Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DC when they pull the first one let them know you plan on a second line and have them pull a drag line for the second line. that should be a no cost change. You don't want to cut up the drywall a second time. When they do the second line they just tie to the drag line and pull it.

anyone if you have a 200 amp panel in your house the difference between the 50A plug or the 60A wall charger should not be a factor. Smaller service yes it would need to be considered. Here locally all new house are required to have 200A service. the larger homes have 400A. Way over kill to do anything you want.

Good idea, will ask him for the 'drag line'

Forgot to add:
Tentative delivery scheduled 3/7, Tampa Florida.

Over the moon excited :)
I’m guessing this is the case. I ordered a solid black 75D w premium black interior with ash, dark headliner, 19” wheels and EAP.

Ordered 1/27
Confirmed 1/30
VIN 1/31
Tentative Delivery Scheduled 3/7

I guess you can add me to the "In Production" club! Status updated earlier today.

In production 2/16

Reactions: HA3AP
Another update from my end. I was shocked to get another call from the Tesla a few min back that my car has been built and has been chosen for an accelerated (Train) delivery . I can have it as soon as the 27th Feb!! Ofcourse, I checked online and see the message "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory" :)

Now I really need to get going on the loan, outlet, prepping my car for sale, etc etc. Fun times!!!

Another update from my end. I was shocked to get another call from the Tesla a few min back that my car has been built and has been chosen for an accelerated (Train) delivery . I can have it as soon as the 27th Feb!! Ofcourse, I checked online and see the message "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory" :)

Now I really need to get going on the loan, outlet, prepping my car for sale, etc etc. Fun times!!!

WOW that is a surprise! is that 2 or 4 weeks early? Congradulations

Congratulations!! Don’t forget about road trips. Time to start planning those too.

I emailed my DS (impatience got a hold of me!), and he at least was able to tell me that production isn't scheduled until the first week of March (so at least I can stop obsessively checking the website!) and hopefully delivery the 3rd week of March or so. :) Hopefully it'll stick to that, and it sounds like from most other posters, that tends to be the case, or even early!
Can't wait!

Thats awesome! Seems that my vehicle was built the first Feb 8th - 11th, yet will arrive last... Granted Im all the way in Toronto Canada, please keep me updated with delivery details, pictures, and any changes in my 2018! ENJOY!!!

I agree. That's a pretty good price for all the work done. BTW, did you guys get the wiring for 50 Amps (14-50) or 60 Amps so you can upgrade to tesla Wall charger at a later date? Just wondering...need to decide on that. Adds ~100 on top of the 50 Amp wiring. Thoughts?
I got the 14-50 and never thought about the wall charger because I didn't want to pay another $500 for the wall charger. I am not sure I ever would want that but I might. Now I am thinking maybe I should've done that.....What different would I have had to have done to have the 60amps? Different wiring? I know absolutely nothing about electrical but my husband can wire lights in and ceiling fans etc. but none of the stuff we had done to get the 15-40 installed. Just curious. Thanks!

WOW!!!! Accelerated delivery? OMG. That is unreal! Congratulations!!!!
Guess what? I got an email from my DS today and instead of ETA Feb. 23 with delivery Feb. 27th, NOW my ETA is Feb. 21 and delivery at Noon on Friday, Feb. 23rd. NEXT FRIDAY!!! SO, you may get yours even earlier! Better get going on that "to do" list!!! So exciting!

WOW!!!! Accelerated delivery? OMG. That is unreal! Congratulations!!!!
Guess what? I got an email from my DS today and instead of ETA Feb. 23 with delivery Feb. 27th, NOW my ETA is Feb. 21 and delivery at Noon on Friday, Feb. 23rd. NEXT FRIDAY!!! SO, you may get yours even earlier! Better get going on that "to do" list!!! So exciting!

Look at you go! Thats awesome, still no updates from my ds, hope to get mine early as well. based on what I see I might get my last week of feb. although my ds is suggesting first week of march, we'll see... Keep use updated with your delivery experience...

Reactions: CBPfromTN
I got the 14-50 and never thought about the wall charger because I didn't want to pay another $500 for the wall charger. I am not sure I ever would want that but I might. Now I am thinking maybe I should've done that.....What different would I have had to have done to have the 60amps? Different wiring? I know absolutely nothing about electrical but my husband can wire lights in and ceiling fans etc. but none of the stuff we had done to get the 15-40 installed. Just curious. Thanks!

I got the wall charger a few weeks back and someone’s coming to install it today. They said it’d be $400. Seems like a solid deal!

Assuming your electrician ran 6 gauge cooper wire you should be able to just swap out the 50 amp breaker with 60 on one end and the 14-50 with the wall charger on the other end. Technically you can even keep the 50amp breaker it would just be slightly slower charging. I look at the wall charger being more of a convenience then anything. I like being able to keep the other charger in the car and the wall unit is a little nicer looking install. With your Tesla enthusiasm I suspect you will get at least one referral and you can get Elon’s signature wall charger for free.

When and where did you order? My order was placed Jan 11th, production Feb 8th -11th yet as per my ds the vehicle is still at the factory... (Shows as in transportation online since feb 11th) Did you ds confirm that your vehicle has left the factory and is on its way?

Thanks.
I ordered on the Dec 27th over the phone with Mike from the Yorkdale Store. I was told that production was finished and it was in transit. The website says the same. Don’t know if it has actually moved from Fremont or not. For what it is worth, I have been told to expect delivery around the 15th of March.

Both our vehicles will probably arrive around the same time.