Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update from my DA: "Your car has completed production and is in route to our service center. Would you be available on Saturday, March 17th for pick up?" 4 days earlier!

My account page status is still “in production “, but I caught my DS on the phone this morning and he confirmed it was out of production several days ago and it is being shipped by truck. It should arrive in Decatur on March 12, but sadly it will have to wait in the corner until March 15 or 16 when we can get there to pick it up. Time to get serious about making a decision on a detail shop.

DMack, Looks like Northern California MS buyers are getting closer in the production queue for first quarter deliveries. My DA in Rocklin proactively sent me an email and said my car should enter full production on March 11 and be delivered between March 15 and 20. You have selected a magnificent first new car! Counting the days for both of us...
Just got off phone with DS and confirmed delivery date of 20 March. DS gave me a few time slots for vehicle pickup. Planned production should start next week for NorCal is what I heard.

My account page status is still “in production “, but I caught my DS on the phone this morning and he confirmed it was out of production several days ago and it is being shipped by truck. It should arrive in Decatur on March 12, but sadly it will have to wait in the corner until March 15 or 16 when we can get there to pick it up. Time to get serious about making a decision on a detail shop.

Sigh so not fair...

I was confirmed before you were, and my car is still stuck at is scheduled for production.

My car according to others will probably start production when yours gets delivered.

This really sucks for california buyers.
We have one of the highest taxes...
Our Property costs an arm and leg.
2/3rds of the people in california cant even afford rent.

And worse of all we get shafted at the end of the production line.

They better not rush on our cars since we got shafted at the end.
If you make someone wait, they say make the wait well worth it, or don't make them wait at all.

Oh wonderful!!! Oh how I wish WE would have a Super Charger so close! The nearest one to me is 45 minutes away...You better believe I'd be right there having MY car Super Charged if it was that close to MY home! That is awesome! I hope it happens!

Got some good news and some bad... My vehicle is finally at the local dealership, and will be ready for delivery sunday March 4th. The bad news is, I just got a phone call from my ds, and was informed that there's a blemish(scratch) on the bottom part of the front console next to the nav screen. Im waiting for pictures to see how bad it is, but thats a royal buzzkill... Damn. They are saying they will fix or replace the part, but the reason for me to order a brand new factory order tesla is to have it in a factory condition, not repaired/replaced... Damn! /vent

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Sigh so not fair...

I was confirmed before you were, and my car is still stuck at is scheduled for production.

My car according to others will probably start production when yours gets delivered.

If you make someone wait, they say make the wait well worth it, or don't make them wait at all.

Well if it is any consolation my account page still says "in production". There is not doubt that the account page is sometimes well behind the true status. Now I am very surprised that you California guys haven't figured out a way to attach or link to your Tesla via GPS. That would relieve a great deal of pressure all across this forum, everyone would appreciate knowing exactly where your car is. In lieu of GPS tracking, can you get a more accurate status report from your DS?

They have said on this blog that the cars that have to travel the furthest get priority and all of us east coast folks this is rightly kind thinkin'. After all it will probably take 15 minutes to drop your car off in your driveway.:rolleyes:

Nevertheless I am really pulling for you, we should both being doing the happy dance mid-March if our order dates are that close! That's automotively speaking, I can't help you with your taxes or cost of living (I don't want to add to your anxiety).

Reactions: DMack
No tricks, I’m a master electrician by trade and still practice on occasion. My surprise was finding the main house beams boxed in and blocking my route as well as the main drain next to the panel,causing me to cut three more holes to fight my way around them. Once I got to the panel I found out I had no knock out left in top of the box. I had to run the cable down to the floor and back up into the bottom of the panel.

To answer your question I would try to get the cable installed point to point and let the electrician tie it in. They have minimum charges but mounting the unit and tying it in would cover the minimum. It’s not line the auto shop that has the rate to do the work and the other rate to finish the job you started. I would get the 6/3 cable with a ground 4 wires total and run it leaving it plenty long at both ends. I let the cable hit the floor from the ceiling allowing pertly for sparky to connect. I just paid $1.74 a foot for the cable. Paid my son a dinner and a couple beers. ;)

Great advice, Reddy. I have a 125 amp sub-panel in the garage with two slots available so just ran 6 ft of 6-3 with ground to a new nearby plug supporting NEMA 14-50. Went into the bottom of the sub-panel through an available knock-out and installed a 50 amp breaker. Interestingly, in CA new homes require a plug for an electric car charger. I recommend using an experienced electrician - this stuff is dangerous if you don’t do it right.

So my boat arrived to Zeebrugge as planned. Called my DS to check if delivery date could be narrowed down. Answer was not yet until the car is actually charged on truck. From that point on, I collected some quite interesting info:
- 800 Teslas (S and X) were transported with same boat mine was. 600 for Norway, 200 for Switzerland
- Norway has priority for charging in trucks due to number of cars at stake
- First light outdoor inspection is performed in Belgium in view of already ordering materials and pieces for repairs where needed
- It appears 20 cars are charged on truck per day (I assume that is 20 per day per destination country) - eg 10 days needed for the 200 cars for Switzerland
- For cars to Switzerland, first stop is for customs formalities in Basel, then off to Jura entry service center, then dispatch to various service centers within Switzerland, then detailing and preparation for delivery at your local Service center.

Most interesting info was to know 800 cars on that specific boat. Depending on the number of boats per month, that may give a rough idea of S and X per month to Europe.

I was informed yesterday that my MS was put on the truck to Switzerland the same day (1 March). Therefore it took 14 days from arrival in Zeebrugge (15 February) to being charged on the truck. The car should arrive at Tesla SC in Geneva on Monday 5 March. It should be ready for delivery on Friday 9 March however I scheduled my delivery appointment on Monday 12 February as actually and very coincidentally I will be in Brugge (next to Zeebrugge) for business on 8-11 March. Talk about crossed destiny! Haha

Sigh so not fair...

It’s difficult to wait, but I trust it will be worth it. Tesla needs to get as many cars delivered in the quarter as possible so those being delivered in close proximity (I am 125 miles from Fremont) would likely be produced last. I would expect they will be rushing to get as many done as they can for a better earnings report. I must admit that I am impatient, too, but the anticipation can be fun.

Got some good news and some bad... My vehicle is finally at the local dealership, and will be ready for delivery sunday March 4th. The bad news is, I just got a phone call from my ds, and was informed that there's a blemish(scratch) on the bottom part of the front console next to the nav screen. Im waiting for pictures to see how bad it is, but thats a royal buzzkill... Damn. They are saying they will fix or replace the part, but the reason for me to order a brand new factory order tesla is to have it in a factory condition, not repaired/replaced... Damn! /vent
OMG................WHAT in the WORLD? How does someone do that? How can that happen and happen before it ships....they could've fixed it while still at the factory IF it happened at the factory. Otherwise, WHEN did that happen, who did it??? That ticks me off so bad. After all this time and now THIS? I would be so pissed. I just cannot believe this. If they send you a picture, please post it so we can see too. Let us know what you're going to do etc. I just can't believe this. I am so sorry, after all this time and now this...........grrrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I was informed yesterday that my MS was put on the truck to Switzerland the same day (1 March). Therefore it took 14 days from arrival in Zeebrugge (15 February) to being charged on the truck. The car should arrive at Tesla SC in Geneva on Monday 5 March. It should be ready for delivery on Friday 9 March however I scheduled my delivery appointment on Monday 12 February as actually and very coincidentally I will be in Brugge (next to Zeebrugge) for business on 8-11 March. Talk about crossed destiny! Haha

Congratulations, your wait is almost over!!!

Sigh so not fair...

My car still reads as "scheduled for production" but i'm pretty sure it's already *in* production as my DS told me that it's too late for me to make any modifications to my order (i wanted to swap my silver 19"s for the dark grey 19"s).

She told me to be ready for a mid-march delivery, so i'm hoping for the weekend of 3/17.

That really sucks :mad::mad:

If it’s any consolation I had the same thing happen to my pickup truck. The dealership dropped the truck of the truck badly damaging the bed. They offered me a new truck that would take longer to get than a Tesla or they guaranteed I would not see the damage or have issues with the paint fading. I had them fix it and ten years later I still don’t see any blemishes.

Nice! Almost there

Checked two more things off my list
Wrapped up financing now that I’m in the 30 day window

Finished up the charger during today’s violent storm

57835842-F083-4C34-AEFF-4A2681A831A4.jpeg

Did learn a few thing hanging this puppy

Don’t stick it in the corners I had just enough room to meet the 8” clearance requirements for the cable and to simply plug it in. Tesla only mentions this one time in the instructions

Didn’t like the back plate and the provided tamper proof screws the tips they provide and are not magnetic making it real fun to hang. On the next one I’ll use the top feed back plate

Terminating it wasn’t real easy either, I would not want to terminate this thing for 100amp feed without out using the top feed bracket

That really sucks :mad::mad:

If it’s any consolation I had the same thing happen to my pickup truck. The dealership dropped the truck of the truck badly damaging the bed. They offered me a new truck that would take longer to get than a Tesla or they guaranteed I would not see the damage or have issues with the paint fading. I had them fix it and ten years later I still don’t see any blemishes.
You're much nicer than I am, Reddy Kilowatt! I would have refused that and made them make me a new truck! You hate having a new vehicle that has been "wrecked," but I cannot say I do not blame you for taking the truck and I am glad it worked out for you. What a story! I dread seeing that scratch on HA3AP's console. I'll be though, it will be easily taken care of and taken care of the right way as your truck was. I hope so anyway. That sure is a disappointment when getting a new vehicle that you've waited for, for so long!

I'm dealing with a similar issue on mine... was supposed to have delivery tomorrow but was just told there's a "blemish" on the paint that needs to be fixed offsite. No further details given & have to wait until Thursday o_O

Checked two more things off my list
Wrapped up financing now that I’m in the 30 day window

Finished up the charger during today’s violent storm

View attachment 284022

Did learn a few thing hanging this puppy

Don’t stick it in the corners I had just enough room to meet the 8” clearance requirements for the cable and to simply plug it in. Tesla only mentions this one time in the instructions

Didn’t like the back plate and the provided tamper proof screws the tips they provide and are not magnetic making it real fun to hang. On the next one I’ll use the top feed back plate

Terminating it wasn’t real easy either, I would not want to terminate this thing for 100amp feed without out using the top feed bracket
Great news! Now....my question: I know why you installed the NEMA 15-40 outlet but how come you bought that charger when you'll be getting one with your new Tesla? We knew we would get the charger with the car so we just had the outlet installed and when we got the car, we were able to charge it. Did you want two chargers? I am sure there is a reason you did this but I don't know what it is. (GREAT JOB, BTW!!!)

OK here's my Tesla story of woe.
I originally ordered a 100D back in December from inventory because I was worried about the tax incentive going away. A week later it shows up and they send me pictures of a large dent/scrape on the rear quarter panel. I couldn't in good conscience put out over $100K for the car to go straight to the body shop. I'm assuming this one got damaged while it was a "loaner" or demo not in transit. So I had them apply the $2500 to a factory 75D which I'm still not so patiently waiting on.

Ordered Inventory 100D on 9 Dec
Car arrives damaged on 18 Dec
Ordered factory 75D on 20 Dec
Confirmed 24 Dec
VIN received 24 Jan
In Production 08 Feb
In Transit 14 Feb
Preliminary delivery Appointment 24 Feb in Orlando
DS called rescheduled for 8 March arriving by rail :mad:
Come to find out the Norfolk Southern rail yard in Birmingham is backed up.
DS emails on March 1st that they are allocating my vehicle to a truck with an earlier arrival date to Orlando and will call ASAP with delivery date. Crickets today so I'm wondering if I'll even get it Thursday (8th) now.
I'm trying to be patient I really am but it is starting to drive me nuts.
I will say both my DS and OA have been very understanding and forthcoming throughout.

Model S 75D, Blue Metallic, Cream Interior, EAP, PUP.

OK here's my Tesla story of woe.
I originally ordered a 100D back in December from inventory because I was worried about the tax incentive going away. A week later it shows up and they send me pictures of a large dent/scrape on the rear quarter panel. I couldn't in good conscience put out over $100K for the car to go straight to the body shop. I'm assuming this one got damaged while it was a "loaner" or demo not in transit. So I had them apply the $2500 to a factory 75D which I'm still not so patiently waiting on.

Ordered Inventory 100D on 9 Dec
Car arrives damaged on 18 Dec
Ordered factory 75D on 20 Dec
Confirmed 24 Dec
VIN received 24 Jan
In Production 08 Feb
In Transit 14 Feb
Preliminary delivery Appointment 24 Feb in Orlando
DS called rescheduled for 8 March arriving by rail :mad:
Come to find out the Norfolk Southern rail yard in Birmingham is backed up.
DS emails on March 1st that they are allocating my vehicle to a truck with an earlier arrival date to Orlando and will call ASAP with delivery date. Crickets today so I'm wondering if I'll even get it Thursday (8th) now.
I'm trying to be patient I really am but it is starting to drive me nuts.
I will say both my DS and OA have been very understanding and forthcoming throughout.

Model S 75D, Blue Metallic, Cream Interior, EAP, PUP.
I am SO SORRY you're having to endure this! OMG! As you know....I ordered only NINE days before you ordered your special order Tesla MS 75D. Same as mine. I got mine on Feb. 22nd. You are still waiting and you don't even have a good delivery date YET? I'll BET you get it before the 8th. I'll bet you will! What I think will happen is you're going to get a call VERY SOON to say that your vehicle is IN Orlando and being prepped for you to take delivery. I firmly believe you will have your Tesla BEFORE the 8th. <fingers crossed> I just have a feeling:cool::cool::cool: