Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 7605 was picked up at the St. Louis Service Center Thursday afternoon. I have done nothing but find any and all excuses to drive and then answer a ton of questions to nearly everyone that sees it. The car is freakin' amazing and while the wait was painfully slow it was SOOOO worth it. I appear to be walking a little bit taller these days. There are a couple of minor things that I need to get use to or figure out. I'm sure all this info is here on the forum, so I have some searches coming up in the near future.

1. the placement of the blinker switch - I kept lowering my cruise control
2. is it possible to change the navigation so that the map isn't always facing north, gets confusing when you are going west and the map moves to the right
3. I could have sworn that the ridged trim plate when you open the truck were chrome - the ones in the frunk are, but the ones in the back are plastic
Great looking car, congrats

1) it's a Mercedes steering system I think but found most get used to it very quickly. I did and like it actually now.
2) not yet but if you enter an address in the Nav, a small map appears on the left side of the odometer display in that orientation
3) I think that's something they changed to with the production cars recently

Got my delivery button last night around 8pm mountain time. Completed the questionnaire with a delivery window of 5/4-5/18.
Reserved: 12/31/12
Invitation to configure: 1/29/13
Order complete: 2/4/13
Reconfigured and completed revised order: 3/22/13 (changed from 40kwh to 60kwh - before Elon's announcement)
Delivery details completed: 4/15/13
Delivery window: 5/4-5/18

Super excited. It's going to be a tough next few weeks, this wait.

Got my delivery button last night around 8pm mountain time. Completed the questionnaire with a delivery window of 5/4-5/18.
Reconfigured and completed revised order: 3/22/13 (changed from 40kwh to 60kwh - before Elon's announcement)

Congrats! Mine came via email around that same time, and my car has a little further to go so you'll likely get yours before me...post pics!

Same here. I probably take the record for the last car ordered with the 2012 prices
Reserved: April 2012
Invitation to configure: Nov 2012
Actually configured and ordered: March 22, 2013
Delivery button: 4/15/2013
Delivery Window: 5/3-5/17
Wallet Level: Empty

85kwh|blue|nappa leather|tech|no panoramic roof|premium audio

Same here. I probably take the record for the last car ordered with the 2012 prices
Reserved: April 2012
Invitation to configure: Nov 2012
Actually configured and ordered: March 22, 2013
Delivery button: 4/15/2013
Delivery Window: 5/3-5/17
Wallet Level: Empty
85kwh|blue|nappa leather|tech|no panoramic roof|premium audio
That may very well be the last order at the 2012 price. I ordered Mar 7.
DS just called me with VIN#9108.
VIN # 10000 could be in the first week of May, could be you!
They are cranking them out.

Took delivery today! 60 kwh new Red, tech, air, tan leather. Amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1366254714.172786.jpg

I would personally like to thank all my TMC support group for getting me thru this difficult period of waiting!