Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kirbytazzy—DS In WPP? Apparently so. I sent a note today to the SLC “Galery Advisor” with whom I took my test ride. He was quite responsive earlier. I’ll let you know if/when I hear anything. Patience is not my strongest quality so I was deliberately ignoring the wait through Jan/Feb. Now that March is at hand I’m mildly losing my mind. (Discovering this forum and seeing folks get delivery in 7-10 weeks isn’t helping. Sob!)

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Idaho_Steve--Yep, no patience here either. I would assume by loitering on this forum lately that
the west coast bound cars are being produced last in the current quarter as I think your car and mine are probably
a 2 day truck ride away from the factory. I gave my OA and DS ample opportunity to either deny or confirm that
without the usual scripted "we'll contact you to set up a delivery date when car is in transit" BS after pointing out
that people who ordered well after us already have production dates. I even sent other's screen prints from
Tesla's own website confirming this and she replied "I don't know where these people are getting these
production dates".YIKES!! Makes me crazy!!

Wait is that just the bra for Xpel?
I assume 2250 is just the bra and not the entire car?

People also get both because it makes the Xpel look really good.
Its not as heavy of a coat or as many coats as if u didnt have Xpel, but when i get my car Xpel'd i think im gonna have 3 coats of either Opti or CQ.

Sigh tell me about it..
I was quoted ~ $6,000 just for the full body Xpel.

I also wanted some extra stuff done like blacking out the chrome, and i also asked if he could install alloygaters as well for my rims.
So he said he would work with me on the final price after i get my car.

But it sucks living in Cali, other then the 2 seasons we get... which is summer, and even more summer.
At least were not having to change to winter tires every year.

The $2,250 XPEL includes: Full Hood, Full Fenders, Full Front Bumper, Headlights, Fog Lights, Mirrors and Door Cups

That's right!!! Mine said that too. I guess I should've done it, too.....I already have a stupid rock chip on my hood! Probably got it the day I picked it up from getting it coated! It's very small but it's white and I was like, UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I may be taking it back and having Chris remove the Opti-Coat on the front of the car, have the other tech apply the XPel (clear bra) to the front bumper and hood, however they do that and then have Chris reapply the Opti-Coat Pro Plus. Should've done it but I really didn't think I would have one so fast. Must be that soft Tesla paint! Grrrr

Oh that sucks, what you had the car on the road two days?:mad: I'll be the guy parking in the last spot trying not to get dinged until I get the first one.

Go look at the thread with the guy who got the wood molding through his bumper.

I didn't get any door dings or anything on my Volt for the longest time. Then one day while charging overnight I come back and my hood is smashed:eek:. No note nothing, fortunately my Neighbors had a high end video camera filmed these AC mechanic's working on the unit next to me and there 40' extension ladder blew over in the wind and landed on my car, trapped them on the roof. They called for help and tried to sneak away. My Neighbor absolutely denied it ready to fight. Guess who looked stupid when we showed them the video.

Oh that sucks, what you had the car on the road two days?:mad: I'll be the guy parking in the last spot trying not to get dinged until I get the first one.

Go look at the thread with the guy who got the wood molding through his bumper.

I didn't get any door dings or anything on my Volt for the longest time. Then one day while charging overnight I come back and my hood is smashed:eek:. No note nothing, fortunately my Neighbors had a high end video camera filmed these AC mechanic's working on the unit next to me and there 40' extension ladder blew over in the wind and landed on my car, trapped them on the roof. They called for help and tried to sneak away. My Neighbor absolutely denied it ready to fight. Guess who looked stupid when we showed them the video.
Wow! What a story! That is so cool that your neighbor's camera caught that! Ha ha HA!!! So, I guess they had to end up paying for the repair, I hope? That just makes my day that you caught that!
When we built this (our last) home in 2005, back then hardly anyone had security cams but I had seen them on one of the homes in the Parade of Homes and I wanted them (I love gadgets;)) so I had cams installed so I could see the front porch, the front driveway, the turn around in the back and under the deck on the back of the house and on the corners and sides. I like to see who's in my driveway etc. Now everyone has them but even back in 2005, they were very useful to me, if for no other reason to decide whether or not I wanted to answer the door or to see who is driving up the driveway. I am so glad your neighbor had that too! As for door dings, I don't get door dings because I strategically park (as you do,). BUT, I guess a rock must've hit the front of the hood while I was driving home for the first time, from the shop. It's sooooo tiny I might even dab it with a black Sharpie, it's really only the size of the comma ( , ) so I am not too upset about it but of course, I'm not happy. I may call my Opti-Coat technician to see what he recommends but it's really not bad but it IS THERE.
So...change of subject (again) How long did you have your Volt and how long was it before you decided on a Tesla? Not sure if you still have it but can you tell me about it? Thx!

CBP--Thanks much for the #s and congrats on the Black Magic!!!
You're most welcome! It's apparently a great company and the scientist who invented this product lives and is from Memphis and when I go to my parents' home to see my family, I am going to look him up! Keep me posted on what you decide! AND, the more I drive Black Magic, the more in love I am with this car. I was so nervous driving it home on the interstate on Friday that I had to drive around town once I got back home to really enjoy it. Now all I want to do is drive!!! (and I am a homebody...only put 9000 miles on my 2016 Avalon that I just sold that I had for 2 years and most of those were highway miles! I just like being home but all I want to do is get in my car and GO!)

Reactions: Doanster1
Update:
Ordered 10/09/17
Confirmed 10/16/17
VIN received 12/02/17
VIN changed from HF to JF 12/20/17
Delivery announced 03/09/18
S 75D Midnight Silver Metallic

It just makes no sense.

At the risk of jinxing my OWN delivery date, I just don't understand how a car ordered in OCTOBER is going to beat the delivery date of a car ordered on February 12th by only 2 weeks! I spoke to my DA yesterday, he confirmed my car hits the line on the 12th and delivers to me on the 23rd.

Switzerland surely adds a couple of weeks for the slow boat and a week for customs plus let's add another week to make it an even 4 weeks. That still 4 months compared to my 6 weeks....

Now I've done it.... I probably won't get my car until June now.... :)

That pesky man Murphy and his stupid laws. Nature always sides with the hidden flaw...

Idaho_Steve--Yep, no patience here either. I would assume by loitering on this forum lately that
the west coast bound cars are being produced last in the current quarter as I think your car and mine are probably
a 2 day truck ride away from the factory. I gave my OA and DS ample opportunity to either deny or confirm that
without the usual scripted "we'll contact you to set up a delivery date when car is in transit" BS after pointing out
that people who ordered well after us already have production dates. I even sent other's screen prints from
Tesla's own website confirming this and she replied "I don't know where these people are getting these
production dates".YIKES!! Makes me crazy!!
It just makes no sense.

At the risk of jinxing my OWN delivery date, I just don't understand how a car ordered in OCTOBER is going to beat the delivery date of a car ordered on February 12th by only 2 weeks! I spoke to my DA yesterday, he confirmed my car hits the line on the 12th and delivers to me on the 23rd.

Switzerland surely adds a couple of weeks for the slow boat and a week for customs plus let's add another week to make it an even 4 weeks. That still 4 months compared to my 6 weeks....

Now I've done it.... I probably won't get my car until June now.... :)

That pesky man Murphy and his stupid laws. Nature always sides with the hidden flaw...[/QUOT]
I don't get it either. That makes NO sense at all. I ordered my Model S on Dec. 11, 2017 and took delivery on Feb. 22nd. Of course there are all these others who are like me, ordered, waited a bit longer than a LOT but not as long as you've waited. I would want to know WHY. You deserve to know why it has taken so long, IMO. :mad:

My two kids are making fun of me all the time now because I am like a little kid waiting for a big Christmas gift.
I am not that into cars, I had Porsche, BMW, Jaguar before, never really excited. But this time, I am so looking forward to it. I guess the Tesla is more like a techy toy for me and the driving experience is just so different.

Maybe we can get two cars discount? :) they also offer caliper coating, but no mentioning of caliper painting. Thinking of paining them red.

I spoke on the phone to the owner of Buff Guys and also the owner of Shine Auto Salon, also in Alpharetta. It is a 3 hour drive for me so obviously I didn't get to evaluate their operation. Seeing their shop would help me decide who to work with.
They both carry Opti-coat and Xpel. Buff Guys has his Opti-coat package prices posted on his website; I had to request a price quote on the Expel. Doing both is expensive although it is apparently a huge bargain compared to what they are paying on the west coast.
The guys on the west coast could ship their cars here, get Expel and Opti-coat and ship them back with money left over.

Expel is a priority for me and the Opti-coat would be nice but I will have to see how the numbers work out.

Both shops offer similar pricing and they told me that they would honor a comparable price quote from another shop. And I should tell you that they are booked out for several weeks, so as soon as I can get a delivery date I will make a reservation.

BTW, I also inquired about some form of windshield protection and off the record I was told that the products currently on the market will enhance the windshield and help keep it clean, but they don't offer protection from nicks and chips.