Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla just arrived. Andrew dropped it by. Normally they don't do Sunday deliveries, but since my car was beyond the delivery window by 5 days, he made an exception. Vin4360. The jump seats were installed. The only things on the due bill were the parcel shelf and the HWPC. Looks great. Taking it out for a spin. :)

My Tesla just arrived. Andrew dropped it by. Normally they don't do Sunday deliveries, but since my car was beyond the delivery window by 5 days, he made an exception. Vin4360. The jump seats were installed. The only things on the due bill were the parcel shelf and the HWPC. Looks great. Taking it out for a spin. :)
Here are some shots - not while spinning :)
My DS told me that some of the cars that had ordered rear seats are coming with them (like me) while others are on back order.

Tesla S.jpg
Rear Seats.jpg
Trunk with seats stowed.jpg

@astroboy: Nice picks - wanted to see how the car seats vanishes. Can't wait to get mine next week!

They look cool--great concept, a blast from the past (we had something like that when I was a kid, mumble-years-ago). Also, nice pics!

@ken: I wasn't aware the paint armor didn't cover the entire front hood - what is the cost of the full coverage?

$600 to remove/add the full front hood coverage.

I just got my delivery button!
This is all happening so fast! Idk if I'll be able to get the money so quickly.

1/11/13- Visited Tesla Showroom for the first time ever!
1/12/13- Test drove the Model S performance with my parents
1/14/13- Put down $5,000 deposit and reserved my car: Res. # 18,278
2/04/13- Got my 'Finalize' button, built my car: Awesome, I also received my finalize button today.
Got the finalize button at 8:34PM, Reservation #18,278. Finalized my car at 9:42
Tesla Model S Performance, Pearl White, All Glass Panoramic, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, 19" Wheels, Tan Interior, Carbon Fiber Decor, Tech Package, Sound Package, Paint Armor, Twin Chargers + High Power Wall Connector.
Initial delivery window: March/April
2/10/13- Recieved my Delivery button... Delivery Estimate March 13-March 27

Will keep everyone updated with more posts/pictures etc.

Wow, delivery window March 13-27! I'm #13,850 (P85). My delivery window is Feb 28-March 14th, I put my deposit down back in November and finalized a month ago (Jan 11th), and our delivery windows overlap!?!

Not sure if this is great (they're pumping out cars) or bad (they're not selling many/they're getting a lot of cancellations)...

I just got my delivery button!
This is all happening so fast! Idk if I'll be able to get the money so quickly.

1/11/13- Visited Tesla Showroom for the first time ever!
1/12/13- Test drove the Model S performance with my parents
1/14/13- Put down $5,000 deposit and reserved my car: Res. # 18,278
2/04/13- Got my 'Finalize' button, built my car: Awesome, I also received my finalize button today.
Got the finalize button at 8:34PM, Reservation #18,278. Finalized my car at 9:42
Tesla Model S Performance, Pearl White, All Glass Panoramic, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, 19" Wheels, Tan Interior, Carbon Fiber Decor, Tech Package, Sound Package, Paint Armor, Twin Chargers + High Power Wall Connector.
Initial delivery window: March/April
2/10/13- Recieved my Delivery button... Delivery Estimate March 13-March 27

Will keep everyone updated with more posts/pictures etc.

Wow, delivery window March 13-27! I'm #13,850 (P85). My delivery window is Feb 28-March 14th, I put my deposit down back in November and finalized a month ago (Jan 11th), and our delivery windows overlap!?!

Not sure if this is great (they're pumping out cars) or bad (they're not selling many/they're getting a lot of cancellations)...

dude, I dont think we need to worry. The total reservation list is close to 22 000 right now and I am pretty sure they will continue to get new reservations. When they get new Superchargers across the state then the interest will become SO MUCH higher...we haven't seen that surge yet :)

/ Nick

first post but have been following for some time. A lot of great info -thanks to all who supply. Thanks to all the activity regarding the delivery button i checked my tesla page and had the delivery button last night. Reservation #15,010. Believe it or not, delivery window is 2/12 to 2/26!! Will pick up at Costa Mesa delivery center. Shout out to Tesla229, i see your model s in the office parking structure all the time and im jealous - but not for long.

I emailed them just now - so I am hoping since my car hasn't arrived that they can put on the full hood. Is the line noticable in yours? I am getting all black.

Jamee at Rockville told me that they had to give me my car as ordered and then schedule to replace the partial hood with the full treatment.

I can see the line, so I guess it's noticeable, but I wouldn't say in a bad way? When looking at it with swegman, I noticed the reflection of trees etc. around me was a bit blurrier than on the unarmored part, which makes sense to me; he pointed out that it actually looked like it was a bit of a ripple effect or something--not sure if it's supposed to look like that or not, but it didn't bother me. (Maybe it kinda settles in over time?) Anyway, if you look at the partial hood you'd notice that as much as anything, I supposed.

I'm getting the full hood for protection, not aesthetics, but I can see people getting it purely for aesthetics. No offense to people who do that, but I'm just not as picky about things like that. ;-) My Miata (granted, it's 13.5 years old!) isn't looking so hot, trust me. . . .