Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CBPfromTN - It's great to hear you had an excellent experience with Marlin's. I plan on taking my Tesla there once it gets delivered in May.

2018 Model S 75D in Midnight Metallic Silver with White Interior / Ordered 2/16, Confirmed 2/19, Estimated Delivery May 2018
Oh, you will LOVE Chris Marlin! He is so conscientious and so determined to do the best work he can. He goes above and beyond and is very proud of his work, as he should be. I've never seen such attention to detail and quest for perfection. ChrisChris also will tell you exactly what you need to do to maintain your car in the best condition and he's just a wealth of knowledge. I am SO glad I found out about him, I will NEVER use anyone else to work on the exterior of my car! I plan to drive from Hendersonville to get him to detail it when I feel it needs it but I know now that I can take care of it myself too.
Thank you!!! I have been hearing that a lot about what part of the quarter you order in possibly determining the delivery timing. About that readily available acceleration, I think I am most excited about that lol
Oh yes OH YES! The rapid acceleration is just awesome!!!! OMG, I have more fun with that than anything just about! I am going to get a ticket, I just know it LOL. I'll just talk and maybe shed a tear or two if that happens and I'll get out of it like I always do tho :eek:

Were you able to ask your guy if there were any benefits to applying both XPEL (~$2,250) and Opti-Coat Pro (~$1,995) treatments? Spoke to a detailer and he stated most MS vehicles he has treated in the SF Bay Area got both. But it seems like a lot of $$$!
I agree that is a lot of $$$$ I did ask him about the XPel on the very front of the car and he said that I would have to have the Opti-Coat removed first and then have the XPel applied and then Opti-Coat back on top of that. I believe he thinks it wouldn't be a bad idea to have had both but I wasn't going to put that much into it to have both put on my entire car even though he said some people do that. He works with a technician who does the XPel and he does the Opti-Coat afterwards, they work in tandem. I didn't even think to ask about the price and should have at least inquired about the price of the XPel on the hood and front of the car because believe it or not, I sustained a very VERY small rock chip on my way home from picking my car up! I wasn't sure what it was, it was white but just a speck.....I was surprised that it happened that fast. I still may go back, have the Opti-Coat Pro Plus removed from the front bumper and hood and have the XPel applied and then Opti-Coat on top of that but I'm going to wait and see how it wears. I imagine that black is the worst for showing rock chips but maybe not. White could be just as bad. Not sure about any of that right now but I will get my Opti-Coat technician to touch that small speck of white up soon.

Nor me, S100D ordered 12/26, confirmed 12/29, VIN 1/10. Still not in production. Happy to see progress from all others but frustrated with radio silence from Tesla reps.
Wow, that's strange! I would be calling! In fact, I did speak to someone in Fremont at corporate before my DS knew anything and found out the scheduled completion date of my car! AND, he was RIGHT! Maybe do that. Call corporate and ask. It worked for me!

Not to step on CBP, I asked the shop here and he recommended the XPEL on the front clip to prevent the paint chips. That was all he said here. I have heard previous posts to also minimize the damage from door dings.
That's right!!! Mine said that too. I guess I should've done it, too.....I already have a stupid rock chip on my hood! Probably got it the day I picked it up from getting it coated! It's very small but it's white and I was like, UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I may be taking it back and having Chris remove the Opti-Coat on the front of the car, have the other tech apply the XPel (clear bra) to the front bumper and hood, however they do that and then have Chris reapply the Opti-Coat Pro Plus. Should've done it but I really didn't think I would have one so fast. Must be that soft Tesla paint! Grrrr

Were you able to ask your guy if there were any benefits to applying both XPEL (~$2,250) and Opti-Coat Pro (~$1,995) treatments? Spoke to a detailer and he stated most MS vehicles he has treated in the SF Bay Area got both. But it seems like a lot of $$$!

Wait is that just the bra for Xpel?
I assume 2250 is just the bra and not the entire car?

People also get both because it makes the Xpel look really good.
Its not as heavy of a coat or as many coats as if u didnt have Xpel, but when i get my car Xpel'd i think im gonna have 3 coats of either Opti or CQ.

Man, you guys are lucky to live outside of California - ppf is crazy expensive out here :)

Sigh tell me about it..
I was quoted ~ $6,000 just for the full body Xpel.

I also wanted some extra stuff done like blacking out the chrome, and i also asked if he could install alloygaters as well for my rims.
So he said he would work with me on the final price after i get my car.

But it sucks living in Cali, other then the 2 seasons we get... which is summer, and even more summer.
At least were not having to change to winter tires every year.

Reactions: DMack and CBPfromTN
Going rate around here is around $2500 for a front (hood, fender, bumpers, mirrors) Xpel wrap and coating. They seem to like the Gtechniq products over Opti-Coat for some reason. The key as CBP says is to find a great detailer, it is all in the prep. The guy I plan to use has done over 30 Teslas and his web site is loaded with awesome Ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis, Jaguars and other classics he has done.

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Do you have a number @ corporate handy CBP?
Do you have a number @ corporate handy CBP?
Yep! Corporate for Optimum is actually in Memphis, where I grew up, 225 miles from where I live now (in the Nashville, TN area,) so I am there a lot. Here is their contact information, in full :
Optimum Polymer Technologies, Inc.
4130 Senator Street Memphis, TN 38118 USA
[email protected]
1-901-363-4955

C855138B-E337-4E25-BE06-8CE3485DF712.jpeg
D78718CE-9950-4033-B5A8-A4FE9D2B4701.jpeg
EC12F1AF-8611-4B97-B827-2B4C26B59391.jpeg
The day finally came. Of course on crappy evening in SoFL