Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad I called, thanks for the advice. Got a call from Michael in NY, and now his name and email address are showing on my Tesla account page.

In his voicemail he said I would be looking at a mid-August deliver. Seems far out given my car is going to finish production in a day or two (based completely on my guess since its been in production for 4 days now.)

From production end to
Glad I called, thanks for the advice. Got a call from Michael in NY, and now his name and email address are showing on my Tesla account page.

In his voicemail he said I would be looking at a mid-August deliver. Seems far out given my car is going to finish production in a day or two (based completely on my guess since its been in production for 4 days now.)
For me, 20 days from production finish to delivery at Tysons. Mid-August delivery for you seems consistent with my experience if you are close to production end.

Wow.

Just got off a call with Tesla.
Ordered last week and informed them that I am out of country from Mid-September to Early October for vacation.

They just called me saying my scheduled estimated delivery date is end of September which is end of quarter, that if i'm not there to pick the car up end of September I cannot have the car anymore, will have to renegotiate interest rates and have to re-order the car again. Not to mention that Tesla only deliver to Canada during certain periods (end of quarters and in december).

So that would mean the car I ordered now would be canceled, i'd have higher interest rates and i'd wait 3-4 more months for my Model S. What kind of business is that ?

Anyone had this happened to them before ? Isn't it possible to sign the contract via internet (hello DocuSign!!) and have a relative go pick up the car while I am out of the country ?

Thanks every for your inputs.

Ahzuz - They are building Canada cars right now. Did you get a Vin #? A buyer "Frank" in Toronto has an MS vin 2696xx completed production 7/16/18 per the spreadsheet. Montreal is five hours east. Tell them - "ok, cancel the order, refund all deposit money - or get the car at my convenience in mid-Sept."

So the dizziness of DA's continues. Got a call from spencer in NYC to let me know he can schedule me for delivery this Sunday. I was like, wut? I explained that after calling HQ, i was given a DA from the local SC in tysons and she already scheduled my delivery for Saturday at 3:30. He was like, let me call you back. So he calls the local DA, then calls me back. All sorted out he says. Ive scheduled you for saturday at 3:30. I was like, wasnt I ALREADY scheduled? he said no, but im good to go for that time/day. *sigh

He then asks for insurance proof and my loan information. Im like hello, i have all this on the "mytesla" page. He explains that he doesnt see it. *eyeroll*, so i email him directly the same exact information. All is good to go according to him.

Good lawd people, I know the Model 3 has the company scrambling, but why add MORE stress to the poor employees??!!

Carry on, 2 days left. Should have docs from contracts tomorrow via the "mytesla" page. Wonder if spencer will see that? lol

Ahzuz - They are building Canada cars right now. Did you get a Vin #? A buyer "Frank" in Toronto has an MS vin 2696xx completed production 7/16/18 per the spreadsheet. Montreal is five hours east. Tell them - "ok, cancel the order, refund all deposit money - or get the car at my convenience in mid-Sept."

No VIN yet, order was confirmed a few days ago.

But the advisor told me production is scheduled for August 20th.

Can they refund the deposit money? They said they cannot accelerate shipping or even delay it. Since it's end of quarter they cannot go over the quarter. Honestly I've never seen that before with any car dealership. If they cannot do anything I'll just cancel and give my money to another company.

So the dizziness of DA's continues. Got a call from spencer in NYC to let me know he can schedule me for delivery this Sunday. I was like, wut? I explained that after calling HQ, i was given a DA from the local SC in tysons and she already scheduled my delivery for Saturday at 3:30. He was like, let me call you back. So he calls the local DA, then calls me back. All sorted out he says. Ive scheduled you for saturday at 3:30. I was like, wasnt I ALREADY scheduled? he said no, but im good to go for that time/day. *sigh

He then asks for insurance proof and my loan information. Im like hello, i have all this on the "mytesla" page. He explains that he doesnt see it. *eyeroll*, so i email him directly the same exact information. All is good to go according to him.

Good lawd people, I know the Model 3 has the company scrambling, but why add MORE stress to the poor employees??!!

Carry on, 2 days left. Should have docs from contracts tomorrow via the "mytesla" page. Wonder if spencer will see that? lol
Hi Spudlime

Seems we are in midst of some sort of re-organization and left hand isn't talking to right hand. One minute we are dealing with local DS in Tysons and next minute we are dealing with some org in NYC. Glad you are close anyway. Seems Elon and everyone below in some sort of nervous fit these days. We still have to hope they get it together to lead the EV charge. Competition is coming hard. Elektrek is great site to track industry developments. be well

Reactions: SpudLime
I'm all set for July 31 (60 days order to delivery). I just asked 2 recent questions of original sales guy --
1) fine print on free supercharge access says "need referral code" - I asked whose referral code - he didnt answer but said he took care of it for me
2) I asked any discounts on accessories (mats, etc) before delivery. Message was "we dont do that." Makes sense, I only spent 100k there, I wouldnt expect any favors. Ha

I'm all set for July 31 (60 days order to delivery). I just asked 2 recent questions of original sales guy --
1) fine print on free supercharge access says "need referral code" - I asked whose referral code - he didnt answer but said he took care of it for me
2) I asked any discounts on accessories (mats, etc) before delivery. Message was "we dont do that." Makes sense, I only spent 100k there, I wouldnt expect any favors. Ha

"we dont do that" is false. My SA is giving me free all weather mats for front and rear seats. Also giving me the charging adapter. which i kinda thought came with the car already...

"we dont do that" is false. My SA is giving me free all weather mats for front and rear seats. Also giving me the charging adapter. which i kinda thought came with the car already...
I made another attempt based on "my buddy got free mats." No luck. I guess lesson is ask when have leverage sitting is show room. Bigger fish to fry. I will let it go.

bummer man. I pressed the mats issue after the test drive. Said my kids would ruin the regular carpet. The SA said if floor mats is all that stops you from ordering, i got you covered. So.. yeah, key is to know when to negotiate. I tried for the frunk and trunk rubber mats and the SA couldnt make that happen.