Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my car Tuesday afternoon. It was amazing...until it wasn't. Tuesday night, while at the gym, someone broke into my 4 hour old car via the passenger side rear panel window to see if something was in the trunk. Tesla was great (and I'm lucky to be in the bay area close to a lot of service centers) and found me a service center that could take my car Wednesday morning. They gave me a Tesla loaner and finished the repair in 24 hours. A pretty traumatic first day of Tesla ownership, but they were so amazing. Also, so you know, replacing that window is super expensive because they have to replace the chrome as well.

MVIMG_20180619_204843.jpg IMG_20180619_204900.jpg

Received my 3D Maxpider Tan mats and the Lloyds Ultimat today.

The Lloyds Ultimat Linen color is an exact match to the cream flooring but I am wondering if replacing one carpet mat with another is getting me anywhere. Also I am not sure whether it will move around as they have provided some plastic screws which I am not sure where to attach.

The 3D Maxpider tan color mats are way darker in color than it shows up in the picture. On the positive side, it fits like a glove on the front and back flooring. Also the look and feel is pretty nice and not like plasticky. I had seen some concern about it not fitting the back seat of 2018 models but I didn't see any issues. I installed it on the bare floor and the edges got tucked in under the metal pieces. I am attaching few pics to show what I am talking about. Only if it is was a lighter color, it would have been a no brainer. I may just go with it. Did anybody find anything better?

Attachments

• IMG_7073.jpg
    IMG_7073.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_7072.jpg
    IMG_7072.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7074.jpg
    IMG_7074.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 73
Took delivery of my car Tuesday afternoon. It was amazing...until it wasn't. Tuesday night, while at the gym, someone broke into my 4 hour old car via the passenger side rear panel window to see if something was in the trunk. Tesla was great (and I'm lucky to be in the bay area close to a lot of service centers) and found me a service center that could take my car Wednesday morning. They gave me a Tesla loaner and finished the repair in 24 hours. A pretty traumatic first day of Tesla ownership, but they were so amazing. Also, so you know, replacing that window is super expensive because they have to replace the chrome as well.

View attachment 311570 View attachment 311569
That is really sad! Hope it is back to its brand new look again

View attachment 311570 View attachment 311569
So sorry you had to go through that.

Took delivery today and everything was smooth. Only issue so far is browser isnt working which i noticed once i got home. Seems to be a known issue though. Otherwise, the car is fantastic. It exceeded expectations! About 2 hr trip home. Did autopilot last 50 miles and it works great. No nags if you rest your hand at bottom of wheel. Need to get that front license plate off and send her for PPF and ceramic coating tomorrow. Great experience from order to delivery! Hats off to My DS Wes who got this car to me in less than one month and always responded to emails same day, usually within an hour or two. I know these guys are swamped with end of quarter rush deliveries. Also, the 3D maxpider floormats are the way to go, especially with cream interior. The 21's would have been the icing on the cake, but the roads around here too dicey! If anyone has any questions about the process, dont hesitate to ask.
My browser wasn’t working when I took delivery. I was able to get it going by rebooting the screen (hold both scroll wheels until the screen goes black), however it still occasionally doesn’t work, again solved by a quick reboot.

Tomorrow makes one month since ordering my S and still no production waa* anyhow ds says its supposed to go into production very early July. Its a shame because I should know better following tesla all these years and having already owned a 3 but at the time when ordered my 100d it said late June delivery.

yes, it's like being a little kid and hearing that Christmas morning is now in mid-January. (sorry - I am not putting forth any assumption of religious beliefs - just giving an example). seems the data input sheet is at a stand-still. would be interesting to be a mouse in the corporate production meetings.

Took delivery of my 100D today at the Dedham MA service center. Nice experience, low key and efficient. Car was delivered impeccable - solid black and I couldn’t find any swirls at all. The drive home was great. It is the best car on the planet, hands down. I do have a pending software update I will apply later tonight. Only thing I had to do was change the configuration of my wall charger...my electrician apparently didn’t RTFM and it was set to limit output to 12A. I figured that out and am getting 56A now. And of course Born to Run was the first album played ;) bye bye gas stations!!!

Reactions: boswell
Took delivery of my 100D today at the Dedham MA service center. Nice experience, low key and efficient. Car was delivered impeccable - solid black and I couldn’t find any swirls at all. The drive home was great. It is the best car on the planet, hands down. I do have a pending software update I will apply later tonight. Only thing I had to do was change the configuration of my wall charger...my electrician apparently didn’t RTFM and it was set to limit output to 12A. I figured that out and am getting 56A now. And of course Born to Run was the first album played ;) bye bye gas stations!!!
Congrats ! Pictures

Took delivery today of my bb blue (MS 75D) The experience was somewhat fun and disapointing. The car has multiple cosmetic damages that happened during transit: a dent on the driver’s side with some scratches and very bad paint finish. However the manager was very apologetic and offered us 2 years of free service. Tesla will fix the dent and the rest the issues or change the whole door if it does not meet our expectation.
Another thing was the web browser, which they had to reboot and then it worked fine after the reboot.
The drive around the city was awsome and it was worth the wait!

Attachments

• 2F386D62-61C0-4CE4-BEDA-30A554F5D554.jpeg
    2F386D62-61C0-4CE4-BEDA-30A554F5D554.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 70
  • FA2490A2-2181-45ED-8394-620A69FCFD23.jpeg
    FA2490A2-2181-45ED-8394-620A69FCFD23.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 74
Picked up my first Tesla on Father's Day! Absolutely love it! Haven't had the courage to try the autopilot yet but will soon do. Using autopilot on the test drive car was one thing, but trying it out on your own car ....

Few things I thought I will mention
1) One side of the front hood is slightly mis-aligned. I can push it in with my finger to align it but I would rather they fix it. Suggest everybody carefully check everything
2) Yesterday I couldn't connect the car to WIFI at home. I have a new and extremely powerful router so it wasn't signal strength. Spent a lot of time reading various tips on google and trying them on my router but nothing. Today I re-booted the Tesla and it connected right away after the re-boot.
3) If you have Cream Premium interior like mine, you better plan on getting some other floor mats or plastic mats on top. They are very easy to get dirty. I have ordered 3D Maxspider and Lloyds Ultimat to see what works best. I haven't received them yet. I will update this thread with pics once I receive them.

Alignment of panels, Id leave that alone.

The Wifi is normal as it only connects when you are updating. At least thats what I glean from all these forums. Mine and many others never seemed to connect either. The car does not need full time connection.

Cream well no experience there.

Took delivery today of my bb blue (MS 75D) The experience was somewhat fun and disapointing. The car has multiple cosmetic damages that happened during transit: a dent on the driver’s side with some scratches and very bad paint finish. However the manager was very apologetic and offered us 2 years of free service. Tesla will fix the dent and the rest the issues or change the whole door if it does not meet our expectation.
Another thing was the web browser, which they had to reboot and then it worked fine after the reboot.
The drive around the city was awsome and it was worth the wait!
Sorry to hear about your issues. My brother works for toyota and the longest line in production is called final four and they inspect the entire car for any quality issues and it gets pulled and corrected before shipping. Hopefully tesla will have this setup one day.

Sorry to hear about your issues. My brother works for toyota and the longest line in production is called final four and they inspect the entire car for any quality issues and it gets pulled and corrected before shipping. Hopefully tesla will have this setup one day.

Thank you Elektron!
Let’s hope one days Tesla quality get to the toyota or Honda level ( not saying Mercedes or BMW) lol

The Wifi is normal as it only connects when you are updating. At least thats what I glean from all these forums. Mine and many others never seemed to connect either. The car does not need full time connection.

That is incorrect. The car connects to the internet via WiFi just as any other wireless device and will use it for any internet activity (maps, streaming, browser).

I initially had issues connecting to my WiFi as well. Make sure you're trying to connect to the 2.4GHz band. My router was setup for "smart connect" which broadcasts the same SSID for both 5GHz and 2.4GHz, once I changed the settings and separated them, I was able to connect.

The MX sheet shows a few production entries for late May orders. It feels that staff got pulled off the MS line to work M3s in the tent - but how would we know.

Could also be they are focusing on non-North American orders, since those have such long shipping times they want them built early to hit the Q3 delivery dates. North American orders can be built much later in the quarter and still hit their delivery dates.