Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL, I understand! We actually wired some of the rooms for speakers and believe it or not, actually planned to put speakers in the corners of the room, in the top of each four corner INSTEAD of mounting them in the attic above the main floor and having them FLUSH with the ceiling. DUH! We ran all of our internet wiring too and of course most everything is wireless but I will say that having the ethernet able to connect directly if needed is awesome. In our house, the modem is SO far from my theatre room that I couldn't get a good signal so I had to have my audio/video guy wire it directly to the internet because that was one place we didn't wire the internet to.....never thought about finished the area over the 3 car garage into a theatre room, but that was what we did!
I cannot imagine having to run that wiring thru the (finished) basement ceiling!!! You've got your work cut out for you but it will be so nice when you finish! AND then you'll have your new Tesla! Win-Win!!

I had no idea what would happen with technology when our house was built. the contractor cave me 3 days to do what ever conduit we wanted (blue Smurf tube) but it had to pass inspection on Monday. we hit that house on Friday afternoon and kept going till Sunday night. we install about 2000' of smurf tube and firestopped it all by Sunday night. Stuck out like a sore thumb it was so bright against all the wood.
I ran cable TV, surround sound, security lights and stations, Christmas outlets, under counter lights, and risers from the basement to the attic. He just said I see you were busy this weekend. I've probably used half of it. was able to add Fios everywhere no problem.

Who ever thought we would need power for an electric car??? At least it is a code requirement now on new housing.

I had no idea what would happen with technology when our house was built. the contractor cave me 3 days to do what ever conduit we wanted (blue Smurf tube) but it had to pass inspection on Monday. we hit that house on Friday afternoon and kept going till Sunday night. we install about 2000' of smurf tube and firestopped it all by Sunday night. Stuck out like a sore thumb it was so bright against all the wood.
I ran cable TV, surround sound, security lights and stations, Christmas outlets, under counter lights, and risers from the basement to the attic. He just said I see you were busy this weekend. I've probably used half of it. was able to add Fios everywhere no problem.

Who ever thought we would need power for an electric car??? At least it is a code requirement now on new housing.
It IS? What????? It's codes requirement? I don't think it is here in TN, but who knows? Wow. We didn't do anything but wire for internet and speakers. I still have the wires hanging from the molding in the family room, ugh. I think I will get a ladder sometime and just cut the wires from hanging from the corner of the ceiling and walls! The room is so large most people don't notice it but I'm like, "OK. We have been in this house 12 years. Time to cut those stupid wires that we are NEVER going to use!"
Anyhow, I am excited for you! I'll tell you what. I was NEVER a fan of driving. BUT now? OMG.........I want to be in that car ALL THE TIME. This is phenomenal. I cannot wait until you get your Tesla, you won't be on here much because you'll be driving!!!!!

• Informative
Reactions: Reddy Kilowatt
Status update: Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory.

"Ordered midnight silver 75D on 1/17, confirmed 1/20, VIN 1/25, Production started 2/22, In Transit on 2/27, Delivery Appointment is scheduled for 3/21 "

OOOOH. I ordered 1/31, confirmed 2/3, VIN 2/4. I saw that it went into production the day after yours, 2/23.
I haven't heard squat about scheduling my delivery appt though. I'm hoping the car will get to me mid march since I'm out of town the last week! I'm in the KC area, so a little less distance to go for delivery. This waiting is tough.... does make the excitement even higher!

My DS told me that mine would go into production soon, but it's been in the " confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory" state for weeks now :)

I'm ok with waiting (barely) as it gives me time to work on my 14-50 install.

It seems yours and mine are gonna be sisters on the same construction platform and date.

I had mine Ordered 1/13 confirmed on 1/16 Vin 2/13... and it still says is scheduled in our factory for production....
My Vin was assigned the same day yours was.

I already had my technician schedule a final estimate and quote to install my HPWC.

He freaked out when i told him i wanted a 100amp dedicated.
He had done Tesla chargers before but he said most went with a 50amp.

I was pretty insistent on getting that 100amp and cranking the HPWC to 75A, the max a model S can charge at.

He said ideally, i would want to have the actual install done when i get my car, so they can test it out after its installed.
So he is going to install the lines first, and then wait til the car arrives to finalize the wall charger.

The wait is killing me...

Reactions: DMack
OOOOH. I ordered 1/31, confirmed 2/3, VIN 2/4. I saw that it went into production the day after yours, 2/23.
I haven't heard squat about scheduling my delivery appt though. I'm hoping the car will get to me mid march since I'm out of town the last week! I'm in the KC area, so a little less distance to go for delivery. This waiting is tough.... does make the excitement even higher!

Huh that’s interesting. We have the same order/conf./vin dates but yours went into production last Friday and mine on Monday. What time on the 31st did you order?

It seems yours and mine are gonna be sisters on the same construction platform and date.

I had mine Ordered 1/13 confirmed on 1/16 Vin 2/13... and it still says is scheduled in our factory for production....
My Vin was assigned the same day yours was.

I already had my technician schedule a final estimate and quote to install my HPWC.

He freaked out when i told him i wanted a 100amp dedicated.
He had done Tesla chargers before but he said most went with a 50amp.

I was pretty insistent on getting that 100amp and cranking the HPWC to 75A, the max a model S can charge at.

He said ideally, i would want to have the actual install done when i get my car, so they can test it out after its installed.
So he is going to install the lines first, and then wait til the car arrives to finalize the wall charger.

The wait is killing me...

Yep, same order/conform/VIN dates!

Just wondering, what's the reason for going with 100amp over 75?
I'm about to schedule a consultation for the 14-50 install and i want to make sure everything is configured properly.

I'll tell you what. I was NEVER a fan of driving. BUT now? OMG.........I want to be in that car ALL THE TIME. This is phenomenal. I cannot wait until you get your Tesla, you won't be on here much because you'll be driving!!!!!
I’ve enjoyed driving since I got behind the wheel with my learners permit about a half-century ago. I’ve borrowed my wife’s S100D a few evenings just to go for a spin.

She was traveling last weekend, I had dinner Saturday night about a mile from home. Took the long route back - downtown, by the airport, belt highway and then home. Just for the pleasure.

Reactions: CBPfromTN
I’ve enjoyed driving since I got behind the wheel with my learners permit about a half-century ago. I’ve borrowed my wife’s S100D a few evenings just to go for a spin.

She was traveling last weekend, I had dinner Saturday night about a mile from home. Took the long route back - downtown, by the airport, belt highway and then home. Just for the pleasure.
Lol. Feel young again!

Yep, same order/conform/VIN dates!

Just wondering, what's the reason for going with 100amp over 75?
I'm about to schedule a consultation for the 14-50 install and i want to make sure everything is configured properly.

it says in the installation guide:
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...nstallation_manual_80A_en_US.pdf?201612081439
Pg.21

For 75A charging, i need to set the unit to max which is 80A.
@ 80A, the breaker must be set to 100A.

I guess it's Tesla's specs.
I need a new line done anyhow for 240V in the garage so i may as well get it to 100A.
Hopefully i don't end up poping the master breaker if and when i have to charge the car from empty on a hot day competing against the central air.

A Nema 14-50 has a max draw of 40A, so you dont really need a 100amp breaker.
You would be fine on a 50Amp breaker.

I want that extra charge ability incase i don't get the option to plug it in every day.
And if i miss a day, i dont want the car to be in the garage charging the entire day either.

• Informative
Reactions: DMack
It IS? What????? It's codes requirement? I don't think it is here in TN, but who knows? Wow. We didn't do anything but wire for internet and speakers. I still have the wires hanging from the molding in the family room, ugh. I think I will get a ladder sometime and just cut the wires from hanging from the corner of the ceiling and walls! The room is so large most people don't notice it but I'm like, "OK. We have been in this house 12 years. Time to cut those stupid wires that we are NEVER going to use!"
Anyhow, I am excited for you! I'll tell you what. I was NEVER a fan of driving. BUT now? OMG.........I want to be in that car ALL THE TIME. This is phenomenal. I cannot wait until you get your Tesla, you won't be on here much because you'll be driving!!!!!

I’ll have to check the NEC but local codes here and California now require at least an empty conduit for at least one car charger be provided in each new residence on single family homes. They don’t require the wire or charger yet .

On your speaker wires get the ladder and push as much of the wire back in the wall and leave about an inch out. You never know Disco may make a comback.

I’m afraid of how many speeding tickets I may get . I will deffenatly be driving more

Naekuh
What model did you order? 75 or 100 ?
42amp is max for 75. Can 100 still charge at 72? I honestly don’t remember. If so yes go for the hundred in lieu of the 60a for the faster charging. I was concerned about it until I priced out the cable today and said forget it.
There building a super charger within 10 min of my office.

Naekuh
What model did you order? 75 or 100 ?
42amp is max for 75. Can 100 still charge at 72? I honestly don’t remember. If so yes go for the hundred in lieu of the 60a for the faster charging. I was concerned about it until I priced out the cable today and said forget it.
There building a super charger within 10 min of my office.

This is my baby with all her options... :D
EtGE4_LHLzbo7Xkos91-3tB6biwm4EVTzvg-hEdicO3IApZC01Rv9aPK3Am644fCZyh7A3SzO_ifvNKbtk7DuzOeL5ckdQOKo1Y6zlJWsjXAuOMq87-iDOmfHXqeDWVA4vsRQb3ROcb17vXUi3AUk6Gzr4HLcXu-PV5IIY4inDsSEp9YoPR6pQMAtjgStM-z-LUMXADTTuU8nw68xn_QgH5FKM4KKauVklAu3Ul2stkmboRgLzBsT8xlmQYG989Yb0X9aP-zyl17mxdkODy2HFTr7uePNoi47_HQQRwhFayB-WmP7X06jmIw0TJNVHvOXhejjp8WGEfAT73L_yHGsOl_MbTRGaJdoRj5lFOb7p-OQ8GZzoawMDDs4wJwmTCMEALHqPfI_fT53Js45IGsGmDsCc3EfjLaHiIw0KkaTO8ZPeH6__ePUR9jqDWQVh2vC3LAlb_49yj7Xn85fYYadNfVQbSBNyep1dMIuwAlza4H2wdyV4YaA26r-2bbykGh6PP4GKALs6pssyxS2Zj2ccyQ_REv_R-4zpqsiYYVVTaMzeGoAZgCeZyHANA6eH6wMuNK-SIhYZpttU--yDLoaNiotOZhLlVZFFlgtyHq6aHu4q122QgcgSVyHiGgs_jRE8RTaJVUkSjPYqyP_3i5Bcgho7rAOvym=w730-h876-no

And i was under the impression the 100D's could charge at 72... or am i wrong?

You being 10 min from a super charger is cheating...
The nearest one for me is 30 min away, unless i want to go inside a mall parking lot which charges you 1 dollar for the first 1 hour and like 2 dollar each additional. :\

I’m afraid of how many speeding tickets I may get . I will deffenatly be driving more

This is why i had to stop myself from getting the Red one..

Its really difficult to hide between cars when your car itself is bright sparkling red.

Last edited:
I’ll have to check the NEC but local codes here and California now require at least an empty conduit for at least one car charger be provided in each new residence on single family homes. They don’t require the wire or charger yet .

On your speaker wires get the ladder and push as much of the wire back in the wall and leave about an inch out. You never know Disco may make a comback.

LOL. I’m just going to get up there cut them with some kitchen shears. I just never think about it when i have the ladder handy with scissors! ;)
I’m afraid I’ll be stopped before long for speeding. I SWORE I wouldn’t, but........ It is difficult not to go faster than I should. It’s so hard to resist!

Huh? No Auto Pilot? Are waiting on an update because you didn’t order your car with it? Not sure if that’s what you mean. Sorry if I misunderstood.
No I did order it but I was told the cameras have to calibrate and that’s somewhere between 100-150 miles. I may be wrong. Btw also my first close call tonight. Got home from Miami with 6 miles to spare.