Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A glorious day in Jacksonville, Florida! Had a great pickup experience. A couple minor issues

1) One of the sideview mirrors wasn't painted completely (light spray) - they already scheduled a mobile service call to come to my house to replace it!
2) Current issues with model S and model X per forums - The browser and manuals are blank and don't show anything after the car wakes up.

Nothing that can spoil the day though, super excited and LOVE the car!! Off to the detailer tomorrow!

Attachments

• Pic.png
    Pic.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
A glorious day in Jacksonville, Florida! Had a great pickup experience. A couple minor issues

1) One of the sideview mirrors wasn't painted completely (light spray) - they already scheduled a mobile service call to come to my house to replace it!
2) Current issues with model S and model X per forums - The browser and manuals are blank and don't show anything after the car wakes up.

Nothing that can spoil the day though, super excited and LOVE the car!! Off to the detailer tomorrow!
My browser didn’t work initially. There was a software update I installed at home and the browser began working. I don’t know if it was a coincidence or not, but I suggest you check for any update.

Reactions: JohnD-Florida
Nah. I ordered one too. Just luck of the draw, I guess...

Based on what I've seen since I ordered in April, production appears to be regional. Since you're in Oakland and therefore Fremont's backyard, I'd expect your production to start a week or so before delivery whereas Elektron's requires it to be shipped across the country so that has to be taken into account.

The status of my order moved to "undergoing preparation for delivery" last night which is awesome considering the Service Center is hosting a Welcome Workshop tomorrow. I'm going to see if we can get an early delivery since we'll be there anyway, but either way I'm going to try to see our car as a week isn't that big of a deal.

Reactions: rdpsf
Based on what I've seen since I ordered in April, production appears to be regional. Since you're in Oakland and therefore Fremont's backyard, I'd expect your production to start a week or so before delivery whereas Elektron's requires it to be shipped across the country so that has to be taken into account.

The status of my order moved to "undergoing preparation for delivery" last night which is awesome considering the Service Center is hosting a Welcome Workshop tomorrow. I'm going to see if we can get an early delivery since we'll be there anyway, but either way I'm going to try to see our car as a week isn't that big of a deal.

Thanks! That's super helpful and makes a lot of sense.

Fingers crossed that you get an early delivery!