Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming your electrician ran 6 gauge cooper wire you should be able to just swap out the 50 amp breaker with 60 on one end and the 14-50 with the wall charger on the other end. Technically you can even keep the 50amp breaker it would just be slightly slower charging. I look at the wall charger being more of a convenience then anything. I like being able to keep the other charger in the car and the wall unit is a little nicer looking install. With your Tesla enthusiasm I suspect you will get at least one referral and you can get Elon’s signature wall charger for free.
Hmmmm, probably will eventually inquire about that wall charger! I am so excited. My husband just shakes his head when I start in about what all my new Tesla will do! He laughs and jokes about the things he THINKS I will do. Just last night he "warned" me about getting a speeding ticket, LOL. I do tend to have a lead foot (when he isn't around....) I won't be driving 90mph on my way to Memphis anymore though because I'll have to figure out how to work out the timing between Super chargers. (Thankfully he doesn't read anything on this forum..) Once I get the hang of this, I'll be back to my usual self and hoping that I am not going to be a police magnet. It's not easy to tell the Model S from other new sedans its size when it's going by really fast, sooooooo........maybe I am going to be ok. If I get stopped, I'll come up with something but I am pretty careful. :)

Indeed! Hopefully I get good news saying it’s gone into production soon.
Oh, I hope so too! I think things are picking up. What what I've been told, the
Hey everyone! I was talking to my OA the other day, and he told me my ending of line was 2/19, but my Tesla page doesn’t even mention being in production. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is the webpage a big let down?
Hello there. My DS never told me a date until I spoke to someone at corporate who said that my production end date was 2/19 but when I inquired with my DS, she sent me an email stating that production was to begin between mid Feb and end of Feb with delivery being between mid March and end of March. Fast forward to Feb. 8th, my order page said "Your Tesla is currently in production." I checked with my OA, he looked it up and said it looked like 2/19 should be the finish date as well. THEN, my DS contacted me by email saying that ETA was Feb. 23 with delivery on Feb. 27. THEN, she sent me an email 2 days ago and said my ETA had been bumped up to Feb. 21 and could I take delivery on Friday, Feb. 23. I said "NO." <<<Just kidding!!!>>> I was elated and said "Absolutely!" SO, that being said, do not feel too bad because you are right where I was and now look! You may get an email or phone call any day giving you an ETA date. Also, your page will change to say that your Tesla is "in transit" once it does leave Fremont, so that's fun to watch! Good luck and I'll bet you get an email soon!!

I got the wall charger a few weeks back and someone’s coming to install it today. They said it’d be $400. Seems like a solid deal!

Update: Highly recommend Chams Electrical Services in Houston TX. They did a fantastic job and at a superb price! Now time to wait for the Model S :p

Attachments

• 6CCD71FD-CF73-46A7-A8C6-8EB022FFBEDC.jpeg
    6CCD71FD-CF73-46A7-A8C6-8EB022FFBEDC.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: CBPfromTN
I got the 14-50 and never thought about the wall charger because I didn't want to pay another $500 for the wall charger. I am not sure I ever would want that but I might. Now I am thinking maybe I should've done that.....What different would I have had to have done to have the 60amps? Different wiring? I know absolutely nothing about electrical but my husband can wire lights in and ceiling fans etc. but none of the stuff we had done to get the 15-40 installed. Just curious. Thanks!

CBP if you can read the Power cable look for the conductor size if it is #6/3 with ground you will be good for wall charger. If it says #8/3 with ground you stuck with the 40 amp plug which is fine for overnight charging.

There was a good thread on the model 3 forum where guys were comparing the plug in units and how the 3 charges at a lower rate and told everyone to hold on to there S portable chargers which work on 3 at faster rate . They compared every case and I just wanted to have the higher charge rate if I need it. On the weekends I can drive 250 miles real quick so I just want to be able to charge faster

Plus you could get the wall charger with a referral

I ordered on the Dec 27th over the phone with Mike from the Yorkdale Store. I was told that production was finished and it was in transit. The website says the same. Don’t know if it has actually moved from Fremont or not. For what it is worth, I have been told to expect delivery around the 15th of March.

Both our vehicles will probably arrive around the same time.
Oh, I hope so too! I think things are picking up. What what I've been told, the

Hello there. My DS never told me a date until I spoke to someone at corporate who said that my production end date was 2/19 but when I inquired with my DS, she sent me an email stating that production was to begin between mid Feb and end of Feb with delivery being between mid March and end of March. Fast forward to Feb. 8th, my order page said "Your Tesla is currently in production." I checked with my OA, he looked it up and said it looked like 2/19 should be the finish date as well. THEN, my DS contacted me by email saying that ETA was Feb. 23 with delivery on Feb. 27. THEN, she sent me an email 2 days ago and said my ETA had been bumped up to Feb. 21 and could I take delivery on Friday, Feb. 23. I said "NO." <<<Just kidding!!!>>> I was elated and said "Absolutely!" SO, that being said, do not feel too bad because you are right where I was and now look! You may get an email or phone call any day giving you an ETA date. Also, your page will change to say that your Tesla is "in transit" once it does leave Fremont, so that's fun to watch! Good luck and I'll bet you get an email soon!!

Can you keep checking your tesla account on daily basis, and keep us posting what the next step after in transportation is? Thanks...

Can you keep checking your tesla account on daily basis, and keep us posting what the next step after in transportation is? Thanks...
Absolutely! ETA in Nashville this coming Wednesday, Feb. 21 and pick up (delivery) Friday, Feb. 23, 2018. This is what my order page says: "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory. Learn about your Tesla."

Reactions: HA3AP
Absolutely! ETA in Nashville this coming Wednesday, Feb. 21 and pick up (delivery) Friday, Feb. 23, 2018. This is what my order page says: "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory. Learn about your Tesla."
I got the same order page message so hopefully my vehicle is also on its way, no updates from my ds on eta or delivery... Keep me updated.

Thanks.

I got the same order page message so hopefully my vehicle is also on its way, no updates from my ds on eta or delivery... Keep me updated.

Thanks.
Apparently, they don't call you until it's on its way, actually on the truck or rail car. I never heard from my DS except for actual production info and then ETA and when I could expect to take delivery. Your order page will also tell you when your Tesla is on its way. Here is what mine says now: "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." SO, you will probably ee that before you hear from your DS. So, be looking for that and keep me posted on what happens!! It will surprise you, you will be on your computer and remember to look and then, SHOCK! It will say it's on its way!!! Good luck! Hope it's this week!

Reactions: HA3AP
Apparently, they don't call you until it's on its way, actually on the truck or rail car. I never heard from my DS except for actual production info and then ETA and when I could expect to take delivery. Your order page will also tell you when your Tesla is on its way. Here is what mine says now: "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." SO, you will probably ee that before you hear from your DS. So, be looking for that and keep me posted on what happens!! It will surprise you, you will be on your computer and remember to look and then, SHOCK! It will say it's on its way!!! Good luck! Hope it's this week!

Ive had the following message under my tesla account "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." since feb 11th... Yet no phone call or update from my ds regarding eta or delivery date... Last I heard was first week of march delivery. Hopefully Ill get a concrete date next week. Good luck with your delivery, youre almost there! Keep us updated...

My first post ...

Placed my order 12/16
Confirmed on 12/20
VIN posted on the website 1/25
Saw the status change to Vehicle in Production on 2/16

I haven’t heard anything from my DS.

I have a factory tour scheduled on the 21st. I don’t know if I’ll be able to see it on or off the line.

Seems things may be moving a little quicker or I am just not realizing how fast the days are going by. Ordered on 1/7, confirmed 1/10 and two days ago 2/16 I got the your Tesla had been built and is in transit.
That is FAST. The days go by very slowly when waiting on a Tesla to arrive. Actually I am taking delivery of my Model S this coming Friday, February 23. I ordered Dec. 11th, 2017. Not bad but it sure seems like it's been a long time when actually, it has not been that long. Good luck and I hope you get your Tesla soon as well!

Reactions: el_tlatoani
Ive had the following message under my tesla account "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." since feb 11th... Yet no phone call or update from my ds regarding eta or delivery date... Last I heard was first week of march delivery. Hopefully Ill get a concrete date next week. Good luck with your delivery, youre almost there! Keep us updated...
That's strange! That doesn't make sense, to me. I would be calling my DS on Monday! Keep us posted as well. Thanks for the well wishes. I am really ready for this!!!!