Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, I bet most of us know more than the reps at Tesla. I found it funny that my email was answered so quick and generically with “ Just keep checking the website, that will be your best indicator”. So I’m gonna bet my March 13th order will be the 3rd week of May for delivery. Just a guess from all the reading and what the trends have been on the spreadsheet.

I received the following from my Delivery Advisory at the Fremont Delivery Center:

....”As of now, we are looking great for mid to late May. Please keep in mind that production is fluid and subject to change. I will be sure to give you updates as I receive them!”

This is consistent with the first delivery estimate I received on March 13. My status still showsthat the order is confirmed and scheduled for production.

Reactions: Brettski
I received the following from my Delivery Advisory at the Fremont Delivery Center:

....”As of now, we are looking great for mid to late May. Please keep in mind that production is fluid and subject to change. I will be sure to give you updates as I receive them!”

This is consistent with the first delivery estimate I received on March 13. My status still showsthat the order is confirmed and scheduled for production.

FYI, I got my car a couple weeks ago. Simply stated the Dates I got from Tesla and others in this forum for the most part were dead on, particularly the delivery date they give you. There site computer can lag at times, or the DS will vanish. My car was ordered on 1/31 and I recieved it 3/23 just as they said. The bummer was it got built real quick and shipped but sat in Alabama Hub, then forever to get here. They told me the car was in Richmond VA. Tesla Tysons was slammed and only brought cars in as they went out. They literally lost track of my car. There was a time that I thought I would have gotten it two weeks early. Then no communications. several others got there's two weeks early during that period. People in California waited forever to get there's at the end of the quarter but still got them on the promissed date, with the new MCU. Only a couple people got bumped. I think we were chatting around page 926.

I got mine 1/2 day late and the old MCU.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Tesla Model S - 75D - Sunroof/Premium Sound/ RFS

Ordered on: 3/28
Confirmed on: 3/31
VIN received on: 4/6
VIN xxx257xxx

Below is my estimate per the DS for Jacksonville, FL

As of now your planned end of line date meaning the date in which your car rolls off the assembly line is the 15th of May. It then can take 2-4 weeks to have that car transported from California to Jacksonville.

There is an estimated delivery time frame of June 8th-June 15th. I would say more times than not the delivery is pushed up a week maybe 2 so there’s a good chance of taking delivery in the first week of June. Sometimes however shipping can be delayed as well but I think early June is a good indication for now. Hope this helps!

Tesla Model S 100D Pearl White - Sweden

Ordered: 02/13/2018
Confirmed: 02/20/2018
VIN: week later perhaps, don't remember
VIN: 2514**
Been in production for 14 days.
Estimated delivery: Late May - June. (got this date on my account last night, there was not an estimated date there before)

Premium upgrade, cream premium, carbon, 21" sonic gray twin turbine, glass roof.

Do Tesla push overseas production and VIN to compensate for shipping time? My 2537** VIN does not match up to the dates on US orderes...

My DS told me that within a quarter, "Tesla ships from east to west" - Manufacture of Europe-bound cars get higher priority, then into the quarter they focus on E coast deliveries and know that W coast deliveries don't need much lead time so they'll do them at the same time, or leave them until last.

He also said that influences the solidity of a delivery date. Cars scheduled to deliver near the end of the quarter arrive on time or early, where there may be more variation (i.e. less priority) mid-quarter.

It's really all about quarterly production numbers.

Thanks guys! Wondered how they planned their production. Sounds kind of logical.

There are ALOT of Tesla’s here in Norway, and most gets delivery within 3-3.5 months from orderdate.

Last quarter, around 1000 cars where delayed and Tesla is still struggling to deliver cars ordered Nov-Dec.
Hopefully Tesla can deal with this problem before my expected delivery in late June. :)