Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, i watched so many videos that i was done with the delivery before they were. I think i confused them. Took a whole 20 minutes and i was on the road. I made sure there was no obvious glaring fit/finish issues. The car started and went. I knew that if i found anything significant later that they will fix it. Ive bought enough cars to know what to look for out of the gate. Most of you have as well. Dont let people here make you think you have to go over it with a fine tooth comb. So far so good. Great experience overall.

Agreed. I did the same. No obvious flaws at all. Just enjoy it.

Reactions: Elektron
Just took delivery yesterday of a MS 75D (ordered 5/11) at the service center in Columbus. I was the last delivery of the day, so the experience was nice and leisurely. The front passenger door needed to be realigned with the rear passenger door, but otherwise the car looks great! Hopefully it’ll be home from its PPF wrap in time to take it out for a road trip the weekend after the 4th…
IMG_1310.jpg

Reactions: SpudLime
You mothe...i mean congrats. What config did you go with and location? I ordered May 24th still showing scheduled. You were “supposed” to be behind me by 6 days.

I ordered soon after you and I'm at the same status as yourself. I stopped into my delivering dealer on Friday and spoke to a salesperson who checked for me. He said that it looks to be scheduled for production this week and delivery August 2nd. When I started my conversation about it he asked me when I placed the order (May 28th), he then thought it should be very close to delivery. He then said Oh It's White. Maybe has something to with it, I just checked the order tracker and saw yours is white also. Hmm...

I ordered soon after you and I'm at the same status as yourself. I stopped into my delivering dealer on Friday and spoke to a salesperson who checked for me. He said that it looks to be scheduled for production this week and delivery August 2nd. When I started my conversation about it he asked me when I placed the order (May 28th), he then thought it should be very close to delivery. He then said Oh It's White. Maybe has something to with it, I just checked the order tracker and saw yours is white also. Hmm...

Honestly reading that I chalk that up to SA pulling something from their butt. Taking longer because of white paint?? C’mon man.

Wohoo. Finally changed to “currently in production.”
Well done, SpudLime. You give us hope they are actually building Ss and not all 3s. I'm a few days behind your order date in Tysons. And we are both Blue if that has anything to do with the price of eggs. I'll meet you at Wegmans parking lot in Chantilly and we can race around the lot - and I find out what "SpudLime" means. Happy 4th. I'm in Canada today for their day.

• Funny
Reactions: SpudLime
You mothe...i mean congrats. What config did you go with and location? I ordered May 24th still showing scheduled. You were “supposed” to be behind me by 6 days.

It’s on the spreadsheet.

75D blue with 19” black wheels
Sunroof. Black premium int with carbon fiber.
Every package selected except the child rear seats.

I’m in northern va. Tyson’s corner pickup.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
Well done, SpudLime. You give us hope they are actually building Ss and not all 3s. I'm a few days behind your order date in Tysons. And we are both Blue if that has anything to do with the price of eggs. I'll meet you at Wegmans parking lot in Chantilly and we can race around the lot - and I find out what "SpudLime" means. Happy 4th. I'm in Canada today for their day.
Haha.
Sounds good.

Ugh! I was glad to see 7000 cars built last week. I just wish one was mine!

I ordered in May with a June delivery date. June slipped to "probably by July 5th". That slipped to July 12th. And, now my DS just told me he hopes it will be here by the 19th. The slips, and anticipation, are killing me.