!!

Reactions: Bebop
Last update this morning after I asked was the car was at a train hub in Southern Illinois. I would assume it would arrive at the nearby service center today or tomorrow if indeed it is traveling via truck. It's only about a 5 1/2 hour drive down to the most southern point of Illinois.

Anyone order last Saturday 9/30? I ordered an inventory car that was at a hub down south. I signed all paperwork and financing stuff at the local showroom on Saturday but its been radio silence since. I know some of you have waited months, so I am whining to the wrong people. I just expected to hear something....even if that something was along the lines of "you'll see it in a month."

Anyone order last Saturday 9/30? I ordered an inventory car that was at a hub down south. I signed all paperwork and financing stuff at the local showroom on Saturday but its been radio silence since. I know some of you have waited months, so I am whining to the wrong people. I just expected to hear something....even if that something was along the lines of "you'll see it in a month."

Yeah it's been pretty dead in terms of any updates. I've had to ask myself where the car is. It seems to be a common theme of lack of regular updates. I would call and ask.

I brought my new 75D in for the same reason. I traded in my 2013 MS60, which only needed a light touch anywhere on the handle to get them to extend. On the new car I also thought something was wrong when I almost got locked out of the car because the fob and phone were both in the car when the handles had retracted. Luckily I was home and used the spare fob. I did not expect to need so much more pressure directly on the center of the handle to get them to work. The driver side seems to need extra pressure and about 3 or 4 tries to get it to work. Since I never had a problem with the handles on my 2013, this change seems excessive. But I guess enough people did have problems that they needed to make a change.

I brought my new 75D in for the same reason. I traded in my 2013 MS60, which only needed a light touch anywhere on the handle to get them to extend. On the new car I also thought something was wrong when I almost got locked out of the car because the fob and phone were both in the car when the handles had retracted. Luckily I was home and used the spare fob. I did not expect to need so much more pressure directly on the center of the handle to get them to work. The driver side seems to need extra pressure and about 3 or 4 tries to get it to work. Since I never had a problem with the handles on my 2013, this change seems excessive. But I guess enough people did have problems that they needed to make a change.
I don't know what's going on with those handles! Sometimes a soft push is all it takes, but sometimes I have to press many times and very hard. Often enough I give up and use the keyfob instead: the double-click works every time.