Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone! I am new to TMC in terms of membership, but I have read TMC since my interest began to grow of owning a Tesla.

I ordered my MS on 4/23, confirmed on 4/26, went into production 5/25.

My DS mentioned that the delivery would be sometime late June after they had initially stated early June. The one disappointing part about all this is that one is making a large purchase and yet in my experience, the folks at Tesla aren't very helpful in providing timelines. I will wait patiently, but having a goal date to wait for would be nice.

In Any case, I am super ready for car to arrive. :)

Hi Everyone! I am new to TMC in terms of membership, but I have read TMC since my interest began to grow of owning a Tesla.

My DS mentioned that the delivery would be sometime late June after they had initially stated early June. The one disappointing part about all this is that one is making a large purchase and yet in my experience, the folks at Tesla aren't very helpful in providing timelines. I will wait patiently, but having a goal date to wait for would be nice.

I'm in the same boat, ordered 4/19 with production started on 5/24. Good news though is my DS says production is complete and it's just waiting for a ride. Honestly your production is probably complete as well so you're just looking at shipping times and those are mostly out of Tesla's control.

I'm in the same boat, ordered 4/19 with production started on 5/24. Good news though is my DS says production is complete and it's just waiting for a ride. Honestly your production is probably complete as well so you're just looking at shipping times and those are mostly out of Tesla's control.

I hope so, but my DS is not as helpful as yours. Mine keeps asking me the same questions in email anytime she sends me something even though I have answered them already. I think the person is new to managing the "customer experience."

Woohoo. My DA just called me and my delivery date moved up from 6/11 to 6/5. Getting my 100D next Tuesday at noon!

Wow! That's awesome, you are indeed lucky! Another great example of Tesla's crazy logistics system which makes zero sense. My order from same time will be in transit over a month to Midwest, while yours travels twice the distance and arrives a week earlier. No idea what they are doing... lol

Wow! That's awesome, you are indeed lucky! Another great example of Tesla's crazy logistics system which makes zero sense. My order from same time will be in transit over a month to Midwest, while yours travels twice the distance and arrives a week earlier. No idea what they are doing... lol
I believe the train goes through Chicago to Alabama, not sure why they don't unload the cars in Chicago. Makes no sense.

Just got a call from my DS. Told me that my car is scheduled for production on 6-18. He made a appointment for delivery for 6-28. Also told me to start applying for financing. They want to get deliveries done before the end of the quarter.

Reordered - 5-12
Confirmed 5-15
VIN# 5-22
Production 6-18?
Delivery 6-28?

Now Tesla is making me look bad. Today I complain that they take too long and then this happens:

I am glad to be wrong. :)
ReadyToShip.png

Never received a notice like this. Just the vehicle had finished production and was being transported. Then an email from DS asking to move the delivery up a week. This morning the status note changed to: Your vehicle is being prepped for delivery. Guess it is in Tampa. Looks like Florida deliveries are happening.

Don't feel too bad...there seems to be quite a difference in the amount of information the different DS's provide. My car was confimed on 4/9, finished production on 5/16 and I don't have a delivery date yet. I did find out three days ago that it was somewhere near Alabama. Nothing since then.