Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday, what an amazing experience. Been driving it all day today and finding more things to love. Summon is awesome ( I have a very tight one car garage) and autopolit is a dream. The only thing I don't care for is Slacker radio. We really need spotify.
Beautiful blue comet. Now im thinking i should have ordered comet blue. Im happy for you my friend Any problems?

Quiet in here.. So Denver and Northwest have received their cars, what region is next? Anyone here with a delivery appointment this week?

Still don't have a date (Philly). I did hear this morning that the car was "arriving at Alabama Hub any day". From southern California to Alabama...evidently, mine is finding it difficult to leave the warm weather states. Yours finished production 3 days ahead of mine...so I'm thinking southeast next and then mid-west? Northeast in a couple weeks?

Guess what mr Jeff
Im going in Thursday a week early to take delivery. So what or in the world is your road rocket

Wow! Thats awesome! I cant believe our cars didnt ship together. Yours must have shipped by truck. She literally told me today that no new information about the location of my car was available, just that its on a train somewhere. Anyways, maybe it will magically appear sooner. :(

Still don't have a date (Philly). I did hear this morning that the car was "arriving at Alabama Hub any day". From southern California to Alabama...evidently, mine is finding it difficult to leave the warm weather states. Yours finished production 3 days ahead of mine...so I'm thinking southeast next and then mid-west? Northeast in a couple weeks?

Yep- You are probably exactly right! Southeast for sure is next. Which still makes no sense, since everything goes through Chicago by train before switching lines and heading south to Alabama. Their entire logistics is one big puzzle. Its the same for Model X too.

I ordered my S on 5/9. I've been checking the spreadsheet regularly, but there aren't any production/delivery updates since 5/23. Just trying to get a sense of production and delivery timing because I'm pretty psyched to get it. My DS just said June, but I don't have any more detailed information. It's killing me!

I ordered my S on 5/9. I've been checking the spreadsheet regularly, but there aren't any production/delivery updates since 5/23. Just trying to get a sense of production and delivery timing because I'm pretty psyched to get it. My DS just said June, but I don't have any more detailed information. It's killing me!

Hi,

Welcome to the waiting club! You ordered at the perfect time. I've learned from all the reading and waiting I've done since March that if you dont want to wait 3 months like me, to order 6 weeks before the end of the quarter. That will get you a 4-5 week turn-around time.

Tesla builds in large batches, so as you can see on the spreadsheet, there was a 2 week period with tons of production updates. I'm sure there will be another large batch starting this weekend or early next week to deliver as many as they can before end of quarter.

Then there is the transit times. When they arent in a rush to deliver they take their time with economy freight and rail services, but I've also seen deliveries 6 days after production end when they need to.

Some DS's are great and proactively call and email their customers weekly, while others will just send the occasional email and wont call you until its time to schedule your delivery. You can rely on the Tesla account update page to tell you when your car starts and ends production but once its in transit thats the last update you'll get from it. Most people recently have taken delivery and the vehicle still says "in transit"

Happy waiting! Try not to think about it too much! ;)

Hi,

Welcome to the waiting club! You ordered at the perfect time. I've learned from all the reading and waiting I've done since March that if you dont want to wait 3 months like me, to order 6 weeks before the end of the quarter. That will get you a 4-5 week turn-around time.

Tesla builds in large batches, so as you can see on the spreadsheet, there was a 2 week period with tons of production updates. I'm sure there will be another large batch starting this weekend or early next week to deliver as many as they can before end of quarter.

Then there is the transit times. When they arent in a rush to deliver they take their time with economy freight and rail services, but I've also seen deliveries 6 days after production end when they need to.

Some DS's are great and proactively call and email their customers weekly, while others will just send the occasional email and wont call you until its time to schedule your delivery. You can rely on the Tesla account update page to tell you when your car starts and ends production but once its in transit thats the last update you'll get from it. Most people recently have taken delivery and the vehicle still says "in transit"

Happy waiting! Try not to think about it too much! ;)

Thanks for the info! That's super helpful. Luckily, I'm in the bay area, so hopefully the transit time won't be too much. :)

I'll just try to be patient. Ha!